Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Finally, its happening!

Beniboybling
05.21.2013 , 10:24 AM | #1
"The opportunity to do a new Battlefront, for example, which is one of the very popular Star Wars games, or some of the other traditional games that were made, is very exciting." ~ EA

Just found an article on this today. DICE has set up a studio in LA for production of Star Wars and now EA have heavily hinted that the long awaited Battlefront 3 is on its way. I think finally we can say this is happening.

Don't mess it up EA.

Read the full article here.

P.S. 'Some of the other traditional games? What's he referring to there? (Do I here you saying KOTOR 3? *crosses fingers in vain*)

WillCaedes
05.21.2013 , 10:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
"The opportunity to do a new Battlefront, for example, which is one of the very popular Star Wars games, or some of the other traditional games that were made, is very exciting." ~ EA

Just found an article on this today. DICE has set up a studio in LA for production of Star Wars and now EA have heavily hinted that the long awaited Battlefront 3 is on its way. I think finally we can say this is happening.

Don't mess it up EA.

P.S. 'Some of the other traditional games? What's he referring to there? (Do I here you saying KOTOR 3? *crosses fingers in vain*)
I'd play a KOTOR 1 & 2 with up to date graphics in a heart beat. For some reason I just can't get past the x-box graphics x.x
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!

Aurbere
05.21.2013 , 10:29 AM | #3
Finally. This is a good thing. So long as they don't mess it up, of course.

I hope it isn't Battlefield: Star Wars.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

TalonVII
05.21.2013 , 10:29 AM | #4
BATTLEFIELD 3?!!!

YES OH YES!!!

Here's my hope, they do battles from the EU. more, past Return of the Jedi. And bring in some more fighter vs fighter combat along with ground fighting.

But finally! YES!!!
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Beniboybling
05.21.2013 , 10:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
BATTLEFIELD 3?!!!

YES OH YES!!!

Here's my hope, they do battles from the EU. more, past Return of the Jedi. And bring in some more fighter vs fighter combat along with ground fighting.

But finally! YES!!!
BATTLEFRONT, BATTLEFRONT - don't speak such sacrilege!

But yeah Aurbere, this probably is going to be milked for all its worth like the Battlefield series. But ah well 10 games in 2 years with minor improvements and at escalating prices is better than none I guess...

TheBBP
05.21.2013 , 12:36 PM | #6

Don't mess it up EA.

Short term memory loss? You replied in a thread that I made about it days ago talking about how you did not know much about DICE and even expressed the thought that you think that it might not be a good idea.

But yeah Aurbere, this probably is going to be milked for all its worth like the Battlefield series. But ah well 10 games in 2 years with minor improvements and at escalating prices is better than none I guess...
Oddly enough, it was the same thread where I explained to you that they did not make that many games and that most of the titles that you pasted were DLC.

What's up with the memory Ben?
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Aurbere
05.21.2013 , 12:36 PM | #7

It's EA. What do you expect? I'm only excited for Battlefront 3, but I still have doubts with EA in the mix. I'm sure the game will be great, but I'm concerned about how it will be handled.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
05.21.2013 , 01:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Short term memory loss? You replied in a thread that I made about it days ago talking about how you did not know much about DICE and even expressed the thought that you think that it might not be a good idea.

Oddly enough, it was the same thread where I explained to you that they did not make that many games and that most of the titles that you pasted were DLC.

What's up with the memory Ben?
I think I might have threw you with that comment about LA. This is different, this was at some tech conference when 'CFO Blake Jorgensen' whoever he is, hinted that they were actually going to make Battlefront. Whereas when setting up camp at LA they didn't really say anything of the kind.

Sure they said Star Wars games and DICE produce first-person shooters so it was kinda obvious, but then again given BF3's history you can't say anything for certain. This pretty much solidifies that its happening.

So yeah basically, different thing, same topic.

P.S. And yeah, I did exaggerate a little. Still you can't deny that Battefield is fairly mass produced. I also recall expressing my reservations towards DLC. Not exactly any better, I'd rather just have the whole game all in one for the standard price.

TalonVII
05.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #9

D'oh!! -bows- i'm not worthy!
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

TheBBP
05.21.2013 , 01:33 PM | #10
I think I might have threw you with that comment about LA. This is different, this was at some tech conference when 'CFO Blake Jorgensen' whoever he is, hinted that they were actually going to make Battlefront. Whereas when setting up camp at LA they didn't really say anything of the kind.

Sure they said Star Wars games and DICE produce first-person shooters so it was kinda obvious, but then again given BF3's history you can't say anything for certain. This pretty much solidifies that its happening.

So yeah basically, different thing, same topic.

P.S. And yeah, I did exaggerate a little. Still you can't deny that Battefield is fairly mass produced. I also recall expressing my reservations towards DLC. Not exactly any better, I'd rather just have the whole game all in one for the standard price.
DLC is how things go now. You are going to have to learn to deal with that.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk