Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Marr. (Spoilers)

Warcrarian
05.27.2013 , 02:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Marr is more concerned about the in-fighting of his peers. Because of all the stupid stuff his colleagues and fellow Sith are doing, the Republic is almost literally about to kick in their front door to deal the killing blow.

Marr is all about strife, but he wants the Empire to stand united against a common foe and "reforge the Empire in the flames of battle". His codex entry suggests that he is in fact dying because of his usage of the Dark Side over the last decades, and his top priority because of that is to keep the Empire alive and see to it that it can continue to survive without his further intervention. He is somewhat like Malgus, in the sense that he is aware of the Empire's shortcomings and wants everyone to keep their sh*t together and stop fighting amongst themselves while the Republic still fights on. That is, I believe, also the reason why Marr is so popular amongst the citizens of the Empire.
And if he knew that fights between sith will make the Empire this weak why didnt do anything to stop them? I mean I just go and told them that fight each other once the Republic is destroyed or somenthing like that...
I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose.The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is PERFECT.

BenKatarn
05.27.2013 , 02:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrarian View Post
And if he knew that fights between sith will make the Empire this weak why didnt do anything to stop them? I mean I just go and told them that fight each other once the Republic is destroyed or somenthing like that...
Why isn't Obama telling the Republican party to shut up and work together to save America? That's why.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Darth_Wicked
05.27.2013 , 02:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Where did the idea of Marr being pro alien come from? I didnt notice that from what Ive seen.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment. The problem is the Republic doesnt seem to be much into making peace right now.
Read the Annihilation novel.

platinumruggo
05.27.2013 , 02:29 PM | #14
Where did the idea of Marr being pro alien come from? I didnt notice that from what Ive seen.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment. The problem is the Republic doesnt seem to be much into making peace right now.
I believe some of the ROTHC content suggests that he agreed with Malgus' stand on letting a more pro alien society thrive since clearly what they're doing prior hasn't been working.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I guess without the effect and all the sabers flying around it could tough for him to tell which one was his. Wouldn't want to catch the wrong one. My friend lost a EWH saber that way. Caught someone else's Recruit saber and then the other quit and logged out.

Reavern
05.27.2013 , 02:31 PM | #15

He was one of the few sith lord who pushed for the idea of letting aliens into the imperial military.

I admit that I haven't played Makeb yet so I don't know how he is throughout the story.

Edit: Ninja'd
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

Darth_Wicked
05.27.2013 , 02:47 PM | #16
Having aliens as part of the imperial military or even Sith Lords is not exactly unseen or unheard, which is why the Red Reaper incident surrounding Darth Ikoral happened. Allowing an alien to become a member of the Dark Council is a different thing altogether though...

Again, people should take a look at the Annihilation novel, which came out long before Makeb, assuming they have an interest in Marr as a character.

BrianDavion
05.27.2013 , 02:50 PM | #17
Marr is behind the reforms allowing aliens to take up arms for the empire, and has pushed for non-human sith to be given dark council seats. he's not exactly a sappy pro alien type but rather it's more a pratical "we need these people supporting us"

zzoorrzz
05.27.2013 , 03:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Marr is behind the reforms allowing aliens to take up arms for the empire, and has pushed for non-human sith to be given dark council seats. he's not exactly a sappy pro alien type but rather it's more a pratical "we need these people supporting us"
Thx for clarification. That's a good idea I suppose. In the current situation we can't really afford to be picky about our servants. Any ideas who that new high ranked alien Sith might be?

October
05.27.2013 , 04:31 PM | #19
What storyline does Darth Marr play a big part in? I just completed the Inquisitor line and I'm pretty sure that, aside from Warzones, I didn't find out who he was until Makeb.

Reavern
05.27.2013 , 04:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by October View Post
What storyline does Darth Marr play a big part in? I just completed the Inquisitor line and I'm pretty sure that, aside from Warzones, I didn't find out who he was until Makeb.
He sadly doesn't appear at all any class story except for the endings of the Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior. I was pleasantly surprised when they brought him back in Makeb.
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.