Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 08:44 AM | #1
The next animation series post TCW has begun production IGaudienceports.

Fall 2014 looks to be the release timeframe for this new show.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...berg-announced

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...tails-revealed
- Mark Hamill wil be doing VOs.
- Aimed towards a younger audience.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 09:05 AM | #2
Ooo...just read an article on it. Perhaps we will see the early days of the Rebellion fighting the Empire on screen, yay have been waiting for that! Maybe show some Jedi being hunted by Darth Vader too on screen, rather then just the comics/novels now.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 09:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ooo...just read an article on it. Perhaps we will see the early days of the Rebellion fighting the Empire on screen, yay have been waiting for that! Maybe show some Jedi being hunted by Darth Vader too on screen, rather then just the comics/novels now.
Although the GCW has been focused to death, I hoping this new series ties in with the Purge comics a bit.

Though I hope TCW somehow fits in its last episode right before Ep 3 so it isn't as much of a jumped in time.

The whole 'Between Ep 3 and 4" might go into Galan Marek I'm hoping - a lot of hate for him by those who only played the game, but for those that read the books, he is actually "normal" as far as power goes.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account

TalonVII
05.20.2013 , 10:11 AM | #4
I can only hope for it doesn't pull what the TCW pulled and dumped on already good stories. But considering the period between Ep III and IV is pretty much an open canvas it will be interesting to see.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 10:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Although the GCW has been focused to death, I hoping this new series ties in with the Purge comics a bit.

Though I hope TCW somehow fits in its last episode right before Ep 3 so it isn't as much of a jumped in time.

The whole 'Between Ep 3 and 4" might go into Galan Marek I'm hoping - a lot of hate for him by those who only played the game, but for those that read the books, he is actually "normal" as far as power goes.
Of course he is normal, games exaggerate things lol. Kyle Katarn for example, he is normal, Jaden Korr normal...and so on so forth. Though I am just happy that the series will focus on the early days of the Rebels, I always wanted to see how the Rebels did during the early days, what equipment they had, what battles they were in and so forth.

Also maybe it'll make Stormtroopers better, given they won't be shooting at protagonists all the time so they should be shown as elite of the elite. Maybe have an episode or two focus on a Stormtrooper squad...

Ooo or maybe Imperial Guardsmen, Kir Kanos is a boss character would be neat to see some of him. Or maybe show some Spec-ops Rebel/Imperial forces IE: Storm Commandos, Rebel Infiltrators and the like.

I feel so giddy now, as I have so many thoughts on this!

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 10:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Of course he is normal, games exaggerate things lol. Kyle Katarn for example, he is normal, Jaden Korr normal...and so on so forth. Though I am just happy that the series will focus on the early days of the Rebels, I always wanted to see how the Rebels did during the early days, what equipment they had, what battles they were in and so forth.

Also maybe it'll make Stormtroopers better, given they won't be shooting at protagonists all the time so they should be shown as elite of the elite. Maybe have an episode or two focus on a Stormtrooper squad...

Ooo or maybe Imperial Guardsmen, Kir Kanos is a boss character would be neat to see some of him. Or maybe show some Spec-ops Rebel/Imperial forces IE: Storm Commandos, Rebel Infiltrators and the like.

I feel so giddy now, as I have so many thoughts on this!
Don't get too excited though.

You're aiming yourself for disappointment haha - forgot who exactly it was, but one of the people mentioned in the video on that article has a track record of having anything he's involved with canceled after 2 seasons haha.

But yeah, I flat out knew how the game was for laughs and book was for the real story, but you see people screaming like Galan was the worst thing to hit Star Wars since the Ep 1 version of Jar Jar.

================

I'm interested to see how the concept art for the OT will be implemented into SW:R, we saw tie fighters are going to be in it obviously already.
CE Owner '09 Account

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 10:18 AM | #7
Don't get too excited though.

You're aiming yourself for disappointment haha - forgot who exactly it was, but one of the people mentioned in the video on that article has a track record of having anything he's involved with canceled after 2 seasons haha.

But yeah, I flat out knew how the game was for laughs and book was for the real story, but you see people screaming like Galan was the worst thing to hit Star Wars since the Ep 1 version of Jar Jar.

================

I'm interested to see how the concept art for the OT will be implemented into SW:R, we saw tie fighters are going to be in it obviously already.
Yes...must keep a level head and not get over hyped. I just really have wanted to see some early GCW action. XD

Oh, oh another thought that would be awesome! They could have the Clone Rebellion on Kamino, and we see the Empire come in and take em all out...would be an interesting throwback to BF 2.

Lord_Karsk
05.20.2013 , 11:02 AM | #8
nevermind

Eillack
05.20.2013 , 11:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Follow show here for latest news https://twitter.com/starwarsrebels
Interesting.

Makes me sad to see "....on Disney XD !" though. Seems wrong..
CE Owner '09 Account

Wolfninjajedi
05.20.2013 , 11:17 AM | #10
Good find.

Makes me sad to see "....on Disney XD !" though. Seems wrong..
Well at least Dave Filoni will be involved.