Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why not have live online support for all issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
why not have live online support for all issues

UNITONETWENTY
06.14.2013 , 02:52 PM | #1
I don't know if this has been covered or not but I don't see why when you forget your password or something of that nature you should have to call bioware over the phone. why can't it just be done over the internet as well as the phone. It would be much more convenient.

Rankyn
06.14.2013 , 05:04 PM | #2
It's an account security measure.

UNITONETWENTY
06.16.2013 , 03:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
It's an account security measure.
Well that to me is not being specific enough, and besides that Xbox live has an online support chat as do others such as Paypal. And this can also be for subscription issues as well and payments gone wrong. The last point I would make is that if you live in certain countries, than the call you have to make would be an international one which could end up being quite expensive especially if you have to call more than once or have to wait on the line for extended periods.

OwenBrooks
06.16.2013 , 03:13 AM | #4
Fully Agree

Only suggestion I have is if you do need to phone use VOIP

Cost for me in Australia depending on provider is 60 cents an Hour (pennytel) to $1.80 per hour (Skype)

Icestar
06.16.2013 , 03:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by UNITONETWENTY View Post
I don't know if this has been covered or not but I don't see why when you forget your password or something of that nature you should have to call bioware over the phone. why can't it just be done over the internet as well as the phone. It would be much more convenient.
If you forget your password, you reset it.

No call is needed for that, not when I changed it.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

OwenBrooks
06.16.2013 , 04:04 AM | #6
This is true - if anyone ever needs to reset password here is the link - https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

UNITONETWENTY
06.16.2013 , 04:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
If you forget your password, you reset it.

No call is needed for that, not when I changed it.
Yes yes of course but if you lose your secret questions or in my case could not remember them then you have no choice in this matter but to make a phone call.