Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on Advanced Class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ETA on Advanced Class change?

Pscyon
05.27.2013 , 11:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
But in reality I'm sure it will cost like 6000 Cartel Coins to unlock it, then another 2000 Cartel Coins every time you switch (discounted 3.2% for subscribers, of course) with a 2 month cooldown.
Works for me. People who read and understood what their AC would be capable of doing before picking it won't lose anything and the ones that didn't helps the game with additional funding while getting their new class. Everyone wins.
Sith Sorcerer

Elfa
05.27.2013 , 11:12 AM | #22
Having more choice is never a bad thing in any game.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

OddballEasyEight
05.27.2013 , 11:45 AM | #23
Oh it will probably be implemented sometime.
Mainly due to all the whining about people picking the wrong AC (as if its hard to level up a new toon to where you pick your AC).

BUT, when it is eventually released (which, i hope, is no time soon), i forsee a wave of QQing and nerdrage on the forums because A: It will cost CC (buuuhh, subs should have eeeeverything free), B: Morons will not realize that almost all their gear will become useless (especially the ones playing AC's that have different armour types) and C: People will whine because they whine about everything nowadays.

RocketRabbit
05.27.2013 , 11:54 AM | #24
How is being able to pay to change AC any different than rolling a new alt? I shudder at the thought of grinding through the same mind-numbing missions.

And how does my choice of AC impact anyone else?

SithKoriandr
05.27.2013 , 11:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Oh it will probably be implemented sometime.
Mainly due to all the whining about people picking the wrong AC (as if its hard to level up a new toon to where you pick your AC).

BUT, when it is eventually released (which, i hope, is no time soon), i forsee a wave of QQing and nerdrage on the forums because A: It will cost CC (buuuhh, subs should have eeeeverything free), B: Morons will not realize that almost all their gear will become useless (especially the ones playing AC's that have different armour types) and C: People will whine because they whine about everything nowadays.
As a sub, I'm okay with the advance class change costing CC. As a sub, still not okay with the dye packs. So obviously, you're mistaken, and subs can see the differences in various things.

I also fail to see how advance class changes means "become the new FotM" That's more like to be a change up between classes, and less likely (but not impossible) to be a change in one's advance class.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Ryluk_Shouja
05.27.2013 , 12:00 PM | #26
Know what bxp weekends have done for flashpoint pugs? Well imagine if people could switch their AC at the drop of a hat and reroll and entire class without learning how to play it or even what their abilities do. Do you really want dps geared dps set bonus dps mindset players tanking for you? Or tanks healing? If you're unhappy that you rolled a powertech and suddenly decide you want a merc instead...you have twelve character slots. Use them.

LordArtemis
05.27.2013 , 12:05 PM | #27
Heh. Well, if folks are not complaining they are not living, right?

At any rate, I think dual spec and reselect advanced should be released at the same time, but this is how I think both should work.

Reselect advanced class - Only allowed when class story is concluded. All points are naturally refunded.

It would cost CC to use, have a 15 day cooldown and all of your current gear would be removed from your toon. This way you could not sport heavy gear in a class that uses medium, etc.

Dual spec - Allowed when you choose your spec onward, but open use is only allowed after you conclude your class story.

Before your story conclusion dual spec would be restricted to use inside heroics, flashpoints, operations and warzones UNLESS the groupfinder tool allows you a free spec swap while qued to fill missing roles. It would be a permanent unlock feature, allowing you to save a particular setup...it saves point allocation and bar locations of specials but not gear setup. it would have a one hour cooldown, and would cost either EC or CC.

After conclusion of your storyline you are unlocked to spec swap any time you wish.

TheNahash
05.27.2013 , 12:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
But in reality I'm sure it will cost like 6000 Cartel Coins to unlock it, then another 2000 Cartel Coins every time you switch (discounted 3.2% for subscribers, of course) with a 2 month cooldown. Oh well, what can you do? As a start, I'd be happy just to have the option in-game, in any form.
With the exception of the 2 month cooldown, I honestly hope that if they choose to add this to the game it will cost AT LEAST 6000 CC and an additional (small) amount of CC for each change (maybe like 300-500).

If people are too lazy to level characters and want to take the easy route, it's fine by me. But Bioware could make some money off of this that could help the game for the rest of us who actually enjoy playing the game.

SithKoriandr
05.27.2013 , 12:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyoga_ View Post
That ill be the day many of us will quit the game.
Isnt that what many said would happen if F2P happened?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry