Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Kaggath Returns!


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.19.2013 , 03:15 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
If anything, I'm the odd one out.

I'm the only one without Crushingly large Military forces... Though I do have Malachor and Saleucami :/

I'm not really sure how to feel about my faction's chances here, there's a LOT on Malachor that I simply Didn't bring up last debate, and I'm starting to think it should be banned due to how OP it is....
The lack of a military could bite you in the hind-quarters, but I see it as you not presenting a large enough threat.

But what do you have on Malachor that you didn't bring up? We discussed everything I can think of, so what else is there?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.19.2013 , 03:19 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The lack of a military could bite you in the hind-quarters, but I see it as you not presenting a large enough threat.

But what do you have on Malachor that you didn't bring up? We discussed everything I can think of, so what else is there?
Well, I felt no need to mention it... Due to Vader and Traya's abilities with Force Drain, but basically, You cannot land Non-Force users on Malachor, they go Insane. You cannot land Light Sider's on Malachor, they fall to the Dark Side, and you cannot land weak force users on malachor... Because they too, go insane...

Again, not much, it was going to come down to a Vader vs Traya anyway...

Not presenting a large enough threat could only come in handy in a 4v4

The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.19.2013 , 03:25 PM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Well, I felt no need to mention it... Due to Vader and Traya's abilities with Force Drain, but basically, You cannot land Non-Force users on Malachor, they go Insane. You cannot land Light Sider's on Malachor, they fall to the Dark Side, and you cannot land weak force users on malachor... Because they too, go insane...

Again, not much, it was going to come down to a Vader vs Traya anyway...

Not presenting a large enough threat could only come in handy in a 4v4

Oh right. That was my favorite argument from Revan vs. Traya.

Anyway, I'm thinking we are going for a 4v4, so plan your strategies around that.

@Beni, I move that the Loser's 4v4 be the first match.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.19.2013 , 03:34 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Oh right. That was my favorite argument from Revan vs. Traya.

Anyway, I'm thinking we are going for a 4v4, so plan your strategies around that.

@Beni, I move that the Loser's 4v4 be the first match.
Indeed.

Not being considered a threat would be fantastic, because that way I can quite sneakily stay out of it, Have Saleucami and Raxus producing troops unopposed.... Glorious.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.19.2013 , 03:36 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Indeed.

Not being considered a threat would be fantastic, because that way I can quite sneakily stay out of it, Have Saleucami and Raxus producing troops unopposed.... Glorious.
I hope I get the same fortune. Though I don't think Garm would go for it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.19.2013 , 03:42 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I hope I get the same fortune. Though I don't think Garm would go for it.
Ahh, the glories of having Darth Traya.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.19.2013 , 03:50 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ahh, the glories of having Darth Traya.
Yeah. Well, we'll see how that strategy works out for you.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
09.19.2013 , 03:51 PM | #638
I'm not a supporter of 4v4 not because of the concept, but the execution.

If there are four people all arguing against each other, for different factions that they are personally connected to, no one is ever going to agree on anything. The four will be supporting their own faction and no one else's. Which means that there will be very few "swing-votes" if you will, non-combatant poster that back a side. This will either a. leave each faction with only one or two supports or b. focus all outside support on one of the factions. Either way, it's extremely hard to be the only one arguing for your faction, as several people here can attest.

Long story short, I feel like a 4v4 would be a lot more stressful and a lot more work for everyone. We'd all (potentially) have less support, and Beni will have to be even more involved than he usually is to resolve issues that no one will be able to agree on when there are four different takes on it.

Let's not even talk about the plotting and scheming that would go on where debaters would back an opponent's argument just to gang up on a larger threat. For example, if one debater presents an invalid strategy to take down another, the other two (currently not involved) parties will jump in and agree/support the argument just to eliminate their competition.

I'm not sure 4v4 is a good idea, for our companionship at least.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.19.2013 , 04:26 PM | #639
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm not a supporter of 4v4 not because of the concept, but the execution.
Agree, more, Yoda could not
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
09.19.2013 , 08:03 PM | #640
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Well, I felt no need to mention it... Due to Vader and Traya's abilities with Force Drain, but basically, You cannot land Non-Force users on Malachor, they go Insane. You cannot land Light Sider's on Malachor, they fall to the Dark Side, and you cannot land weak force users on malachor... Because they too, go insane...

How well would it do against nuclear bombardment or Base Delta Zero tactics?

Btw, I have a neat little surprise for anyone I face regarding some info I recently read about my faction
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murderedůand surviving."
-Darth Caedus