Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Kaggath Returns!

Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
IMPORTANT: THE KAGGATH TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN - FACTION MAKING IS CLOSED.

ďNo game of dejarik can be one without pawns...Ē

Many months have passed since the Kaggath Tournament came to a close. But I promised that in the distant future, it would return... that time has come. Behold! The Kaggath Tournament - Series 2! In the original series I would pit the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other. But this time you choose the power base, you decide who will lead, who will follow, and what strongholds they will preside over.

The number of factions involved will likely vary, but for now at least six spaces need to be filled, with a maximum of 12 possible spaces. This will operate on a first come, first served basis. But do not post your factions below; to avoid an influx of offers and to maintain a level of secrecy Iíve decided to opt for a private message based system. If you are interested, please do post your interest below (this does not guarantee a place), but once your faction is finalised, send it to me via PM. Iíll try to get as many people involved as possible, but note that not everybody is guaranteed a place - excluding the King and Queen of the Kaggath, Aurbere and Warren-Stride, who have reserved places.

Note that I shall periodically update this thread to anonymously list taken leaders, units and planets.

Once your faction has been submitted, it becomes autonomous Ė you do not have any direct control over its actions. It operates as any normal Kaggath combatant would, with actions being determined by the nature of its leadership etc. You are however allowed to debate for your faction until the bitter end. Iím hoping that this will allow those who arenít able to commit themselves to a large undertaking to participate. As long as you are able to participate in a regular Kaggath you are welcome to join, however you must be available over the majority of the next couple of months. And of course everyone else is welcome to join in the debate even if they have not submitted a faction.

Leadership: leadership selections must correspond to their respective positions within the Star Was universe i.e. Heads of State must have held the position of ĎHead of Stateí or equivalent at some point. Also note that Allies (of which you may have two) cannot have held the position of Head of State or Second-in-Command within Star Wars mythos. Also note that you may have no more than two Force users in your leadership. And in congruence with previous Kaggath installments, if your Head of State is killed your faction loses.

Military: you have two options here, you can either opt for a single Major Ground Force which must consist of a sizable army of some kind e.g. Zann Consortium Army, Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, etc. or two Minor Ground Forces which must consist of a sect, clan, militia or other minor organisation e.g. Death Watch, Nightsisters etc. and can consist of no more than appox. 10,000 members. Naval Forces operate in the same manner, you can either opt for a single Major Naval Force i.e. a navy or two Minor Naval Forces i.e a pair of fleets. Also note that selected armies do not encompass other forces affiliated with them such as the Jedi Order or the Sith. You may also not have a naval and army force from the same organisation.

Planets: Each faction can have a maximum of five planets. Each planet must have a designated role and all roles must be filled by at least one planet. Some roles can be affixed to multiple planets, see the list below for details.

Planet Types:

Capital: Max 1
Supply Base: Max 1
Stronghold/Military Base: Max 2
Shipyards: Max 2

Certain units will require certain planets to be used. Your Supplier will require a Supply Base planet owned by that supplier e.g. MandalMotors would require Mandalore. Your Secondary Ground Force will also require a planet that they are affiliated with e.g. Death Watch would require Concordia. Note that a single planet can cover multiple units e.g. Korriban would provide a Supply Base for Czerka but also allow for the use of Revanís Sith forces.

IMPORTANT: Several units and leaders will not be permitted in this Kaggath, to ensure fair debate. If you feel any of these bans are unjustified, or feel more should be added, please post below. The list is as follows:

Leadership: Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Sith Emperor, Darth Caedus, Galen Marek, Thrawn.

Military: Imperial Military*, Yuuzhan Vong, GAR and CIS Droid Army.

Planets: The Maw, The Redoubt and any other system which are incredibly difficult to reach.

*this encompasses all incarnations of Imperial militaries.

However you are allowed to take a portion of those military units that are not permitted i.e. a legion or fleet.

Example: Revanís Sith Empire

Leadership
Head of State: Darth Revan
Second-in-Command: Darth Malak
Allies: Admiral Saul Karath & Calo Nord
Supplier: Czerka Corporation

Military
Major Ground Force: Revanís Sith Army
or
Minor Ground Force: Sith Assassins
Minor Ground Force: Dark Jedi

Naval Force: Revanís Sith Navy

Planets
Capital: Lehon
Supply Base: Korriban
Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V
Shipyards: Corellia
Shipyards: Rendili

Tips:

Donít feel you need to pick the biggest and the baddest. If the Kaggath is any indicator, smaller, wilier and more evasive opponents can often outmanoeuvre larger foes.

