Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I know there have been threads on this, but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I know there have been threads on this, but...

DarthMaulUK
07.06.2013 , 07:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
If you are less bad, then less people will leave the warzones you are in.
+1
Theres a reason why people quit. Its due to muppets who are too stupid to focus on the objectives or keep an eye on the node/door so it gets capped in record time.

I will ALWAYS quit a wz if I see idiots at work.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

JackNader
07.06.2013 , 07:34 AM | #12
Please penalize players who join warzones with no concept of objectives, average 30k damage and play in first person mode. 1 month PvP ban would be sufficient.

Xanas
07.06.2013 , 08:10 AM | #13
Now ask yourself what you would like more:

1-Players can't leave (for different reasons like 15 mins ban on WS's) and so they sit in a corner "defending" something aka going AFK.

2-Allow players to leave.

From my POV its better for them to leave then go AFK in corner....

hallucigenocide
07.06.2013 , 08:30 AM | #14
penalties does'nt work..

Vant
07.06.2013 , 08:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
Now ask yourself what you would like more:

1-Players can't leave (for different reasons like 15 mins ban on WS's) and so they sit in a corner "defending" something aka going AFK.

2-Allow players to leave.

From my POV its better for them to leave then go AFK in corner....
Actually, I would prefer the 1st one, because then the person can only screw up 1 warzone instead of every single one they decide to quit in. And if they do decide to sit afk, that's what votekick is for.

Luckeyduckey
07.06.2013 , 08:42 AM | #16
Get rid of all bad players. Done.

Zohkar
07.06.2013 , 09:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Better yet, I want a "No Backfill" checkbox on my PvP menu so that I don't waste my time joining failure in progress.
I would check that box in a heartbeat. 1st by time I (personnally) load into a backfill I only have 15 seconds to get thru the door before I am auto kicked out of the match. And with the operative roll some teams steamroll thru places like voidstar giving the opponents roughly 2 minutes 30 seconds to repeat the same process. 1 lousy medal isn't going to give that backfill person a whole lot of commendations after sitting 15-20 minutes waiting for a 3 minute match.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Sarielle
07.06.2013 , 09:46 AM | #18
I just wish /ignore worked for PvP queues as well. Don't mind getting queued AGAINST people on my ignore list, but I shouldn't be queued WITH them.

If I am queued with someone who I know intentionally throws matches to troll -- letting the other team cap without resistance, mucking up chat with obviously false info like "No, only hold middle, we don't need sides!" while people are trying to strategize etc. -- then I will leave the match as soon as I load in and see them on my team.

I do despise people who drop at the first sign of trouble, but if /ignore worked for PvP the way it worked for PvE, I think there would be fewer leavers.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |

Helig
07.06.2013 , 10:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post
I just wish /ignore worked for PvP queues as well. Don't mind getting queued AGAINST people on my ignore list, but I shouldn't be queued WITH them.

If I am queued with someone who I know intentionally throws matches to troll -- letting the other team cap without resistance, mucking up chat with obviously false info like "No, only hold middle, we don't need sides!" while people are trying to strategize etc. -- then I will leave the match as soon as I load in and see them on my team.

I do despise people who drop at the first sign of trouble, but if /ignore worked for PvP the way it worked for PvE, I think there would be fewer leavers.
Yeah, I'd love to see /ignore work like it works in group finder. However, this could seriously mess up the queue system.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Sarielle
07.06.2013 , 10:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Yeah, I'd love to see /ignore work like it works in group finder. However, this could seriously mess up the queue system.
How could it mess it up any more than /ignore could mess up PvE queues? (I'm being serious, I'm genuinely curious why you think that.)
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |