Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC Transfers & Guild Bank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
APAC Transfers & Guild Bank

Greywatcher
06.06.2013 , 10:32 AM | #11
I must say I am glad I am not the only one.

I believed that if there were to be any changes to how the transfers were done they would have updated the FAQs before they started so was confident that disbanding our guilds on Dalborra and submitting a ticket was a safe option as they would have informed us before transfers opened right?

How stupid do I feel now -_-

All that hard work (we had 5 rep side, 4 imp side) thrown into the bin because I had confidence in what I was doing, I spent weeks before asking questions on the forum, submitted a ticket asking to confirm it and dug through crap loads of posts before coming to the conclusion that those June 2012 FAQs must be correct as they haven't changed then or said anything to make me doubt what I was doing.
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

Gidrea
06.06.2013 , 12:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TimVickey View Post
This is not accurate. When NA servers were merged, guild leaders had to re-purchase guild banks. Guild leaders also had to add as much to inventory to transfer manually. BioWare compensated guild leaders the cost of purchasing guild bank tabs on the departing server, but did not create them on the new server.
That is correct, it was done this way. And they can do this again, it just seems that they don't want to.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Tarurelm
06.06.2013 , 01:22 PM | #13
I have an unused guild with 2 tabs on the Harbinger with only my alt in the guild if a guild wants it for free.
Delusions of Grandeur@ The Harbinger

-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh

SonOfSega
06.06.2013 , 03:29 PM | #14
The fact that you can't transfer guild stuff and the poor ping for people in remote places is the reason why players will be leaving this game.

My guild was talking about these issue all night many are going to leave. I have gone from 40ms ping to 145ms (which is ok but only because I have good internet in my area) while others have gone from 60ms to 600ms making pvp unplayable and pve very difficult.

I guess EA / Bioware are will to sacrifice us.. They wont listen to us.

Allowing other servers to transfer guild stuff and not us is another clue to suggest that we are talking to thin air on these issues.
APAC - Bastion
Gyax 55 - Shartwi 53
Cptn'Zauis 55

Kemra
06.06.2013 , 04:48 PM | #15
This isn't good enough, the FAQ wasn't updated before we transferred, last time I checked business's are required to stand by their established policies, its not the customers fault if they fail to announce any changes. Keep submitting tickets guys, I know I will be, every time I get the reply it can't be done another ticket will go in. My Co-GM worked his butt off farming credits to get us 6 tabs, I'm damned if I'll let him be screwed over on this.
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

DiamondDove
06.06.2013 , 05:21 PM | #16
You could try contacting Australian Consumer Affairs to discuss the lack of updated information and the impact that has had on your product purchase. I am no expert in this area, but according to ABC's Checkout program, we are protected by Australian Consumer Law even when an international company makes us agree to them operating under different law. Apparently since we are Australian customers, we are protected by Australian law, regardless of where the company is based. How much can actually be done to assist may be another matter entirely.

There have been previous threads where this type of discussion has just lead to flaming and trolling - that wont help anyone.

What might help is if someone who has been affected by misinformation contacts Consumer Affairs with a well-thought out summary of how the product is no longer performing as advertised or performing differently from the provided information. Unless you get a MMO junkie staff member they probably wont understand anything about ping or guild banks, but they might understand about hours and funds invested in the software to create virtual items for use within the game - items which are no longer available due to the software company's misinformation.

It would then be really good if the advice from Consumer Affairs could be posted here so we have some facts and not pure speculation.

Good luck - my guild is waiting for the forced merge, hopefully we will not be in the same situation in 2 months time.

Lelleyuk
06.06.2013 , 05:53 PM | #17
I'd just like to know why I can't transfer any of my characters off the Dalborra Realm at all? It is offering me free transfers to the Red Eclipse realm where the rest of my characters are, main ones anyway. I follow all the instructions to the letter, it says they are eligible for transfer to the Red Eclipse, I press the 'Start Transfer' button, a green notice appears at the top of the page telling me my characters are in the server qeue, I receive an email telling me the transfer process has started then ....... nothing. I go back to my account page and it says all transfers have failed, listing each character by name as failed, even those above lvl 10.

Bugs in this game are becoming monotomous and if it ISN'T a bug and the ONLY realm I can transfer to is the Harbinger when the merger goes ahead, then why offer a free transfer to a different realm? By the way, just to test it out I tried to transfer a single character to Harbinger and THAT failed as well! You've got one cheesed off player here Bioware and I would really like an answer as to either what is going on or what am I doing wrong?

Lelleyuk
06.06.2013 , 06:00 PM | #18
I'd just like to know why I can't transfer any of my characters off the Dalborra Realm at all? It is offering me free transfers to the Red Eclipse realm where the rest of my characters are, main ones anyway. I follow all the instructions to the letter, it says they are eligible for transfer to the Red Eclipse, I press the 'Start Transfer' button, a green notice appears at the top of the page telling me my characters are in the server qeue, I receive an email telling me the transfer process has started then ....... nothing. I go back to my account page and it says all transfers have failed, listing each character by name as failed, even those above lvl 10.

Bugs in this game are becoming monotomous and if it ISN'T a bug and the ONLY realm I can transfer to is the Harbinger when the merger goes ahead, then why offer a free transfer to a different realm? By the way, just to test it out I tried to transfer a single character to Harbinger and THAT failed as well! You've got one cheesed off player here Bioware and I would really like an answer as to either what is going on or what am I doing wrong?

Blitz-wing
06.07.2013 , 12:35 AM | #19
Bump!

OwenBrooks
06.07.2013 , 12:48 AM | #20
Submit a ticket and wait, seems likely they will help you get them back

Quote: Originally Posted by Greywatcher View Post
Thank you Bioware for restoring our guild tabs.

I do hope that others in the same situation are able to get their banks sorted also =)

Now to tell the mules that they will be able to unload ^_^

Thanks again.