Donít be afraid to pick units from earlier eraís, standard Kaggath rules will apply so technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time).

Try to make your faction mesh well i.e. pick a supplier that complements your ground and/or naval forces, choose planets strategically and think about how your units will work together.

Be creative!

If you have any further questions please post below.

Let the faction making commence!

Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 11:51 AM | #2
Units Taken:

Leadership

Head of State: Mon Mothma, Tenel Ka Djo, Leia Organa Solo, G0-T0, Jagged Fel, Darth Malgus, Darth Traya.
Second-in-Command: Garm Bel Iblis, Nek Bwauítu, ROTJ Luke Skywalker, Guri, Darth Vader, General Grievous.
Allies: Plo Koon, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jaina Solo, Venku Skirata, IG-88, Wedge Antilles, Bastila Shan, Kir Kanos, Aurra Sing, Durge, Asajj Ventress, HK-01, Cronal.
Supplier: Techno Union, MandalMotors, Hapes Consortium, The Exchange, InterGalactic Banking Clan, Commerce Guild, Santhe/Sienar Technologies.

Military:

Major Ground Force: Rebel Alliance Army.
Minor Ground Force: HK-50 Army, Mando Cabure, Massassi Warriors, 501st Legion, Imperial Knights, 212th Legion, Trade Federation Army, Terror Units, Sith Warriors, Shadow Trooper Legion, Sith Assassins.
Naval Force: Death Squadron, Galactic Alliance Navy, Zann Consortium Navy, Thrawn's Fleet, Mandalorian Navy, Black Sun Navy, Open Circle Fleet, Malgus' Stealth Fleet, Revan's Sith Navy, Fel Empire Navy.

Planets:

Esseles, Anaxes, Brentaal, Bothawui, Mandalore, Arkania, Nar Shaddaa, Muunilist, Ralltir, Coruscant, Rendilli, Kamino, Dathomir, Kuat, Bilbringi, Carida, Geonosis, Coreilla, Telos IV, Hapes, Mon Calamari, Raxus Prime, Ziost, Korriban, Lianna, Raxus Secundus, Mykr, Bastion, Yaga Minor, Malachor V, Mygeeto, Saleucami, Droumund Kaas, Yavin 4.

Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 12:08 PM | #3
Disappointed that I can't have Thrawn, but my application is submitted.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
07.02.2013 , 12:24 PM | #4
Well this sounds like a much better way to do the "Dream Team".

I've been kinda out of town without my security key so I couldn't log in and voice my support but NOW I can. I'm all in! Got room for me Beni? I'll PM you my list soon.
"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideasóbut we can certainly kill you."

Mandalore the Destroyer

Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 12:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Disappointed that I can't have Thrawn, but my application is submitted.
I know, but with factions being autonomous, Thrawn would wipe the floor with everyone.

And I've received your application and replied. Nice list!

marcelo_sdk
07.02.2013 , 12:28 PM | #6
People from War of the Dream Teams, let's try using our current choices, so we can start this quickly.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Well this sounds like a much better way to do the "Dream Team".

I've been kinda out of town without my security key so I couldn't log in and voice my support but NOW I can. I'm all in! Got room for me Beni? I'll PM you my list soon.
Of course! So far we have one space filled.

Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 12:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I know, but with factions being autonomous, Thrawn would wipe the floor with everyone.

And I've received your application and replied. Nice list!
Of course. It's fine. I picked two suitable tacticians. They won't replace him, but they should be fine.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
07.02.2013 , 12:45 PM | #9
Due to some issues, I had to cancel my account and only have a set number of days left. Unless I can get my new card before it runs out so...though are we creating entirely new teams here or using our existing ones?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 12:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Due to some issues, I had to cancel my account and only have a set number of days left. Unless I can get my new card before it runs out so...though are we creating entirely new teams here or using our existing ones?
Well obviously teams from War of the Dream teams are not going to be entirely compatible. But of course their is not harm making a similar group of units. As long as you follow the rules its largely up to you.

And the Kaggath likely won't be starting for a little while. So as long as your avaliable some time over the next couple of months their shouldn't be a problem.