Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Took my revenge on a PuG yesterday. Was I wrong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Took my revenge on a PuG yesterday. Was I wrong?

ToMyMa
07.05.2013 , 10:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Maybe you were one of the guys in mid from the original post?
Usually I play objectives (yes, usually ), but today I tried to be DPS huderrrrring as much as I could

islander
07.05.2013 , 11:33 AM | #12
I personally hate it when people do this, and I'm actually trying (in an obvious loss scenario). I'd rather have you quit.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarthOvertone
07.05.2013 , 11:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KamujinKravshera View Post
I sit in stealth and watch them lose 3 capped. My guildy was not happy about what I did, but I feel quite good about it. Am I wrong?
It's Regz. Nothing in Regz matters. Do whatever the h*ll you want.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - The Ebon Hawk/Harbinger
SWTOR 3.0+: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Raansu
07.05.2013 , 11:46 AM | #14
I probably would of done the same thing. Pugs wanna act like scrubs then they can lose like scrubs. Enjoy the 3 cap where you have nowhere safe to hide to farm medals when you finally decide to "give up" on mid. Maybe next time they will pay attention to the chat and reinforce the nodes that have been captured.

Banderal
07.05.2013 , 01:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Usually I play objectives (yes, usually ), but today I tried to be DPS huderrrrring as much as I could
Well, I was only sort of 1/2 joking. I mean, if you decide your team is bad and then don't do objectives, and then someone else decides the team must be bad because no one is doing objectives... it's sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy. But, ya, I understand the urge sometimes to just say, "oh h-e-double-toothpick with it" when it seems like the rest of the team just doesn't know or care what the point of the warzone is (especially noticeable in huttball).

Personally, I'll keep trying to at least do *something* as long as either - 1. one other person is also trying and we can team up (even if it's kinda pointless). Or 2. I feel like I can solo-survive long enough to practice something pvp-ish that I should be practicing - maybe even practicing how to stay alive a long time against multiple opponents (since I often solo guard the off-node). But if I'm the only one trying, and the other team just roflstomps me as soon as I leave the spawn area - then yeah, I'll go stand and do nothing with the rest of the crew.
Flintstones, BrerRabbit, Guns'n'Roses, Leaps'n'bounds,
Jetsons, Cry'MeAnOcean, Craven'loft
- Harbringer

<s-key to victory> because scoring backwards in Huttball is more fun

Nightkin
07.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #16
I would let the bastard cap, then join with my characters from my other faction and humiliate the dps hunters at mid every time i saw them x)

Warshades
07.05.2013 , 02:21 PM | #17
might i ask when you lost mid? from what i read it sounds like you would have had the lead regardless. since it was 1/1 then 2/0 then 1/1 then you gave them 0/2 and by the end of match 0/3

By this you threw the match just cause people didnt respond. they may had the edge in mid and thought they were going to cap while the sniper was getting hit. And since mid was still contested thought it better.

In which case even if mid didnt get capped you coulda still won the match without double capping again since you shoulda had the lead.

Now do I agree with their strategy? No, because I prefer holding the side turrets. But that strategy is going to need to change soon when the side speeders are taken away. Holding mid will be much more important, though not an absolute.

So imo, you shoulda been booted from the WZ for douchery, while the others shoulda been booted for poor game play and not responding.

Put it this way. Enemy probably had 6 bads aswell, so the other teams 2 good players beat you and the sniper in fair 2v2 manner. b/c you gave up!
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

anwg
07.05.2013 , 03:29 PM | #18
Your guildie didn't rotate either, so obviously it's the pugger's fault.

And since you seemed to be ahead, there's no point at all to try and get grass in the first place.

ToMyMa
07.05.2013 , 03:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
I would let the bastard cap, then join with my characters from my other faction and humiliate the dps hunters at mid every time i saw them x)
Great to see another forum warrior awaken! Pistols might have been the only one for a long time... But we have returned!

DarthBloodloss
07.05.2013 , 03:59 PM | #20
I personally think that was kind of silly. I don't care how bad my team sucks, I'm not getting 3-capped if I can help it. I'll find the least defended node....take it back, and camp for medals.

By letting them have the 3rd node, you got even with your lame team but also screwed yourself. That's the only reason why I disagree. I would be thinking "how dare you try and three cap with me right here" and proceed to use every single cooldown I have in attempt to put the greedy Mara in his place.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS