Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
06.19.2013 , 05:07 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The Hero of Tython (yes that's his name) is canon. He is mentioned in the SWTOR Encyclopedia as an in-universe character. He is canon.

The Sith Emperor is also canon, EVERYONE who appears in SWTOR is C-Canon.
So your saying his parents gave him/her the name hero of tython. Are you really this dumb ?????

You know i give up on you guys. Guess there is a reason why certain gamers is not the smartest people out there.
Quote Adam Sandler from SNL .... I HAVE STUPID IN STEREO.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.19.2013 , 05:11 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
So your saying his parents gave him/her the name hero of tython. Are you really this dumb ?????

You know i give up on you guys. Guess there is a reason why certain gamers is not the smartest people out there.
Quote Adam Sandler from SNL .... I HAVE STUPID IN STEREO.
Please, calm down, insulting everybody on the forums will not get you anywhere and makes you come across as rather idiotic and immature and really does nothing for your argument. The Hero of Tython was a title given to him by the Jedi, it is one of his names.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
06.19.2013 , 05:47 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No because it has no story.

C-Canon encompasses games as well as comics and books, SWTOR is a game, the story in SWTOR is therefore C-Canon. It is part of the Expanded Universe.

And please, stop swearing. Its just immature.

EDIT:

C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

Everything written in Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia is also canon. The Hero of Tython and the Sith Emperor appears in this book. In fact, in the Book of Sith Sidious complies several Sith texts - one of these is a journal of Darth Malgus. And in Darth Plagueis (an EU novel) Plagueis makes note that the Sith Emperor was the only one to achieve immortality - further solidifying his position in canon.

Furthermore, the Revan novel makes reference to the Hero of Tython - Scourge sees him in a vision.

To refute these events as non-canon I'm afraid is invalid. They are part of the Expanded Universe.

Anyway don't bother replying. I've already made a mental note to ignore your future replies in this thread and any other threads in the future. And I'm sure everyone else will adopt a similar policy. Good day.
that last bit I would like to say easy beni on while he may be wrong in this case we are all human and we all make mistakes he has the ability to learn from these mistakes and become better for it as we all do every one has the capacity for betterment and to slight some one for a simple rage and mistake for the rest of their days is far to harsh they can still become better for it. This is why I came to these forums to both learn about this fictional universe that I love as well as bring my own knowledge and information and view point to the debates allowing others to learn as I learn. We can all still better ourselves lets not shut ourselves off from him he may still learn.

Mekkanon's Avatar


Mekkanon
06.19.2013 , 06:12 AM | #214
Quote:
above, according to G-Canon are the most powerful Jedi and Sith respectively and Luke Skywalker the most powerful Force user who has himself defeated Darth Sidious at the pinnacle of his power in post-ROTJ.
Lucas says he is the most powerful Jedi Knight.
Being a force user is not the same as being a Jedi/Sith
What exactly are we ranking?

Midichloran Count?
Actual achievements?
Force skills (if so which force skills rank higher?)
Who could beat who?
Force potential?
Lightsabre Prowess?
Force Knowledge?
Naturally attained power or power through ritual?

Most of the discussions in this topic bring forward different levels of appreciation in each of the above.
To me the most powerfull Force user (not sith or jedi) Is Vitate.
While hed probably lose to Yoda. Luke and Sideous etc in single combat.
His Rituals gave him the potential to be the strongest force being ever.
However these rituals were learned and are not inherent strenght. So others will probably disagree.

Whatever people find the most important factor in combination with percieved strenght and weaknesses will make this topic highly debatble.
Id propose you first set outlines of what you want to define, followed by decisive factors.

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
06.19.2013 , 06:39 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Mekkanon View Post
Lucas says he is the most powerful Jedi Knight.
Being a force user is not the same as being a Jedi/Sith
What exactly are we ranking?

Midichloran Count?
Actual achievements?
Force skills (if so which force skills rank higher?)
Who could beat who?
Force potential?
Lightsabre Prowess?
Force Knowledge?
Naturally attained power or power through ritual?

Most of the discussions in this topic bring forward different levels of appreciation in each of the above.
To me the most powerfull Force user (not sith or jedi) Is Vitate.
While hed probably lose to Yoda. Luke and Sideous etc in single combat.
His Rituals gave him the potential to be the strongest force being ever.
However these rituals were learned and are not inherent strenght. So others will probably disagree.

Whatever people find the most important factor in combination with percieved strenght and weaknesses will make this topic highly debatble.
Id propose you first set outlines of what you want to define, followed by decisive factors.
According to Lucas Luke Skywalker is greatest Jedi Master ever (as grandmaster of the new order), Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine) is greatest Sith Ever, also Luke is more powerful and more skilled in the Force than Sidious. In this Lucas's opinion is still the deciding factor, so unless a stronger non-Jedi non-sith force user turns up, then Luke is strongest force user ever.

