Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Launcher has stopped working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Launcher has stopped working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdamisBombis
07.06.2013 , 01:07 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWaldiPL View Post
http://bigtorrent.org/engine/download.php?id=325199 <---- Here is link for Full 2.2.1 Client do hash check, download what u must and all be fine
Thanks for this, it worked for me. I ran out of patience for an official fix.....

wowskyrim
07.09.2013 , 01:14 AM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by volcomOrg View Post
I'm half thinking of quitting the game completely. After two years of loyal gaming on this and tonnes of hard work, I've been given a 50mb download that has completely destroyed my enjoyment of this game.

I mean, if there are 56 pages of a thread worth of people, how did this issue not arise when you were coding/testing the release of this launcher? And if it did, how come nobody went to fix it?

I've had over a week of not being able to play now and hope to be compensated handsomely for it but that's quite a large hope from the customer service I've been receiving.

Additionally, I've called tech support (the US line mind you and I'm in Canada considering there isn't a Canadian line anymore) and was told that I would receive an email with a better/further explanation of the issue. Have I gotten anything? Hell no.

So now I go through their "fix" of deleting that file and removing the patch files and I get to sit here watching it try to repair 15 files (with no progress bar) and download what I assume must be gigabytes worth of data that I can't be bothered to download.

So like I said, I'd consider staying with the game if I were compensated but right now it seems as though my swtor days are over due to terrible customer service.

Thanks bioware, it was fun-ish while it lasted.
I agree with the part of wasting game time for there issue. I solved this issue on my own without there help and it was horrible. two days to re-install this game because of constant error codes. I think they could at least give us something for wasting my game time. Money isn't something to just spend for nothing
Darth Revan is the true dark lord of the sith!!!

Lord-Seath
07.09.2013 , 06:31 AM | #593
is anyone else afraid that the file, that is causing us all this trouble, remains broken and will now crash the patch coming tomorrow, for everyone?

Mjollnir
07.09.2013 , 09:11 AM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Seath View Post
is anyone else afraid that the file, that is causing us all this trouble, remains broken and will now crash the patch coming tomorrow, for everyone?
I have no doubt I will be missing a few more days of gameplay trying to patch the game again.

Seeing as they can't give a proper response here, I doubt they have done anything to fix the launcher either.

volcomOrg
07.10.2013 , 04:41 PM | #595
So now the new patch caused this issue with me installing english assets 121 and crashed at 15%...

I called customer service, was transferred after a considerable amount of time talking to the guy despite immediately asking to be escalated, and then was put on hold with the escalation department, BEFORE their closing mind you, and received no answer after a half an hour of waiting.

Tomorrow I shall call again, hopefully actually get through to the escalation people and I will be cancelling my subscription (up in August) and hopefully retaining a refund for the remaining time I have left on it.

Thanks for the horrible experience, you will not see another dime of my money, which is sad because I really enjoyed this game for a while.

sixteenletters
07.10.2013 , 09:15 PM | #596
has anyone successfully patched the new 2.3? Mine stalled at main files 121 at 1%. Im completely reinstalling.

Bussahot
07.10.2013 , 10:03 PM | #597
game patched.. but launcher not working then i came in and Theres NO SERVERS on the list
SWG IGN Niria-Orowin
SERVER STARSIDER
Mexican Player
CE VIP MEMBER

dakodasmith
07.23.2013 , 12:49 PM | #598
Quote: Originally Posted by sixteenletters View Post
has anyone successfully patched the new 2.3? Mine stalled at main files 121 at 1%. Im completely reinstalling.
Same. Mine freezes at, Installing Assets 123 2%

Karawing
07.24.2013 , 07:42 AM | #599
im on windows xp

Mashimo
07.24.2013 , 03:16 PM | #600
This is still an issue.

Followed the steps submitted and I'm still getting stuck, in fact it's not even going into repair anymore atm.

Please release a patch override of some sorts with a fix built in. Paying customers should not have to start deleting files in hopes to try and fix something.