Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicking, where do YOU draw the line?

Mossesman
06.23.2013 , 09:34 AM | #11
Did an Eternity Vault SM once, and one of our DPS, a Vanguard, came specced in Tank stance. This wasnt really much of a problem until we got to the 4th boss (the Dread Council), and the guy couldnt DPS his one down fast enough. We asked him to respec to DPS for this fight, and he and his friend (another DPS), both starting raging at the rest of the group for trying to tell them how to play there classes.

We kicked them both, got two decent replacements, last two bosses when down easily.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Kenj
06.24.2013 , 11:59 PM | #12
For my low level alts:
In the Hammer, Athiss, Mando, Cad flashpoints I had a trend when I was healing that every time I queued I'd find myself with a DPS that thought they could tank. I usually got lucky if I healed when I was at the bare minimum level and gear to get a good tank, but when I got these fake tanks I usually was geared well enough to scrape by if I wanted the challenge. That being said I'd try to strike up a conversation with the various tanks.

"Do you have your tank stance/cell?"
"I'm getting hit by these mobs a lot, could you guard me?"
"Could you please attack more then one mob?"
and lastly one of these
"Do you speak English" or "Do you read chat"

If I didn't get a response at all I started a vote kick. Any snide-remark I'd get, or other remark that conveyed a sense of entitlement and I'd vote kick. If I could heal it and they fessed up I'd just let them have their fun and enjoy a bit of a challenge. The same applied when a tank couldn't keep aggro well, or lost it to a DPS, if someone made me think they weren't entitled or and didn't try the 'I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it' stance I'd just ignore it. At those levels there's a lot of leeway and not much cost to a death so most groups seem to just ignore it.

Ninja looting usually gets a vote kick, seen more then a few get vote kicked between final boss and the actual mission complete flag. When people actually try to defend that it's their right to get every piece of loot and they did nothing but DPS the whole run it's annoying to say the least.

For my Endgame Characters:
If you aren't the right role you're as good as dead usually, so vote kick comes quick and hard, and sometimes before I even see if a DPS can tank, or heal, the latter being far more uncommon to actually see a single heal where there are tanks who can make due in nearly every fight when they're a dps in some way or form.

Ninja-looting gets you out and on my ignore list. Being a semi-fail to full fail player and winning all the loot in a run might get you kicked, but that one's more a personal issue given in early game I'll laugh it off with everyone else if it's an honest mistake. Obviously that one varies from role to role, player case to player case.

ronniehenlau
06.25.2013 , 12:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gloomycakes View Post
Wrongly specced (or wrong stance + refusing to change it, changing it back etc.)
I'll politely tell them, and see if they respec. If they respec, I leave them in. If they dont, votekick.
Ninja's
Instant votekick. I never accept anyone ninjalooting, period. If someone needs something that isnt for their class / advanced class (example, marauder needing on jugg armor (not moddable)), ****. This is something that annoys me to such an extent that if the rest of the group doesnt votekick, I leave the group and let them find a new tank or healer.
Rude behaviour
Rude people are really annoying. I never votekick them tho. If they ask 'SPACEBAR PLZ', I usually tell them they are derps, then /ignore.
The weakest link
I never votekick the weakest link. Ever. Unless he falls under the first point (wrong spec). Everyone has been there. Most people just need some help. This is what group finder is for.

zzoorrzz
06.25.2013 , 01:00 AM | #14
I'd be willing to kick people in all 4 cases u mentioned, just in the first case, I wouldn't probably even notice wrong spec if it wasn't some obvious major problem causing multiple wipes.

But I have 2 principles that I follow - I always give people second chance and I always ask them to leave on their own before kicking them.

JouerTue
06.25.2013 , 01:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
I'd be willing to kick people in all 4 cases u mentioned, just in the first case, I wouldn't probably even notice wrong spec if it wasn't some obvious major problem causing multiple wipes.

But I have 2 principles that I follow - I always give people second chance and I always ask them to leave on their own before kicking them.
i use kicks even in those cases when we agree that we are not going to clear the content..so the guy can queue immediatly.

for wrong spec/gear/stance i always ask if they can respec or switch..i usually don't mind if we have to skip bonus boss in 55hm and the rest of the content is doable easily with a tank geared guy..just switch stance/cell

ninja
no mercy, 100% of the times i've seen people asking if they could need for comp/alts they had affirmative answers so if you ignore decence you deserve your kick, or not responding to chat.

about rude people they usually rage quit..

pan_sObak
06.25.2013 , 04:14 AM | #16
Wrongly specced

if it do not lead to wipe - it's their problem
but i rather give an advice if i see that case

if we wipe because of that - tell them once, tell them twice
then replace

Ninja's
the most irritating
ask if it may be a fat fingers or just a mistake

if not - kick them right to the moon!

