Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tips and Tricks learned from teaching a 53 yr old Woman

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Tips and Tricks learned from teaching a 53 yr old Woman

FayebornOR
05.28.2013 , 02:53 PM | #21
I am 37 but my dad is 57 and has been gaming ever since I can remember (from tabletop to computers). This is a great thread and your site is nice too. I can't tell you how many times I've been where you are with one thing or another.

Gaming is about the only thing we have in common so it has kept us talking over the years. Grats on doing a good thing. She really sounded like she was enjoying Huttball!

Saiyanbob
05.29.2013 , 09:55 AM | #22
LOL vs The Interface: Using the Interface Editor is finally done. Sorry about the delay was a long weekend. Enjoy
<Fate of the Unwanted>
Tücker the Lightning Sorceror

SpoeMeister
05.29.2013 , 11:48 AM | #23
You 2 are just too cute!! I don't always watch a streaming video of 1.5 hours but I just couldn't stop watching.

Keep it up!
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Seireeni
05.29.2013 , 01:31 PM | #24
I, a person who hates watching long videos on the internet, am watching a over an hour long video about 2 people playing pvp. Call me crazy.

Only problem is that I would really like to play some pvp with my commando healer now, which is a very bad thing when you are trying to get a gf ops to pop lol.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Saiyanbob
05.29.2013 , 03:54 PM | #25
Ha you see the footage I have from day 2. I'm editing it now but half of it is on the twitch right now. We were defending our Pylon in Hypergate and 30 seconds before the end of the match we were going to win 1 pup came and then a WHOLE LOT MORE!!! I tried to call for help but was talking to a friend and it defaulted to my reply and ended up causing us to lose. Its not always the LOL that does the silly things. I love PVPing with her because I'm not great at it either which makes it fun as heck.
<Fate of the Unwanted>

TaylorNova
06.01.2013 , 07:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
You 2 are just too cute!! I don't always watch a streaming video of 1.5 hours but I just couldn't stop watching.

Keep it up!
Greetings Master, I will have to keep an eye on you, Im getting jealous, my new Sith's starting to Seethe in a Green glow
46 Trooper Vanguard
20 Sith Inquisitor Assassin Spy for
26 Imperial Agent
"I do believe they think I am some kind of god!"

Saiyanbob
06.03.2013 , 11:08 AM | #27
"LOL vs Stats Part 1: Is this for Me" is up for viewing. I hope its useful for someone.

Click here to go directly to it.
<Fate of the Unwanted>

Saiyanbob
06.03.2013 , 02:43 PM | #28
Part 2 should be up tommorrow or wednesday which will include general priorities for secondary stats.
<Fate of the Unwanted>

Saiyanbob
06.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #29
LOL vs Stats Part 2 including general stat Priorities for each class is up and ready for viewing. Enjoy

LOL vs Stats Part 2: Which Stat is Better
<Fate of the Unwanted>

Seireeni
06.05.2013 , 12:37 PM | #30
I was kind of disappointed to see there was nothing for scrappers/imperial mirror (middle tree of operatives/scoundrels) simply because it's not good for endgame operations. It's a fun spec to play if you don't plan on doing any hard stuff (i.e. hardmode ops). Fun in pvp, too. Also, no mention on engineering/saboteur tree of snipers and gunslingers? If they get the same treatment as marksmanship/sharpshooter, shouldn't that be mentioned?

Nice looking update otherwise. Plain and simple and tells what stats people should use (instead of many lines of math to make sure that people who have no idea about stats have no idea after reading either).
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy