Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your experience with F2P players?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Your experience with F2P players?

PlasmaJohn
06.29.2013 , 07:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CKHelseth View Post
Bioware has already said that subscribers buy more CCs than F2P do. So yeah the person is wrong. F2P didn't "save" the game. Subscribers did.
It should have. A functional F2P model recognizes that a certain segment of players do not want to commit to playing every day or week. When your 50 cents a day turns into $5, $10, $15 then you really question the value.

EA has admitted they cannot maintain enough subscribers. Depending on auxiliary sales to subs is not a sustainable model especially since EA seems to be trying to squeeze as much blood from the CM as it can get. You can fry all of your chickens, but don't expect any more eggs.

IMO, the balance of what goes into game vs. what is only made available for CC's is way out of whack. The CM gets constant updates while crafting and exclusive vendors (Security Key, Collector's Edition) get squat. Gamble boxes are a necessary evil, but the desirable items should also be available for direct sales. Not sure why it's a big surprise that subs are feeling abused.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Tachenko_Yuri
06.29.2013 , 08:29 AM | #12
Kids needing on everything in the first flashpoints available ( easily recognizable by the lack of sprint )

As I subber I still got to wait a few times because of servers full. And we all know that subber and preferred numbers don't make up for full server

Gonna have to say... bad.

johnduane
06.29.2013 , 09:44 AM | #13
Have to say - BAD

Don't know the game very well, seem uninterested in learning it. Need roll on everything. I will NOT allow F2P in my guild. Transient players who will move onto something else shiny in a short time.
-sig coming soon™

auroroavalor
06.29.2013 , 09:44 AM | #14
I've had one bad experience with a F2P that was the players fault, they needed on an item in a hammer station that wasnt for their class, the player apologized, and I'm sorry this ninja loot F2P stuff is rubbish, if you're running a FP with F2P people then the drops are at most worth 11-14 planetary comms for mods which is what you get for completeing the FP anyway. Sprint, not having sprint at low levels is annoying, guiding an irl mate through the starting worlds when they're F2P and move so slowly....

F2P is not a bad thing

and all F2P players are not ninja looters, stuff happens move on.

SawneyRath
06.29.2013 , 10:15 AM | #15
I haven't had too many bad experiences with F2P Players. Many I have encountered are just using F2P as a trial until they decide if they want to play. Most have been rather mature and decent.

Of course I've had some bad encounters. One guy was just spamming Tython about how bad the F2P restrictions were and how we should all stop playing.

Another kept needing on every piece of loot in an FP.

So I suppose it is a mixture. Just depends on the person behind the character.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

gorstram
06.29.2013 , 10:16 AM | #16
I would say I've had about a 60% positive experience with F2P Players. The other 40% are various levels of crappy gamers, need-bombing jerks, and trolls that don't have to worry about getting banned since they can just create a new account and level another toon.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

evidlante
06.29.2013 , 10:23 AM | #17
F2P players are no different from subs besides the fact they don't pay a monthly fee. There is no reason to treat them differently.

Jeweledleah
06.29.2013 , 11:01 AM | #18
while I had dealt with ninja looters, that sometimes were f2p (how can I tell? no sprint in early flashpoints) I've also dealt with subscriber ninjas. my main issue with f2p players was actually due to restrictions. grouped with one while leveling my marauder, had to remove sprint because I kept outrunning him, so in general it took us a little more time to get to places then if he were subscriber/preferred. otherwise, very nice grouping experience. similar experiences later one, when I'd have to dismount (because constant moving, then stopping to wait annoys me more than just plain running) worst part is the trade restriction in flashpoints. its a punishment to subscribers as much as to f2p players.

in short. most of my bad experiences were restriction related, not player related. so I would really love it if restrictions that affect the rest of the player base at least were removed (keep the title, color match etc - but no trading is just.. too much)

Andryah
06.29.2013 , 11:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by bannsider View Post
Yup, hit the nail on the head. We subsidize 90% of the free to play players who play the game without spending a penny. Subs have always been the core of this game band its subs paying most the cash in the coins shop..... and Bioware know it.

My experience of FTP is that too much content is put into the market and not enough into the base game and as a sub (who has spent quite a lot on buying additional coins, im not against the existence of the market) this annoys me. Im very much in the camp that believes BW do not do enough to rewards subscribers.
1) you pulled the 90% number out of somewhere... but it's not a place most people would care to know about.
2) the thread topic is about F2P players NOT the F2P business model. You are hijacking the OPs rant in favor of your own.

On topic.. my experience with F2P players as been really no different then the subscribers/Preferred. You get all types of people and opinions in a large population of varied demographics. Personally, I have seen some known subscribers in this game that make some of the worst in the F2P segment look like angels.

These types of threads are divisive and hate based and are inappropriate IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

ApostleThirst
06.29.2013 , 11:34 AM | #20
I was F2P once. Does this make me a bad person?