Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear check For Group Finder, becoming a necessity.

LordArtemis
07.05.2013 , 06:07 PM | #21
This game is moving in a casual direction. If there ever was a time where a gear check system would have been prudent, that time has passed IMO.

Vote kick serves this purpose, abet not directly. A gear check mechanism is not casual friendly, and therefore would not be a good addition to the game IMO.

Ryluk_Shouja
07.05.2013 , 07:50 PM | #22
Average gear rating of 140. I would be happy. I may be in optimized 72s/69s, but I like running flashpoints and I do not mind running with undergeared or inexperienced players. It presents me with a challenge and an opportunity to make my guild look good for helping people out. However, there comes a point where it becomes ridiculous. You can faceroll HM 50s for easy gear. You can do dailies for better gear. You can spend planetary comms for passable mods. There are a lot of avenues to gearing up, and there really is no excuse for people to be running around in lvl44 blues. I personally kicked people like that when the level cap was 50, and instances now are even harder for sub-par gear. A relaxed gear check would be very nice...

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 06:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post

Vote kick serves this purpose, abet not directly. A gear check mechanism is not casual friendly, and therefore would not be a good addition to the game IMO.
In the case scenario I presented in the thread. I heavily doubt I could've vote kicked 3 people out of the pug, being myself the only ****er there with the required gear on.

JanosCorvinus
07.06.2013 , 06:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
hang on, I have a theory of what's going on here but I'd best double check it.

so basically.. in a 55 HM with me being the dps with 30k HP and full 66, with 2 odd 72 barrels ,and the others having 23k at most on 61 gear , 44 armorings, blue level 50 chest pieces,and green implants,

Are you, by any chance, deducting that i am the one in the wrong? and i should be the one getting (or asking) the kick? Because I kind of doubt of being able to systematically kicking out every other team member .

A guy being in the wrong for being 66+ geared in a 66 required Flashpoint with all the other players vastly undergeared, that is priceless.
I think what was mean was if you are correctly geared but the other three are not, ask them to vote kick you, since you cannot vote kick them and then you wont get the lock out for dropping the group. Not that you were wrong but as a was of avoiding the lock out when the situation is hopeless

annabethchase
07.06.2013 , 07:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KorathTheCool View Post
If gear check isn't doable, I would at least make the armor rating requirement easily visible. Right now you have to hover over the head of the flashpoint list, and read a small wall of text to find out what the armor rating is. Most people just starting have no idea this is even there. If they put in 55 Hard Mode Flashpoint (Armor Rating: xxx) right at the top, it might help out some.
People that conceptually understand armor rating don't go to 55's in 40 something blues. The selfish people we are talking about don't even understand what they are doing to the group and how other people's time is being wasted.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

SithKoriandr
07.06.2013 , 07:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
why?access to the 55 HMs (28 armors,mods,enhs,hilts,barrels) can be crafted or peeled off the GTN , without stabs, mass manipulation, or any of that fancy ops material required.

Why should I have my flashpoint ruined for people that can't be bothered to read requirements, or are deliberately ignoring them hoping that the rest of the team carries them through?
Why do you consider a failed FP ruined? Failing and trying again is part of the MMO playstyle.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Tachenko_Yuri
07.06.2013 , 07:20 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Why do you consider a failed FP ruined? Failing and trying again is part of the MMO playstyle.
Yeah not everybody has *Hours* of spare time to queue multiple times in GF as a dps.

Tends to be even more annoying if the FP failed because people

1)can't read requirements. ( don't know what requirements mean, and went "whatever" and queued anyway )

2)fail to read. ( didn't bother reading the requirements )

3)are deliberately not reading hoping that teams carry ppl throughout flashpoints. ( basically leeching. )

Unfortunately. one geared 66 guy with 2 odd 72 barrels ( me ) can't carry a whole majorly undergeared PUG through a 55 HM, no matter what cooldowns i pop, no matter how hard I try. so yes, my flashpoint fails, and back to the GF queue for another hour .

Same thing for asking to be kicked. Why should I go? you're ( the PUG ) the ones attempting to access content without the gear required ( not reccommended, REQUIRED ) for said content.

Roxas_kun
07.06.2013 , 07:21 AM | #28
There will always be that odd undergeared player, but that's no reason to be angry about the system.

You only ever need a good tank and good healer, and maybe a mediocre DPS to complete most HM's.

If you don't like what you get from Group Finder, don't use it.

When people hit 50, they'll usually queue for the HM's before gearing up first.

Besides, its always nice to do carries and teach the new 50's about end-game stuff.

Icebergy
07.06.2013 , 07:22 AM | #29
I am 100% in favor of having to meet a minimum gear requirement before you have the option to queue for Hard Modes. I think something like an average of Rakata or better would be fine, and the requirement should be a lot more relaxed or even not exist for regulars.

The Hard Modes should be greyed out with a message like 'you must have better gear to complete this content' so that people know.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Hxxr
07.06.2013 , 08:01 AM | #30
Three things that come to mind:

1 - Being callous, ignorant and rude is not tha same as being a casual gamer.

2 - Just as well the gear requirements are false, even epic level 50 gear can do the job if you play well. 44 greens and blues are unacceptable though.

3 - I que with always at least one guild mate.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.