Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:02 PM | #1
To Whom It May Concern:

In the past few weeks, there's been a great deal of discussion regarding Legacy Levels and their importance. Several of your community members have been up in arms regarding recent decisions involving Legacy Requirements and certain Unlocks via the Cartel Market. So, I would like to take this opportunity to invite them into this thread and give some ideas of FUTURE LEGACY ITEMS they would like to see added which would require Legacy Level 40 (or higher) to obtain. Items that no other player can access without being Legacy Level 40+.

Not being anywhere near Legacy 40+ myself, I would love to see them get something physical which could be "displayed" while on runs or at Fleet with other users. My first thought, a TaunTaun Ram Mount. We could use one in the game, and it would give players something to strive for. The TaunTaun vendor could be on Hoth, and ONLY sells you a White, Grey, or light Brown ram if you are Legacy 40+ for 250K creds or 160CC. I think animal mounts are LONG over due and it is only fair that our Legacy Members be recognized and rewarded for all their time spent in the game.

Another item I would love to see for Legacy 40+ would be fully modded gear for their alts. A set of gear, which comes pre-modded for level 50 alts, allowing them some ease of leveling from 50 to 55 as the gear would be tuned for 54(ish) and usable at 50. Or possibly a unique Light Saber / Blaster that can be passed over to alts and remodded. Something tangible that shows appreciation for the Legacy 40+.

If you have any reasonable requests for something you would like to see for Legacy 40+ ONLY, please feel free to add it below. It is my hope that Eric, or another member of his team will view this post with serious scrutiny and reward the members of our community who have made their Legacy 40+ and continue to be credits to the game. So, thank you for your time Bioware and please, make Legacy 40+ unique for those who have strived to meet or beat this level of gaming. I'd say they've earned something for the time they've dedicated.

*Please Note: TL;DR - I am Legacy 5 and I am endorsing players Legacy 40+ to receive some type of unique item showing their status as a high ranking legacy. I am not in this for myself.

2nd TL;DR - There are some good ideas in this thread, and there are also some general "off topic" conversations from the standard derailers. I would encourage people with good ideas to make a thread and have your voice heard.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 02:05 PM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Suggestions section.

Quote:
If you have any reasonable requests for something you would like to see for Legacy 40+ ONLY,
yeah..the Ewok.

And then you will go on to say "but it's already a legacy 40 unlock" and then I will say "Cartel Coiners get to bypass that system" and then we have a big argument as to whether the Ewok should be legacy 40 for everyone or not.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
I appreciate the option to move the suggestion, however, the Suggestion threads get viewed about as much as reruns of the new Knight Rider.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Ayelinna
07.06.2013 , 02:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
I appreciate the option to move the suggestion, however, the Suggestion threads get viewed about as much as reruns of the new Knight Rider.
Now do you see why people post multiple threads? Because their opinions and ideas and suggestions are more likely to be ignored in a 30 page thread. lol

daclouddwalker
07.06.2013 , 02:08 PM | #5
Im not picky but i cant understand why we havent already had items that were tied to legacy levels. Im sure others would agree that the legacy system has so much potential and there should be rewards for reaching legacy levels, heck id even be fine with them removing credit costs to all the legacy perks.

Desolaytore
07.06.2013 , 02:09 PM | #6
I still see an option for CC. So nahh
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
yeah..the Ewok.

And then you will go on to say "but it's already a legacy 40 unlock" and then I will say "Cartel Coiners get to bypass that system" and then we have a big argument as to whether the Ewok should be legacy 40 for everyone or not.
Please don't disrail this discussion with that topic. There are plenty of Ewok threads going around to satisfy people's need for discussion. Bioware will not be reversing course with Treek, so it becomes a moot pint. I am looking for unique and inciteful ideas which could be developed and implemented by 2.4. I'm not here for an argument, I am here for a discussion. I'm certain the Legacy players would like to have this taken seriously, and so would I.

SkunkWerks
07.06.2013 , 02:10 PM | #8
That's because you don't hassle the hoff.

Superman_AZ
07.06.2013 , 02:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
I still see an option for CC. So nahh
The option for CC + Legacy 40+ OR Creds + Legacy 40+. The CC is only a currency choice and not a blanket unlock.

Desolaytore
07.06.2013 , 02:12 PM | #10
The option for CC + Legacy 40+ OR Creds + Legacy 40+. The CC is only a currency choice and not a blanket unlock.
How bout Legacy only with credits only. It is not hard to get credits in this game, even with all the money sinks.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.