Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Server Queues.

ELRunninW
06.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #11
Because they have no resources to spare.

Lord_Karsk
06.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Fixed that for you - for this service, there is no charge.
lols nice one

shednik
06.05.2013 , 10:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

I appreciate the update Bruce letting us know about cross server queues, and understand there's a lot you can't say when it comes to a future updates.

The problem I see is will there be enough of a dedicated pvp community around to actually enjoy these updates that are coming in 2.4? Cross server queues are something that all of the current ranked teams have been hoping as a means to add to the current competition pool, and without it there will not be any new competition unless people end up coming back.

I'm sure now that we know cross server queues aren't coming in 2.4 that the current rwz community will get even smaller as people end up moving on. I'm not sure how you plan to grow the ranked warzone scene and improve queue times without cross server, are there any more high level details you can share in that regard?
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

islander
06.05.2013 , 10:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!
This can only mean new options for sub 8 people ranked warzones, whether its allowing less then 8 to queue for 8 mans now...or more likely... the implementation of arenas for 4 mans and below.

Sad to hear about cross server stuff though. Expected as much though. Another failure of Bioware years ago from a planning standpoint.
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Winguardian
06.05.2013 , 10:54 AM | #15
Hhahha, this is outright pathetic.. first they state cross server q-ing is going to come at the start of season 1 and then they remove that statement from the end of the wz descriptions and now they are saying it's basically too much for them to handle. I mean really? They must really be lacking resources if they can't even provide us features like these so I'm doubtful any and all features they will implement in 4 months time is anything the PvP community will be really exited about.

I honestly hope 2.4 is going to be mindblowingly good or you've just lost any real perspective the PvP community still had about a future for this game.

May I reiterate the fact that they've promised us Season 1 ranked for like a year now? With NO REAL information as to wheither or not it's going to be included in 2.4, what 2.4 is going to entail and the acknowledgement on their part that they've ONLY JUST NOW started working on new PvP features (something, mind you, they've been promising us for A VERY LONG TIME already).

HoloTweed
06.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Winguardian View Post
Hhahha, this is outright pathetic.. first they state cross server q-ing is going to come at the start of season 1...
When did they ever say that?

DimeStax
06.05.2013 , 10:59 AM | #17
If the game truly is growing again then it's time for them to start re-hiring and get this stuff finished.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Hizoka
06.05.2013 , 10:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Without soundig to negative do you guys even understand how players think ?
When players cant play and que times are long they leave the game.
When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO PvP community.

Saying this because i care and want to play SWTOR PvP on a server with really good PvP.
sorry but competative PvP is a myth in MMOs. the "hardcore" PvPers are simply the QQ brigade that cry they have to roll the new FOTM because the old one is no longer over powered.

Winguardian
06.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
It said so in the discription at the bottom of the pvp window (they did remove it later but it gave me at least the notion that it was still coming as part of season 1).

Pistols
06.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Here.