Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Marr. (Spoilers)

Warcrarian
05.27.2013 , 02:42 AM | #1
So I was thinking, we all know that Marr is the leader of the Empire since we don't know what happend to the Emperor, and he also knows very well that the fights between siths will make the Empire very weak but he still doesn't do anything about it. Of course we won in Makeb and he now has a plan but why does he wait till we are almost defeated to do something?

Just a few tried to do somenthing for the Empire (Darth Angral and Lord Vivicar for example even if they have reasons still they fight jedi not other sith) .

In my opinion Darth Marr is such a great character but at this point I feel that he needs to do a lot more in this war, imagine a battle between Satele Shan and Marr...
Just my opinion by the way, what do you guys think about Darh Marr and his role at this time?
I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose.The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is PERFECT.

Darth_Wicked
05.27.2013 , 02:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrarian View Post
So I was thinking, we all know that Marr is the leader of the Empire since we don't know what happend to the Emperor, and he also knows very well that the fights between siths will make the Empire very weak but he still doesn't do anything about it. Of course we won in Makeb and he now has a plan but why does he wait till we are almost defeated to do something?
Some of us actually do. And Marr didn't exactly wait for the Empire to be defeated in order to do something, since last time I checked, the discovery of isotope-5 was fairly recent and we still don't know how exactly he plans to use it.

Quote:
Just a few tried to do somenthing for the Empire (Darth Angral and Lord Vivicar for example even if they have reasons still they fight jedi not other sith) .
Vivicar wasn't affiliated with the Empire and Angral was a loose cannon, who got disavowed by his superiors, after the loss of his son Tarnis. Neither one of them apply, as an example.

Quote:
In my opinion Darth Marr is such a great character but at this point I feel that he needs to do a lot more in this war, imagine a battle between Satele Shan and Marr...
Would be pointless, since both characters are old warhorses and Bioware went out of their way to establish a rivalry between Malgus and Satele, from way back.

Quote:
Just my opinion by the way, what do you guys think about Darh Marr and his role at this time?
The voice actor does all the work. His performance is too awesome for me to pay attention beyond that.

- - - -

"Interes-tinngggg."

zzoorrzz
05.27.2013 , 03:45 AM | #3
Don't worry my friend. The Emperor knows better than any of us what must be done. If he doesn't speak to the Council, he has a reason for that. I think Darth Marr does understand this right, that our job now is to play things smart and let the Republic exhaust themselves by attacking. That until the Emperor decides to step in and lead the major counterstrike.

Reavern
05.27.2013 , 12:17 PM | #4
Darth Marr is by far my favorite Sith Lord . He is one of the few sith lord's who stay calm and try to be reasonable. If it weren't for his passion for war then I'm sure Marr could have secured peace between the Empire and the Republic.

He is also one of the few Sith who are pro alien which is awesome.

I actually totally ship Darth Marr with Satele Shan.
I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

Jemfisto
05.27.2013 , 12:42 PM | #5
He has a great voice actor. I'm excited for the next set of story content.

zzoorrzz
05.27.2013 , 01:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Reavern View Post
Darth Marr is by far my favorite Sith Lord . He is one of the few sith lord's who stay calm and try to be reasonable. If it weren't for his passion for war then I'm sure Marr could have secured peace between the Empire and the Republic.

He is also one of the few Sith who are pro alien which is awesome.

I actually totally ship Darth Marr with Satele Shan.
Where did the idea of Marr being pro alien come from? I didnt notice that from what Ive seen.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment. The problem is the Republic doesnt seem to be much into making peace right now.

Warcrarian
05.27.2013 , 01:23 PM | #7
I just want to see him fight, want to see if he is a mara or jugg, I think that in comics he is a jugg but still he is such ******!
I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose.The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is PERFECT.

Forgon
05.27.2013 , 01:39 PM | #8
Marr's great because he is smart. You don't actually know what he is thinking. Does he hate aliens? Is he looking out for his own interests? Is he preparing a major power play? Who knows, but he definitely knows that the Empire will collapse if things don't change, Malgus' coup being the evidence to that, which will ruin everything for either him or the Sith Order and Sith Empire.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

zzoorrzz
05.27.2013 , 01:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Marr's great because he is smart. You don't actually know what he is thinking. Does he hate aliens? Is he looking out for his own interests? Is he preparing a major power play? Who knows, but he definitely knows that the Empire will collapse if things don't change, Malgus' coup being the evidence to that, which will ruin everything for either him or the Sith Order and Sith Empire.
He could very well just lie to player character and steal isotope-5 for himself, kinda like Malgus did with Foundry and stealth armada. I just hope that wont be the case. Definitely it would be a way for devs to screw us again.

BenKatarn
05.27.2013 , 01:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment.
Marr is more concerned about the in-fighting of his peers. Because of all the stupid stuff his colleagues and fellow Sith are doing, the Republic is almost literally about to kick in their front door to deal the killing blow.

Marr is all about strife, but he wants the Empire to stand united against a common foe and "reforge the Empire in the flames of battle". His codex entry suggests that he is in fact dying because of his usage of the Dark Side over the last decades, and his top priority because of that is to keep the Empire alive and see to it that it can continue to survive without his further intervention. He is somewhat like Malgus, in the sense that he is aware of the Empire's shortcomings and wants everyone to keep their sh*t together and stop fighting amongst themselves while the Republic still fights on. That is, I believe, also the reason why Marr is so popular amongst the citizens of the Empire.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech