Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Contract Week

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

midianlord
07.06.2013 , 07:33 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ad-Astra View Post
Proof!! That BW and team do in fact listen to their customers.
I hate to brag, but I'm going too, this was originally my idea.
[...]
Hate to burst your bubble bru, but chronologically opportune-seeming correlation =/= causation. There have been many, many people asking for this for a long, long time.

I just hope that,

A) This is a step towards player-on-player bounties on the appropriate server-type (or even PvE servers for that "force-flagging" toolbag that's been annoying you of late, or the arse-hat who tries to keep spamming you with group and/or guild-invites and doesn't seem to get that you're not interested after the fifth auto-decline in a row! Gods, I hate those, it's why I have auto-decline on, OK?!!?).

B) That that disgusting, insipid, asinine, nauseating travesty of a cash-shop has absolutely nothing to do with this.

E:

Heavy Modified Blaster-Carbine is dual-wieldable! Yaaaaaaaay'z (/me kicks shoes off and does happy-dance)!!
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

Jorelle
07.06.2013 , 07:56 PM | #52
this is great, like OP said maybe this is one step closer to possible player bounties but still its great for this to let BHers actually do their job now. But what would be better is to have the BHers as their own faction to be hired by both factions and to introduce a new class to the empire side as well as same thing for the smugglers also. But i would like to see other classes experience their own versions like this too. But different of course.
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

AbsolutGrndZero
07.06.2013 , 07:58 PM | #53
This sounds so amazing! Will be cool for bounty hunter characters, but cool that it's open to everyone too... But, now bounty hunters no longer have to work JUST for the Empire, they can do work for whoever they want via these contracts
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

mitchelloliver
07.06.2013 , 08:51 PM | #54
Please please do this in a PVP format soon....
O'dyssius Marauder
O'd Sentinel

LadyDrusilla
07.06.2013 , 10:03 PM | #55
I can't tell you how much I love this idea.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

Mark_Kaine
07.07.2013 , 05:49 AM | #56
This is an excellent idea. Perhaps in the long run, assuming it goes well, it could become PVP of a sort with player's characters being able to fit in with their class roles. Some classes would make good guards for the target(s). Smugglers might be involved in trying to get the BH to one location or another with different advantages / disadvantages for the different locations from which to start the "stalk" of the target. Thanks for coming up with such a nice supportive concept.

Flintfire
07.07.2013 , 06:32 AM | #57
Time for my bounty hunter to get at it again.
Infyrno Lvl 60 Infyrnus Lvl 60
Leiptr Lvl 57 Venaticus Lvl 60
Slaughtor Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 57
Sleipe Lvl 55 Desolus Lvl 60

FatZomby
07.07.2013 , 11:42 AM | #58
After reading many of your posts, a pvp bounty board would indeed be awesome.

I see a few concerns though with it and those are:

1. Will it be abused?
2. Will there be a bolster in which to do them or will they be level restricted?
3. Will there be separate bounty boards? Such as the "Black List" or "Low End" bounty lists?
4. Logged off bounties? How can they be completed?
5. Besides rewards, will there be anything extra?

Possible answers...
1. I am sure that the GM's will find a way that it won't be abused. I think that they have done a decent job of fixing those kinds of things. Not perfect, but decent....

2. I personally think that neither bolster or level restricted should be implemented. But I do think that all relevant information should be given to the hunter. Ie: the level of the listed target, last known location, current location (when accepted), crime (or reason of bounty), how many other have attempted on the particular bounty, etc... should all be listed for those looking to find a bounty for them. If they find a bounty and wish to take on a higher level, then they must be smart about how to go about it.... You only get one chance to collect on a bounty! Your wits will have be extreme to win....

3. The "Black List" bounties should be separated from normal bounties depending on how many times the bounty has been attempted and failed. If a person defends themselves 10 times against other players, they may find themselves on the "Black List" where only those that have a high success rate at bounties can go and get. The bounty itself then goes up by x2 (of which is paid for by the person who set the bounty). Their could be multiple levels on the bounty board. I personally like to keep it somewhat simple.

4. Logged off bounties? Easy, their toon that the bounty has been placed on will always be there even if they are logged off. It is up to them to hire bodyguards (oooo! another possible feature....) This ensures that you are never safe even when you are sleeping. Although it may be a bit more difficult for someone to find you ensuring that there is some type of defense even for the absent bounty....

5. I hope that rewards are given sure enough outside of what's already out there. But what I would really like to see is a cutscene between the two players when they meet. That grandious scene of epic proportions when two big time characters meet! Now that would be simply awesome to throws wits at each other before the actual fight wouldn't it? Well provided that their would be a few different cutscenes though...otherwise it could be more of a hassle than anything....

Anyway, what ya all think? Any other ideas? Maybe the GM's will read this stuff and possibly bring more focus to stuff like this. "Sound off enough with normal replies and you will be heard" sounds like a good motto for getting something like this impemented!

DataBeaver
07.07.2013 , 04:25 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by FatZomby View Post
4. Logged off bounties? Easy, their toon that the bounty has been placed on will always be there even if they are logged off. It is up to them to hire bodyguards (oooo! another possible feature....) This ensures that you are never safe even when you are sleeping. Although it may be a bit more difficult for someone to find you ensuring that there is some type of defense even for the absent bounty....
What about logging out in the fleet or another non-combat area? Or your own spaceship? I suppose a space mission to hunt down such players would be sort of cool.

I've nothing against PvP bounties, but I hope that if they do come, they'll be opt-in on PvE servers.

Suntaru
07.08.2013 , 05:22 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
A couple of points in response to comments...

BW have said it is NOT exclusive to the Bounty Hunter class.

The article says once a month, so expect this to be recurring (hence don't worry if you're out of town. It's like the Gree, it'll be back).

And for people complaining about the wait, Gree will be back late July too and scaled up to 55 with new rewards.

And if you still don't have enough to do... do Voss Weeklies, I can never get a group, lol!
Actually it says a "Galactic Standard Month" How long is that?