Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

e_nk_ay
06.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #1
BioWare -

If you delay a patch to buff an operation/fix bugs, please ensure that the fights are actually tuned. With a raid comp of 2 Marauders, 1 Merc, 1 Sniper (all pulling 2400-2600 DPS), we are hitting a hard enrage on Kelsara around ~40% HP.

Our guild has cleared NiM TFB on PTS, cleared all your HM raids the week upon release, and are fully capable players. The fights damage/healing requirements/etc are fine, but the ENRAGE TIMER is impossible with our current gear (full Underworld). I appreciate making the encounters more difficult, but you need to tune these fights.

Healers would have to pull 1.7k DPS in order to beat the current enrage timer, but that's impossible given the healing requirements on this fight.

Below please watch a VOD of what I am referring to:

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/2415629
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

bigheadbrandon
06.12.2013 , 02:16 PM | #2
wayyyy overtuned as posted in the tracking thread

Krazy_Karl
06.12.2013 , 02:20 PM | #3
The Gray Order can confirm this bug. We did not test on the PTS however immediately upon seeing the enrage timer on Dread Guards, and the DPS parses, we deemed this fight mathematically impossible given the current gear level.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

namesaretough
06.12.2013 , 02:25 PM | #4
How much damage are your guys doing, compared to what you calculated is required?

Jerba
06.12.2013 , 02:25 PM | #5
Well, we asked for a challenge and we got it.

The patch has been out for barely four hours, only European guilds and a few morning US guilds have tried it so far. One guild got it down to 80%, you got it down to 40% and I am sure there are guilds that will be able to get it down to 10-20%. By the way, in P1 healing does not seem as intense, so you may try to have your healers DPS a little bit then.

In any case, it is way too early to call for a hotfix nerf, before more guilds have spent a few raiding nights on it. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Krazy_Karl
06.12.2013 , 02:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Well, we asked for a challenge and we got it.

The patch has been out for barely four hours, only European guilds and a few morning US guilds have tried it so far. One guild got it down to 80%, you got it down to 40% and I am sure there are guilds that will be able to get it down to 10-20%. By the way, in P1 healing does not seem as intense, so you may try to have your healers DPS a little bit then.

In any case, it is way too early to call for a hotfix nerf, before more guilds have spent a few raiding nights on it. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
You haven't experienced it, so you have no idea or basis for these comments.

The guilds who have attempted it are top tier in the world. And simply put, the difference in percentages for various attempts are irrelevant. It is easy to calculate the DPS required to beat the enrage timer. As it stands right now, our assessment is based on what is MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE given the current gearing.

Regards,
KK

Mission_dj
06.12.2013 , 02:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
By the way, in P1 healing does not seem as intense, so you may try to have your healers DPS a little bit then.
I disagree. We run, and always have run, with a Scoundrel and Commando. The healing required is ridiculous without a sage healer, almost not doable.

Shandellon
06.12.2013 , 02:37 PM | #8
Lol, when its easy you complain and when its finally difficults, you complain as well?
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

iSythe
06.12.2013 , 02:41 PM | #9
So, from what I can tell, 3-4 top 10 guilds have already attempted this boss, including my guild(Ewok). Everyone is in consensus that this boss is over tuned. We decided a few hours of sleep was better than banging our heads against a wall for a few hours of wipes in the wee hours of the morning after already attempting them for a few hours.

Krazy_Karl
06.12.2013 , 02:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Lol, when its easy you complain and when its finally difficults, you complain as well?
You need to work on your reading comprehension. Difficult is not the same as impossible. Let me break this down for you as to what we wanted:

Difficult = good.

Impossible = bad.

Regards,
KK