Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

HoboWithAStick
07.03.2013 , 06:47 PM | #1
While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.
Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

http://tinypic.com/r/205oxg1/5

Frankenseuss
07.03.2013 , 07:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.
Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

Still better than world of Warcraft

TheCourier-
07.03.2013 , 07:07 PM | #3
A lot of people said on the PTS forums that sniper was ridiculous. The PTS apparently isn't for actual testing. It's apparently for looking for bugs.

islander
07.03.2013 , 07:12 PM | #4

1) Not level 55 warzones - snipers are fairly OP during leveling.
2) you have no idea if that 300k was fluff damage (read, dots). Lethality does nice one on one damage with properly used cull+ TD, but make no mistake, a good chunk of their damage comes from dot procs that can be healed through by geared healers at 55.
3) The rest of your team sucks. those are embarassing numbers for dps in a 30-54.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Gnurgle
07.03.2013 , 07:19 PM | #5
Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. http://tinypic.com/r/205oxg1/5
this part was accurate, everything else was fluff
should I link the SS of full inquisitors?
It doesn't matter

Mookind
07.03.2013 , 07:31 PM | #6
Yes you're a genius for seeing what we all saw coming............................................ .........................................

On a positive note the death of the rage jug was nice

Ashuranrx
07.03.2013 , 07:47 PM | #7
In the 55 bracket, unless you are a top elite Sniper, you are cannon fodder. well, maybe not cannon fodder, but definitely not ownage by faceroll.

Zoom_VI
07.03.2013 , 08:10 PM | #8
Snipers really?
Then why do every one if my 55 wz seem to have at least three sins in them?
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Zunayson
07.03.2013 , 08:12 PM | #9
Snipers are easymode. We all saw it coming. I saw it coming in 1.2 when I went from a barren Hoth to LITERALLY three other snipers in the area to which I spawned.

I already had a sniper at this point of course, because I'm hipster like that.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Godlymuppet
07.04.2013 , 02:08 AM | #10

Erm, that that shows 7 agents, that is not the same as 7 snipers. Let me think what's that healer class that is overpowered at the moment, I'd expect to see lots of them levelling. Then add to that that many people level as Dps then spec heals at 55 and I suspect most of that 7 were operatives.

In level 55 wz they never became the fotm class that was expected ( they were always popular pre level cap ). I never see more than 2 on a side, quite often none at all. The cover system puts a lot off during levelling.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo