Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
PC Voice Actors, Male VS Female

LanaRyra
06.06.2013 , 09:08 PM | #21
IA: Female personally. Male is good for the class as well, but i just prefer female c:
SW: Male i've seen cutscenes and he can be all like "RAWR, I fall to NO ONE!" While female seems to be a slightly quieter confidence without being all "RAWR" like. Female DS is confident yet quiet, taunting, calculating, and doesn't seem to waste energy raging at enemies she knows she can defeat without trouble. Male seems to be a normal Sith in the matter, releasing his anger at will. I think in this manner i prefer female. But this is based on what i've seen of DS in cutscenes. I've only done LS female, need to do DS.
SI: Female. Just preferred her sadistic voice over male c:
BH: Both equal i think.

Smuggler: Female again. Can't really explain most of my preferences like SW
JC: Neither really. I mean they're okay, but just not my cup of tea. I hate tea.
JK: Female fits my rp character well. And i just prefer it overall.
Trooper: Female. Seriously, Jennifer Hale was why my first character was a fem trooper.

So overall, female > male for me. Not to say the male voice actors are bad, i just prefer the female ones.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year. Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.
Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually

October
06.06.2013 , 10:26 PM | #22
I like the male SI's voice.

I'm in love with the male IA's voice, but how he talks annoys me. Like, when there are meant to be pauses or breaks in sentences, he just skips past them and continues on and it just bugs me, I can't seem to ignore it.

Admittedly, I just started with that character, so could anyone tell me if that changes as I progress?

Jandi
06.07.2013 , 06:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Torian was voiced by Adam, the power ranger.
Now it all makes sense!
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Jyzai
06.07.2013 , 04:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Torian was voiced by Adam, the power ranger.
I think most would recognize Torian as Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach before a power ranger (I know I sure did).
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

AshlaBoga
06.07.2013 , 04:27 PM | #25
I honestly don't have a preference for any specific gender EXCEPT
Female Trooper.

FemShep Rules!!!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jandi
06.07.2013 , 04:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jyzai View Post
I think most would recognize Torian as Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach before a power ranger (I know I sure did).
Only muppets watch dubbed anime. It's a crime against the original artists.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Jyzai
06.07.2013 , 05:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
And if your going to read subtitles you might as well read the manga, and I take being called a muppet as a compliment. I like muppets!!!
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

Bytemite
06.07.2013 , 05:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Perspective: Hentai Doujinshi is a crime against everyone. But it's legally produced in Japan.

Dubbed anime doesn't really register on the scale of horrors, in part because Japan doesn't really have copyright laws like the US does. You might object to the corporate influences that distribute here and produce the official dubs, but ultimately it may be the only way to get official versions of a show here.

Also fan subs tend to misunderstand a lot of what's going on because people have too much confidence in how well they understand Japanese, or you get the people who try to keep everything exact even when Japanese culture and jokes don't always translate into English just because they're otaku who think Japanese is always better.

blah blah blah TL;DR: sub versus dub arguments = thread derailment go

Stncold
06.07.2013 , 06:09 PM | #29
SW: Haven't really played War of either gender much, but Male.
SI: Male. He sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, which fits the crazy wackiness of SI. Female sounds like an emotionless bored middle-aged woman.
Agent: Female. They both do good but Jo Wyatt knocks it out of the park.
Haven't played much BH.

JK: Female. "How's the Dark Side working out for you, Warren?" Has to be my favorite sarcastic dialogue option in the game and Wahlgren nails it.
JC: Both are pretty equally bad. This has to be Nolan North's worst work ever IMO.
Smuggler: Male. I really do not like female. Kath Soucie sounds like she's doing a somewhat grown-up version of Phil and Lil and it's unsettling.
Trooper: Male. Hale pretty much just does her Femshep voice. At least Brian Bloom makes an attempt to not sound completely like Varric.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

Euphrosyne
06.07.2013 , 06:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jyzai View Post
I recognized him as PJ from Ace Combat Zero and Grimm from Ace Combat 5.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil