Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tryin to make all 8 classes opposite Advanced.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tryin to make all 8 classes opposite Advanced.

carcianite
06.03.2013 , 12:12 PM | #1
I'm trying to create one of each class with each Advanced mirror class alternating with each faction. I already have a juggernaut so i'm doing sentinel for Jedi Knight. Right now im Trying to figure out which to do with Consular and Inquisitor. Please give me some advice on which to choose, im considering lore, animations and how it fits with story.

Heathenblood
06.03.2013 , 01:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by carcianite View Post
I'm trying to create one of each class with each Advanced mirror class alternating with each faction. I already have a juggernaut so i'm doing sentinel for Jedi Knight. Right now im Trying to figure out which to do with Consular and Inquisitor. Please give me some advice on which to choose, im considering lore, animations and how it fits with story.
Doing a similar thing here I have a 55 marauder and a 55 gaurdian. And now I'm doing an assassin currently level 32 and a sage currently at 21. I also have a 12 operative and a 14 gunslinger, and a 10 powertech and a 7 trooper( going to be commando).

Anyways how I picked was assassin and stealth killing people from behind is more sith like. Jedi doing this seems strange a sage fits way better being healing seems like a jedi thing. Sorcs healing always just seemed weird because I don't imagine sith I help others they rather crush their enemies. Why I picked gaurdian for jedi just seems like protecting people is their job where a marauders point is to destroy. Idk your pick though up to you.
-Heathenblood

Raltar
06.03.2013 , 02:55 PM | #3
I would recommend Sage/Assassin, Sniper/Scoundrel and Commando/Powertech.

ParagonAX
06.03.2013 , 03:59 PM | #4
Depends on what kind of role you want.

For example, sage heals seem to fit the role better, but sage dps looks stupid with the pebbles and stuff, force lightning on sorcerer is much cooler.

Operative dps stabbing ppl in the back also looks alot better imo than scoundrel, but heal-wise I don't really have a preference.
GM of <Triumph>

Bubblës | Missbehavěn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Raděance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

_biddan_
06.04.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5
shadow/sorcerer
gunslinger/operative
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

quantez
06.04.2013 , 05:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
shadow/sorcerer
gunslinger/operative
I would do the exact opposite

Sage --> for heals suits a Jedi
Assassin --> Darth Maul
Commando --> Assault Cannon, see TOR intro movies
PT --> more fitting animations for a BH than Merc
Scoundrel --> Scattergun beats a knife anytime. Plus being called "scoundrel"
Sniper --> cover system fits sniper better than a GS.
I have a bad feeling about this

Kaedusz
06.04.2013 , 06:40 AM | #7
I recommend this:

Jedi Guardian and Sith Marauder. -

Jedi Guardian is more iconic than a Jedi that uses 2 sabers.And an aggressive fighting style with 2 sabers fits more a sith,than a jedi.Also Juggernaut armors and movement are too much robot like.Despite the fact that they tried to copy-paste a vision of Vader,you can't expect every sith to be a cyborg and half-robot.Its ridiculous.

Jedi Shadow and Sith Sorcerer. -

Sith Sorcerer makes more sense because of the story(i won't tell spoilers).While the Consular story still makes sense if you are not a guy that doesn't mostly rely on force abilities,but also uses the lightsaber.The Inquisitor's story is a story about a guy too powerful to use lightsaber at all.A Palpatine type.
Also Force lighting is far cooler than some rubble and little stones being thrown at you.

Operative and Gunslinger. -

Ideally an agent should have both Stealth and a Sniper,but since the game devides it into 2 different classes,its better to have stealth and be awesome(story wise) with silent kills with a knife than use a sniper ALL THE TIME.Being a sneaky guy expert at mele combat and bigger utility makes more sense for the agent.Imperial intelligence agent MUST have a stealth field generator.Running around with nothing but a sniper rifle fits more a guy that is part of the army,not a guy from an intelligence organization and a spy.
The smuggler should be a gunslinger because the scoundrel just doesn't make any sense.Punching giant droids and sith to death is ridiculous.Also the cool Scattergun is only used by 2 abilities=lame.

And also a sniper should be used long range(more than a thousand m) ,not the 35 m max,that is in the game.This range fits more the gunslinger.

Powertech and Commando. -

The bounty hunter should be a combination of a powertech and mercenary ,but since you must chose,its better to be a powertech,It makes more sense.You are a Mandalorian.Doesn't make sense to be a mandalorian and stay static and just launch rockets and missiles.A Mandalorian Warrior must be versatile and flexible,and expert at mele combat(retractable blade,rocket punch).Flamethrowers and Shoulder canon are also immensely awesome.It Makes you feel like Iron Man.Retractable Blade is also cool because of the Predator(from Alien vs Predator).
Both Commando and Vanguard make sense,but since it makes more sense the bounty hunter to be Powertech,i chose this combination.Also the guy that is static and stays in 1 place while shooting should be the Commando,not the mercenary.The gun the Commando uses is huge and heavy and it just make sense for you not to move much.And also the bread and butter for the vanguard- ion pulse ,is a lame ability to look at and listen to.

These are my 2 cents.

spectreclees
06.05.2013 , 04:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
I would recommend Sage/Assassin, Sniper/Scoundrel and Commando/Powertech.
I approve of this. These are the best combos imo.

I love my scoundrels shotgun and my snipers.. sniper.

Assassin feels so awesome to play, the animations of lightning for it are better than throwing rocks.

Commando with the big assault cannon is awesome.

Powertechs just look fun to play. The flamethrower spin! Come on!

Sage feels like the "Yoda" class so that's a no brainer for that one.

Ridickilis
06.05.2013 , 10:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by carcianite View Post
I would try to separate so you have at least one potential heal, one potential tank and one stealth on each faction.

Jugg, Sent
Assassin, Sage
Mercenary, Vanguard
Sniper, Scoundrel

teclado
06.05.2013 , 12:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
For example, sage heals seem to fit the role better, but sage dps looks stupid with the pebbles and stuff, force lightning on sorcerer is much cooler.
Balance sage, I agree. Telekinetics sage, I disagree completely. I have a 55 sage and a 45 sorcerer. I think that the TK sage effects are much cooler looking than the lightning sorcerer effects. Purple lightning gets pretty boring when all of the effects look pretty much the same (some sort of lightning pulse).

I agree that pebbles are pretty boring, but I don't use telekinetic throw (pebbles) very often with my TK build. It's mostly weaken mind, turbulence, disturbance, telekinetic wave, project. Those look awesome IMO (except for weaken mind...it doesn't have much of a visual effect).
Teclado Sage | Tecládo Guardian | Lycone Vanguard
"It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it."
The Harbinger