Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

marcelo_sdk
06.30.2013 , 06:43 PM | #681
All disagreements put aside, I think the list is ok too.

Beniboybling
07.01.2013 , 05:04 AM | #682
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I would say you could probably streamline Vitiate's name, he was known historically as Emperor Vitiate, as seen in Darth Plagueis, then again I also think it is said in Book of Sith, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Though I will say I am not entirely happy with this list, but it's a very good one nonetheless.
OK, I'll make that change.

I also think that Plagueis should be placed above Marek. Marek certainly has better Force potential but he did not fully achieve it, while Plagueis achieved his full potential.

However I think that's as far as Marek should fall, having the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever places him a good distance above Vader. Whereas I feel Jaina and Vader are almost equally matched.

LadyKulvax
07.01.2013 , 06:01 AM | #683
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

I also think that Plagueis should be placed above Marek. Marek certainly has better Force potential but he did not fully achieve it, while Plagueis achieved his full potential.

However I think that's as far as Marek should fall, having the potential to be the most powerful Force user ever places him a good distance above Vader. Whereas I feel Jaina and Vader are almost equally matched.
I would agree with that, I do believe Plagueis should be placed above him.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
07.01.2013 , 10:01 AM | #684
OK I think we can pretty much wrap this up. Well done everyone! Now onto The REAL Most Powerful Jedi!

Wolfninjajedi
07.01.2013 , 10:03 AM | #685

Vader had the same potential still ya know Beni, only thing that held him back was his mental state. So why is it not fair to include that for Vader? Galen died and he didn't reach his potential either.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
07.01.2013 , 10:07 AM | #686
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Vader had the same potential still ya know Beni, only thing that held him back was his mental state. So why is it not fair to include that for Vader? Galen died and he didn't reach his potential either.
I'm not counting potential. Galen's potential is superior to Plagueis but because he never reached it, Plagueis surpasses him. Though Plagueis seems generally stronger.

Wolfninjajedi
07.01.2013 , 10:09 AM | #687
I'm not counting potential. Galen's potential is superior to Plagueis but because he never reached it, Plagueis surpasses him. Though Plagueis seems generally stronger.
Wait so then why did you keep saying "Galen had the potential to be the strongest Force User ever?" kept looking like you were still including that. Also that is another thing, if Vader can will himself back to life(by your saying he used The Force) and become a Force Ghost without any knowledge of such...whereas Galen didn't do anything nearly like this, shouldn't that say that Vader is more powerful then him?

Beniboybling
07.01.2013 , 10:28 AM | #688
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Wait so then why did you keep saying "Galen had the potential to be the strongest Force User ever?" kept looking like you were still including that. Also that is another thing, if Vader can will himself back to life(by your saying he used The Force) and become a Force Ghost without any knowledge of such...whereas Galen didn't do anything nearly like this, shouldn't that say that Vader is more powerful then him?
OK I see what your saying now. But I have gone over this, I think Galen achieved more of his potential than Vader.
...I'm merely highlighting that fact that Marek, possessing the potential of the most powerful force user ever, should be placed highly on the list. Even if he did not achieve that potential, even a portion of such ability is immense.

To explain further, if Marek had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, that means his Force ability must have been close to that of the Chosen One. Anakin himself by the age of 22 had already become one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and Luke Skywalker after only 4 years of training became powerful enough to fight toe-to-toe with Vader.

However in both cases they were limited by their Jedi training which encouraged a steady learning curve. Marek was not limited by that, he received incredibly intensive Sith training from a young age and because of that came into his prime far sooner, embracing the dark side broke down any kind of boundaries Jedi training might have given. And if all it took for ROTJ Luke to defeat Vader completely and utterly was giving into the darkside, then I can see no reason why Marek, of a similar age and Force potential, would not surpass Vader also - bearing in mind that unlike Luke he had been immersed in the darkside from day one. Which makes up for Luke having a greater affinity.

Really, after 10 more years I reckon Marek would have fulfilled his potential. This seems to be the standard. Which means he achieved at least two thirds of his potential, potential which would have made him considerably more powerful than Sidious. I mean, if 'most powerful Force user ever' did translate into the affinity of the Chosen One, that would mean (given that Anakin could have been 60% more powerful than the Emperor) a third of Marek's potential would have made him equal to the Emperor's power, if not a little more powerful. So even by assuming 'most powerful Force user ever' does not mean Chosen One affinity, he must possess at least between 85-90% of the Emperor's power.
And I covered the other point as well too. Simply put while Vader may have a deeper understanding of the dark side and a wider range of abilities because of it, that does not imply he has a greater command over the Force. Galen may be unrefined, but he still possesses a great deal of raw power. Because of that I make sure only to compare feats that both parties can wield, else Galen could simply trump Vader with Force lightning.

Wolfninjajedi
07.01.2013 , 10:48 AM | #689
Edit: Ya know what, just forget it. Fine just keep it like that then.

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 06:12 AM | #690
I'm not sure if everyone previously involved in this series is subscribed to the home thread. But I'm quite eager for some opinions and discussion on what I feel is one of few things that need to be addressed.

Jaina vs Vader - who is more powerful?

I feel if a comparison were to be made, Vader would come out of more powerful. But I don't want to make this change without some support/consensus on the matter. This is a community thread after all.

And I'd really like to get started on lightsaber duelists.