Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

Ycoga
07.04.2013 , 02:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
A lot of people said on the PTS forums that sniper was ridiculous. The PTS apparently isn't for actual testing. It's apparently for looking for bugs.
Is this post trying to be amusingly ironic?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Technohic
07.04.2013 , 07:59 AM | #12
I wouldn't say I have seen a huge influx at 50. I do see 1 or 2 per team, usually just 1; every match, and that is an increase as I would say you didn't always see 1 before 2.0; but hardly enough to write home about. Actually last night had another on my team, and that was Pistols, who I think has always had one, and while I was on my gunslinger, I have had a sniper since launch; I'm just trying to main on the Pub side now.

Luckeyduckey
07.04.2013 , 08:18 AM | #13
Your team is bad. Who cares if snipers are FOTM if they're going to be that bad. Same with inquisitors. People choose bad classes/specs to FOTM

SlightlySychotic
07.04.2013 , 11:18 AM | #14
If I recall correctly, they were getting to be pretty popular before 2.0. In fact, I distinctly remember someone in my group mentioning that they were the flavor of the month a week or two before RotHC went live.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Qaoz
07.04.2013 , 12:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
On a positive note the death of the rage jug was nice
Since when?

Joined a Warzone with two Smashers and two cross-healing Operatives. Good game.
If only I'd hit spacebar more often...

Philelectric
07.04.2013 , 01:31 PM | #16
I was in a WZ (post 2.0) with 4-5 troopers on my team and 6-7 BH on the other team once. According to the logic of the op, troopers and BH are the new flavor of the month.
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Crujido
07.04.2013 , 02:45 PM | #17
DPS in that WZ is low haha.
Snipers are fine, don't let them freecast.
CyE GwAzI: The GwAzI Kamakazi Uzi
[GB]: VoX: Black Ops & Gears of War(2)
Level 50 Vindicator/Force Mystic/Scrapper
MLG Rank: 41581

stupidsyrup
07.04.2013 , 03:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.
Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

http://tinypic.com/r/205oxg1/5
Hey! It's me down at the bottom lolololol. It's what I get for guarding.
But seriously that was a RIDICULOUS WZ yesterday. I've had mine since before 2.0 and was sad to see my class being played so poorly.

I voted for the Pyro PT for being a nonconformist.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Forsaked
07.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #19
While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.
Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

Nahh, Sorcs are the new FOTM... again!

Proof
Forsaked | Rewarder | Retarder | Outbreaked | Subliminal
Scoundrel | Sage | Vanguard | Gunslinger | Shadow

Gunslinger Hybrid-Spec 42/44/44

chimex
07.05.2013 , 04:52 PM | #20

But you appear to be one of them..........
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>