Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We Need Clarification

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ratajack
07.05.2013 , 04:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
They always will here.
True, unless enough of us voice our opinions with our wallets. If BW loses enough subs over allowing people to BUY their way through the game, then maybe there is slim chance that they will rethink their policies.

LordArtemis
07.05.2013 , 04:18 PM | #22
I don't think it's a matter of a group "winning" or "losing".

One could say overall the move to a Cartel Market based system is a loss for traditionalists in MMOs...and I don't think that's an illogical statement at all.

But this really wasn't a contest IMO. In the contest where people threw insults back and forth at each other, no one turned out to be winners.

We all lose when that happens, because we could be posting suggestions on ways to improve the game. Instead, we bicker more often than not over hot button issues.

Ratajack
07.05.2013 , 04:18 PM | #23
No it's to disuade people from paying with credits and use CC instead, as it's less effort. Same with HK.
Except that with HK-51, you could not BUY the unlock. You still have to do the quest chain at least once to unlock him. In this case, the"have to have it now" crowd will just be able to throw money around and completely bypass the unlock requirement.

JimG
07.05.2013 , 04:18 PM | #24
There shouldn't even be a legacy level requirement then. The requirement should be on both options or neither option.

Ratajack
07.05.2013 , 04:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I don't think it's a matter of a group "winning" or "losing".

One could say overall the move to a Cartel Market based system is a loss for traditionalists in MMOs...and I don't think that's an illogical statement at all.

But this really wasn't a contest IMO. In the contest where people threw insults back and forth at each other, no one turned out to be winners.

We all lose when that happens, because we could be posting suggestions on ways to improve the game. Instead, we bicker more often than not over hot button issues.
Did the whiners of the "have to have it now" crowd ge their wish to be able to completely bypass the unlock requirement because they couldn't be bothered to actually wait and work for this new companion? Yes, they did.

Mevan
07.05.2013 , 04:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Except that with HK-51, you could not BUY the unlock. You still have to do the quest chain at least once to unlock him. In this case, the"have to have it now" crowd will just be able to throw money around and completely bypass the unlock requirement.
Yep, things are just getting worse.

LordArtemis
07.05.2013 , 04:24 PM | #27
Did the whiners of the "have to have it now" crowd ge their wish to be able to completely bypass the unlock requirement because they couldn't be bothered to actually wait and work for this new companion? Yes, they did.
First, they are not whiners any more than the crowd complaining against it. Don't throw stones.

Second, this decision was likely made long before the discussion, so I doubt the discussion had anything to do with the decision to offer it as a Cartel unlock. It has been SOP to do so lately, and this was likely no exception.

I agree it would be nice for subs to get thrown a bone now and again. Bickering over it accomplishes nothing however.

Ratajack
07.05.2013 , 04:24 PM | #28
Yep, things are just getting worse.
Which is why people need to vote with their wallets. If BW loses enough revenue from lost subs and the corresponding CM revenue from those subs, maybe the light bulb over their heads will come on.

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 04:26 PM | #29
Which is why people need to vote with their wallets. If BW loses enough revenue from lost subs and the corresponding CM revenue from those subs, maybe the light bulb over their heads will come on.
You don't really think people are going to unsub over this do you?

Chickensevil
07.05.2013 , 04:26 PM | #30
They are both a I want in now option, honestly... Unless you started the game 1 month ago most of us subs are 40 by defacto... So it is just a matter of do I want to spend real money or fake money. I am willing to bet that the legacy requirement is actually there to get MORE people to buy it off the CM. I am also willing to bet the companion was completely designed and intended for the CM and very likely they threw in the "buy for credits option" AFTER the fact. We will never likely know since we weren't there and they prolly won't tell us. But people complaining that the "I want it now crowd" won, is prolly solely mistaken... Since it was never a contest.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory