Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else dissapointed with Palpatine's backstory? (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Anyone else dissapointed with Palpatine's backstory? (Spoilers)

TalonVII
05.20.2013 , 10:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Trimaxion View Post
As an exact clone of Jango I'd say he's as much a mandalorian as dolly the sheep was a sheep.
You do realize that any species could be a Mandalorian. Mando's don't care what you are, they care WHO you are if you are family. Get adopted you are mando. Doesn't take much.

And as far as Palpatine's story. Who cares, he was a spoiled rich kid. Being a Sith or jedi comes from all walks of life.

Doesn't mean you have to be a slave, politican, smuggler, whatever. Any walk of life, if you have the aptitude with the force, you can do amazing things.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Trimaxion
05.20.2013 , 10:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
You do realize that any species could be a Mandalorian. Mando's don't care what you are, they care WHO you are if you are family. Get adopted you are mando. Doesn't take much..
yes, I thought that as I was replying but still. He was cloned from a mandalorian and raised as a mandalorian...

what more is needed?

Vince_Trageton
05.20.2013 , 03:13 PM | #23
Coming to think of it, I knew a guy like Palpatine once, quite a morron. Was bounced to my school and bounced off it after spending a few weeks in an asylum and threatening a girl with a gun. Dunno what became of him, don't care either...
"Why, just because I don't tend to randomly butcher everyone around me, doesn't make me a Jedi prospect!"
- Darth Ceptus

MajinEddie
05.22.2013 , 12:12 PM | #24
The book was very boring. Its funny how I can take crap put a cover with the name skywalker/palpatine and people will love it. The book was boring from start to finish.

Aurbere
05.22.2013 , 08:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
The book was very boring. Its funny how I can take crap put a cover with the name skywalker/palpatine and people will love it. The book was boring from start to finish.
That's your opinion, I suppose.

Tell me, what did you dislike about it? Poilitcal intrigue? The formation of the Grand Plan? The fleshing out of Plagueis' backstory?
Added Chapter 49 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

AlexDougherty
05.23.2013 , 03:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ernost View Post
He was just a spoiled little rich kid with daddy issues. His biggest hardships growing up were bouncing from prep school to prep school (he kept getting himself expelled) & covering up whenever he ran over some civilian in his sports-car (which he seemed to keep doing). He turns to the dark side to 'get back at daddy' then proceeds to slaughter his entire family 'just because'.

Pretty lame for the 'greatest sith lord of all time' imo.
Any backstory was going to disappoint, half of the interest was because it could have been almost anything, so the minute you define it, you eliminate hundreds of possible alternatives, causing disappointment for someone.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

ipwnnoobsftw
05.24.2013 , 01:01 PM | #27
His back story sounds like the catcher in the rye novel