Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

nymusiado
08.31.2013 , 05:11 PM | #3181
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Unlimited switching, with the level 10 reset! I support this in full. People get to keep toys and knicknacks and titles.
All for that, here!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nempo View Post
One more adiadem, you do not get a chance to gain alternate class titles. What you have you are stuck with.

Also, you DO lose your valor and valor based titles. You earned those as a specific class, you don't get to keep them as a new class.
Ehm... alternate class titles? You mean like Sniper Examplus, Operative Examplus? Because those were removed a long time ago I believe!

And I'm not at all bothered about valor and valor titles. Makes the relevelling more fun!

Quote:
3. allowing people to keep using unique, no longer acquirable items, that include pets, speeders, crystals, armor shells, as well as legacy perk unlocks on a character they have grown attached to, while enjoying the game play style that works better for them, within the same archetype, rather than having to reroll from scratch and lose all the investment they made into a character.
THAT! Is what I've been saying all along! I just want to keep all of my armor shells, speeders, crystals, titles and legacy perks I paid out the wazoo for!

Quote:
2) They flirted with the idea before launch, even talked about it publicly, but in the end decided not to allow it. At the time folks were pretty dead set against it. I don't think it's likely the current environment has changed much since then.
There was that news interview where the guy did say they were talking seriously about it... let's hope they don't go overboard and venture into the territory of "you want AC changes? take as many as you want!". I'm comfortable with one.

Quote:
5) This will likely further demean AC choice.
Only slightly.

I will ask another question, which I hope will be solved creatively...

What do we do about companions?

I'm okay with them being locked at the affection we left them off with until we hit the level we earnt them at with the previous AC. If push comes to shove, I'm willing to go with a full affection reset.

Quote:
4) If restrictions are not in place this could end up being abused or exploited.
This I will agree with. I'm not okay with being able to change AC in a snap so you can do funtime raids woo as a healer or tank rather than a Dime a Dozen DPS. That would undermine what AC change is about.

MajikMyst
08.31.2013 , 07:01 PM | #3182
Quote: Originally Posted by nymusiado View Post
That would undermine what AC change is about.
News flash.. There is no AC change.. Bioware has stated they do not want a single character to be able to both tank and heal.. There most likely will never be AC change.. The game says your AC choice is permanent.. So there is nothing to undermine.. The only thing this debate undermines is the obvious and common sense..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

nymusiado
09.01.2013 , 10:32 AM | #3183
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
News flash.. There is no AC change.. Bioware has stated they do not want a single character to be able to both tank and heal.. There most likely will never be AC change.. The game says your AC choice is permanent.. So there is nothing to undermine.. The only thing this debate undermines is the obvious and common sense..
Thank you for agreeing with me in the bolded area and obviously not reading all that I said.

In the post, I was AGAINST people tanking and healing between flashpoints. Switching permanently from a tank to a healer? No chance of return? What's the problem in that?

EDIT: Okay, although I'm still a big proponent of AC change, since BioWare takes a bit of time to add something in, I'll level an Op anyways. That way Ratajack is happy I put the effort in (not a jab at you, btw, I assume effort is kind of what makes you happy) and I'm happy that I can finally RP as an Imperial Agent rather than xXxIMPYSNIPZZZ420xXx.

Soluss
09.01.2013 , 01:49 PM | #3184
Quote: Originally Posted by nymusiado View Post
Thank you for agreeing with me in the bolded area and obviously not reading all that I said.

In the post, I was AGAINST people tanking and healing between flashpoints. Switching permanently from a tank to a healer? No chance of return? What's the problem in that?

EDIT: Okay, although I'm still a big proponent of AC change, since BioWare takes a bit of time to add something in, I'll level an Op anyways. That way Ratajack is happy I put the effort in (not a jab at you, btw, I assume effort is kind of what makes you happy) and I'm happy that I can finally RP as an Imperial Agent rather than xXxIMPYSNIPZZZ420xXx.
The problem with that is if you give people an inch, they will want a mile. As soon as people have the option to switch, they will realize the grass isn't greener or they miss their old play style or the other AC is buffed now and they want it back or whatever else. The next thread would be... ETA on when I can switch my AC back just one time. The thread after that would be ETA on when we can switch once a month... then once a week.... then at will.

The game mechanics are what they are. Judging by recent comments, they wont be changing anytime soon and Im happy about that.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

LordArtemis
09.01.2013 , 04:26 PM | #3185
I really think we have to consider the effect that any change has on the game's population. If AC change was offered and only the minority appreciated or accepted it the outrage over the change could impact the game in a very negative way.

I would be disappointed but keep playing. Can we say the same for the entire population under that premise? Remember, I'm just speculating here, I don't know how the community would react, but I can guess...and I don't expect this would be a change that would welcomed.

Folks tend to be kind of touchy about class change in the history of MMOs, and the ACs are close enough to classes to qualify IMO.

soldierofheaven
10.20.2013 , 10:26 PM | #3186
I play the game and pay the subscription to have fun, leveling another toon because i want to try a different spec isnt fun. All the people vehemently ************ about this (game breaking) change are probably just stingy because they had to do this already or in other MMOs. Some people play casually with friends or as a hobby and dont have the time or desire to grind another character. The fact is people play the game ot have fun, if this increases the amount of fun they have then add it.

ThorgrimLutgen
10.20.2013 , 10:45 PM | #3187
It is so easy and fast to level a character now, there really is no need for class swapping, you can easily have one of everything anyway.

Be careful what you wish for anyway, a character rename costs 1000cc for a one time change, if they put this in, surely a reasonable price would be 10000cc for a one time change? That way the people who "REALLY NEED" this function can show just how much they want it. Those of us with money to burn can buy lots of them, and exploit their neediness on the GTN.

branmakmuffin
10.21.2013 , 12:11 AM | #3188
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
It is so easy and fast to level a character now, there really is no need for class swapping, you can easily have one of everything anyway.
No one is asking for class swapping.

MajikMyst
10.21.2013 , 12:46 AM | #3190
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
No one is asking for class swapping.
What do you think AC swapping is?? Your AC is your class.. You can disagree all you want.. It doesn't change the facts..

Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Well, I thought this forum nightmare was buried for good....guess not.
Yes Lord.. Unfortunately.. Some people.. I tell ya!!
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.