For actual achievements Luke learned every lightside technique available while rebuilding the Jedi order, he also learned numerous darkside techniques during "Dark Empire" novels. He inherited his fathers potential, and unlike Vader he actual fulfilled it, becoming immensely powerful. During the events of several novels, he displayed complete mastery of the lightsaber, even weilding it in area's with no force present (due to tree parasites that pushed away the force(read Thrawn series)), like Sidious he learned every lightsaber style possible as well, and perfected those styles.

Sidious learned every Darkside Technique available, which was probably all darkside techniques ever (Plageus novel), also learned every lightsaber style/technique. From the novels he was also immensely powerful, but in various novels we know that if Anakin/Vader had fulfilled his potential he would have been stronger than Sidious (Luke did fulfil same potential). Sidious demonstrates in the books numerous force abilities, including battle meditation (Luke only used this a few times, while the real Jedi master of the Technique is Leia (who is officially recognised as a Jedi by Luke's pupils)), force lightning, mind reading, and prophecy.

I'm avoiding "who could beat who" and "natural strength in the force versus force ritual", as these complicate matters, and are usually down to relative strengths at some point in time, which needlessly complicate matters.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.19.2013 , 06:44 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
that last bit I would like to say easy beni on while he may be wrong in this case we are all human and we all make mistakes he has the ability to learn from these mistakes and become better for it as we all do every one has the capacity for betterment and to slight some one for a simple rage and mistake for the rest of their days is far to harsh they can still become better for it. This is why I came to these forums to both learn about this fictional universe that I love as well as bring my own knowledge and information and view point to the debates allowing others to learn as I learn. We can all still better ourselves lets not shut ourselves off from him he may still learn.
I here you, but some behavior is just unacceptable. And this isn't the only thread its taking place on. Yes everyone has their moments, but this is just downright rude. I can't see him changing anytime soon and I'd fully expect any future comments made by him to be of the same kind and attitude. If they are I will simply ignore them, because its not worth my time. Maybe he'll see the light, but I can't see it happening anytime soon and I'm not prepared to engage with him on this level if he continues to act in this way, all I'm saying.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
06.19.2013 , 06:56 AM | #217
No excuse for the insulting language, but you have to love someone calling people stupid when he can't comprehend noun/verb agreement.

Beni, Aurbere... Wondering if you guys have contemplated Jaina Solo in these rankings. She's getting pretty powerful based on her exploits in the novels.

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
06.19.2013 , 06:59 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post


Anyway don't bother replying. I've already made a mental note to ignore your future replies in this thread and any other threads in the future. And I'm sure everyone else will adopt a similar policy. Good day.
[/COLOR]
Cry me a river ignorant fool. Maybe tetris lore is more for you, Tell you what, why dont you show up
on a star wars convention and talk about these things so people can laugh straight in your face
I never ever try to reason with a fool who clearly dont understand basic logic withing a universe were lucasfilm
have laid dow the law, only to have some forum nobody like you try and make up canon.
Your a fool and a dumb one. Report me all you like, you will still be dumb and clueless on star wars facts
when it comes to lore and canon, to put it this way, when no brainers on a gaming forum actually goes against the word of george lucas himself in various topics that just prove how beyond braindead some of you are.
This mean these people are so retarded they would tell george lucas to his face-

*No what your saying is wrong George, Vitiate is more powerful because i think he is George, and everyone
around looks upon you as a complete moron smiles and goes away leaving the braindead moron alone*

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.19.2013 , 07:01 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Beni, Aurbere... Wondering if you guys have contemplated Jaina Solo in these rankings. She's getting pretty powerful based on her exploits in the novels.
I don't think Jaina cuts it. I mean I'm just going off what Wookieepedia says but I'm not seeing anything special. It only describes her as 'strong in the Force' and in general she seems just an above average Force user.

I'm also aware that in her duel with Caedus, Luke was aiding her by distracting him.

But again, I'm no expert on post-ROTJ so you'll have to enlighten me.

marcelo_sdk's Avatar


marcelo_sdk
06.19.2013 , 08:10 AM | #220
I don't understand why no one is talking about Revan. He is one of the greates Jedi ever. I really don't understand why people hs this absurd notion that everybody from Rise of the Empire era and beyond, is extremely more powerful than people from the Old Republic Era.

You say you are taking Wookieepedia as the base for the arguments, so let's see what it says about Revan:

Quote:
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
Kreia, talking to Meetra Surik about Revan's power

Quote:
At the height of his powers after he had recovered his lost memories, Revan was able to channel both the light and dark sides simultaneously, and as a result Revan could unleash the Force in its purest form by opening himself to both sides of the Force in battle.
Quote:
Revan was capable of absorbing and redirecting energy, as he did when he absorbed Darth Nyriss's storm of Force lightning with his bare hands and channeled it through his own body before redirecting it against her and burning her to ash.
Quote:
Despite the immense strength of the Sith Emperor's will, Revan and Malak's own mental strength enabled them to partially free themselves from his mental control, and Revan spent several centuries influencing the Emperor and pacifying his desire to attack the Republic.