Rude behaviour
same here - you should behave yourself

The weakest link
never kick
except people refuse to learn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

haliy
06.25.2013 , 02:09 PM | #17
I Was que'd into an "Already in Progress" HM Hammer Station the other day with my commando healer and as soon as I entered, I get a tell from one of the dps "good luck with this tank" I notice the tank fully buffed sitting at 22k hp... So I inspected the tank as any one else with that kind of tell would do...

Now before I go on, the tank was a guardian tank. I am in a full white Gree set with full 69 mods.

Earpeice, Implants, Wrist, & Relics were Strength based DPS.
Head, chest, waist, gloves, legs, boots ... ... Willpower based tanking

The first thing that came out was "I am not moving to heal you till you can answer me a couple questions"
  1. Why are you using a shadow tanking set? - no response
  2. Have you tanked these before? - no response
  3. Can you see what I am typing in chat? - no response

Must have spent the last 10 minutes typing those type of questions and sending tells to one of the other dps in the group which happened to be in the same guild as the tank asking if they could see what i was typing. I get a tell from the dps saying they can not see anything in chat from someone they do not know.

5 more minutes go on and a message comes from the tank in an emote type saying "Some people should stop trying to tell others what they should do or how to play and just because they are wearing a full Gree set does not make their gear any better than anybody else".

I was in the process of setting to kick the tank when the tank decided to leave and the dps which was in the same guild followed shortly after. I ended up asking the other dps in the group and guildies that were on what does wearing a full gree set have anything to do with knowing what your main stat is and how to gear your character at lvl 55?

Someone from above must have been looking down at us that day because as soon as we qued up for replacements, they showed up within 10 seconds and had no issues after that.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Ocho-Quatro
06.25.2013 , 02:39 PM | #18
That reminds me of the pug sorcerer healer I had in a HM Eternity Vault one day, who had more HP than our tank, thanks to his full set of Fortitude Augments, not to mention his 2x Survivor Implants, Survivor Earpiece, full set of Force Wielder armorings/hilt..... and a slew of DEFENSE mods. When the tank in our group questioned him on his choice of gearing, he got quite upset and told the tank to mind his own business and to go do his job. Needless to say, he died on the last set of platform jumps, and instead of rezzing him, I just solo-healed the rest of the fight.

As a result of this player... it is commonplace in our guild nowadays for people to yell out at the beginning of a fight "GO SORC TANK GO!!!!!!!"

(It's our own little version of Leroy Jenkins.)
<Fortitude> / <Republic Gentlemen>
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Darksaberexile
06.25.2013 , 04:23 PM | #19
The only time I've initiated a vote-kick was in Cademinu HM. Started the run with two other guild members and just pugging a dps. Everything went fine until we got to the bonus boss. Then, for no discernible reason, the pug (a sorc dps) starts spamming dark heal and consumption repeatedly, not casting any attacks. At this point, our healer gets annoyed and asks what he's doing and telling him to dps. Instead, he continues to use dark heal and consumption (and at used Force Barrier for the full duration).

I voted to get rid of him as soon as the fight ended, still no idea why he opted to do that.
Astinic level 55 sniper, Canderous Ordo server (now Jedi Covenant)

Kufuffelupagus
06.25.2013 , 07:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
That reminds me of the pug sorcerer healer I had in a HM Eternity Vault one day, who had more HP than our tank ... As a result of this player... it is commonplace in our guild nowadays for people to yell out at the beginning of a fight "GO SORC TANK GO!!!!!!!"

(It's our own little version of Leroy Jenkins.)
Brilliant! This and some other funny stories here should totally go in the "The weird people you meet in group finder" thread.

To stay on topic:

Wrongly specc'd: It annoys me but I will only initiate or vote to kick if the flashpoint is impossible to do with them. As in, either they re-pec and we still wipe, or they refuse to re-spec or change stance.

Ninjas: it personally only matters to me in Endgame content when I need the gear- it's harder to come by than lowbie stuff (I have Cybertech and hoard Planetary Comms). If it happens then and they don't give a good reason why and don't make it right, I will leave or vote to kick. I won't give them another chance.

Rude behaviour: My biggest peeve. If it's one member, I will vote to kick them. If it's two or the whole group I'll leave but not before I've put them on /ignore.
Usually if the whole group's rude it's an indicator that you may be the problem, but I have had it happen to me once before in a lowbie flashpoint- the DPS would jump into the fray straight away without ever healing themselves or letting me get my Force back (I was healing). After I asked them to, they TOLD me it was my JOB to keep them healed. I tried pointing out that it's possible in end game, but not with a level 22 Seer. They laughed me off so I waited until they had pulled the first boss to /ignore and leave.

The weakest link: I love to teach and help others so I won't initiate a vote. If they're a reasonable person and we really can't finish with them, they'll usually leave anyway. I'll always try to help first as long as they're willing to try.