Did Luke really force choke?

Aralt

Watch this clip from about 20 seconds in

Based off of were the gamorreans grabbed at, their neck, you would think he did.

But look at his hand, It looks more like he is pointing at them.

Now lets look at what can cause a person to grab their throat, choking (duh), and if you are trained, you know how to punch someone in the throat without killing them, it will still make it hard for them to breath, but they would be near useless.

Lets look at some other things, Luke is not the kind of guy to kill just because two pigs are in his way; In his way might I add to make a peaceful deal with Jabba. Also didn't Yoda tell him in 5 that a Jedi only uses his power for defense, never attack. I am sure they never attacked him, just did what normal guards would do.

Side note: whenever Vader force choked episodes 3-5 he always had his hand in a choking form, and they choked until he let go (except that one scene from 5, but we don't see his hands)

Luke only pointed at them for a second.

What do you guys think?

Did GL put that in (as well as Lukes dark outfit) to show that he was struggling with the darkside?

Also if he did why didn't yoda or obi-one warn him he was already going down the path of the darkside?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He force choked them, his hand is clearly curved. But in his defense, they are so fat, there ws no chance of doing in lasting harm with that little amount of choking. Plus Gammoreans are so stupid that force(physical type here) is the only way to reason with them, so aside from force pushing them out of the way, a force choke was good here.

he force chokes and kills them. If you look they grab their throats then you see the one go limp.

As for the other poster it doesn't matter if they are fat or not the force does not descriminate.

My theory is that when they were making the movies they didn't really put thought into light side and dark side abilites all of that stuff as well as the jedi code and such came after the original triollogy just like calling Jedi aprentices Padawans and Jedi Robes.

Thats one that bothers me Jedi robes. If you watch A new Hope Obi Wan is wearing the same robes that the other humans on Tatoine are wearing as they are desert farming clothes.

But some where some thought it would be smart to say they were jedi robes because natrually someone who is hiding out from the empire would still wear the uniform of the Jedi.

Edited by jarjarloves

Thats one that bothers me Jedi robes. If you watch A new Hope Obi Wan is wearing the same robes that the other humans on Tatoine are wearing as they are desert farming clothes.

But some where some thought it would be smart to say they were jedi robes because natrually someone who is hiding out from the empire would still wear the uniform of the Jedi.

The Jedi actual wore those robes BECAUSE common folk wore them

The Jedi actual wore those robes BECAUSE common folk wore them

then they are not jedi robes.

That's like saying Undercover cops wearing street clothes are actually wearing Cop clothes

Of course remember in Episode 1 they say they are wearing "jedi robes" and you're dressed like a Jedi

edit:

also Luke never strugles with the Darkside. He has that little moment in Empire but it's not like he has ever sought power. He has always done the right thing.

Edited by jarjarloves

then they are not jedi robes.

That's like saying Undercover cops wearing street clothes are actually wearing Cop clothes

Of course remember in Episode 1 they say they are wearing "jedi robes" and you're dressed like a Jedi

edit:

also Luke never strugles with the Darkside. He has that little moment in Empire but it's not like he has ever sought power. He has always done the right thing.

Luke does turn in the EU canon comic, he becomes palatines apprentice and then is redeemed by leia.

This used to bother me too, but a friend explained it pretty well for me, if I may...

The jedi are basically monks, and so they dont have a uniform per ce they just wear plain brown robes, which is also what poor people wear, which is what most of the people on Tat were. so you can see why clothing change isnt appropirate. Its really the sith who wear royal clothing to show there power and attunment with the force, jedi are much simpler.

Yes they are. Dark Empire is C Canon. The only thing that isn't canon is the infinite series. Anything with the infinite label is non canon.

True but even then C-canon is still the 3rd one down the list and anything that contradicts movies tv offiical novilizatoins and what GL says is no longer canon.

It might have been that he just did it as basically a strangle hold to knock them out, but I have always seen it as a straight choke and kill. Luke may have come with a "peaceful" intention to start, but he was ready for a fight. After all, he did tell Jabba "You can either profit by this... or be destroyed! It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers."

I don't think the poor Gamorreans made it.

True but even then C-canon is still the 3rd one down the list and anything that contradicts movies tv offiical novilizatoins and what GL says is no longer canon.

Canon is still canon.

Palpatine clone turns Luke to the dark side, briefly, before he is redeemed by his friends. These events take place after the defeat of the true Emperor.

Yes but nothing contradicted Dark Empire. So it's Canon. As for Ferkles. The Clone is the same Palpatine. He essence transferred into the clone bodies. The clone is the original. The body isn't but the mind/"soul" is.

Edited by Rhyltran

C-canon (continuity canon) is still canon, as long as it does not contradict the higher-ranking canon.

S-canon can be questionable but only N-canon is outright not canon.

Edited by Ramell

Luke becomes the most powerful Jedi to ever exist. I think it's pretty cool that he doesn't even need to make a force choke gesture... just brush his hand and voila, job done. That's what I call ****** :p

In a sense, it shows how much powerful the guy has become... dark too :)

I submit this is what happened. The pigs misunderstood the hand gesture and luke just went with it.

That or ignoring the link above could it be maybe it was more of like 'force kung fu" hitting the trachea and causing the person to be unable to breathe from the hit. hand could still be cupped but the force does all the damage.

I watched the clip and it looks at first that Luke is going to do a Jedi-mindtrick but it turns out to be a force choke. He then uses a jedi-mindtrick on Jabba's helper.

So maybe these Gamorreans are immune to jedi-mindtricks. Luke probably wanted to get as close to Jabba before he could really do anything about it, so needed a solution which wouldnt cause to much commotion.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But this game is C-Canon along with everyother game, besides eh, TFU(Because it was produced by Lucas). Actually, Game Novelizations are equally canon to regular EU books.

Movies

TV

Game Novels/Reg EU Novels

Thats how the list goes... I think.