Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khindred
05.14.2013 , 11:00 AM | #21
/signed

I have loads of individual pieces from various Cartel Pack armor sets that I would love to replicate, but the exorbitant cost of completing sets ensures this won't happen. I should think very few people have entire sets of the Cartel Pack armors, making this feature utterly useless for most of the game's population.

Implementation is in complete contrast to presentation.

WillCaedes
05.14.2013 , 11:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Khindred View Post
/signed

I have loads of individual pieces from various Cartel Pack armor sets that I would love to replicate, but the exorbitant cost of completing sets ensures this won't happen. I should think very few people have entire sets of the Cartel Pack armors, making this feature utterly useless for most of the game's population.

Implementation is in complete contrast to presentation.
Indeed, very sad. I know for certain I myself saw no point in collecting or saving full sets. This patch seems extremely absurd.
Bad game development attracts my attention - Some people like to characterize me as a right bugger. But this is a mischaracterization. Forum DEFENDERS and their commentary when blindly HERALDED will be read and I will give it the objective and critical assessment it deserves of both the post and the actual poor state of the game.

Jamus_Divinus
05.14.2013 , 11:04 AM | #23
/Sign

Bioware Bait and Switch (again)

From a May 6th interview: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Once you've obtained an item on a character, that item will be marked in your collection, allowing you to recreate that item for that character. Pay a few Cartel Coins and that item unlocks for every character in your account, including characters on other servers.

Also:

Once you have bound an item on a character, it becomes unlocked in your Collection and you can create unlimited copies for that character.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
310,000,000 Mounts:149/162 Pets:128/143
Achievement points:19400 Ships mastered: 5/16

ML_DoubleTap
05.14.2013 , 11:05 AM | #24
Quote:
1. A small fee was mentioned to essentially unlock an item. Does the fee depend on the item or is it the same amount for everything?

Once you have bound an item on a character, it becomes unlocked in your Collection and you can create unlimited copies for that character. It is only the account-wide access unlock that costs Cartel Coins. For pack items, the Cartel Coin cost is based on item rarity, and ranges from 60 to 600 CC. For direct-sale items, the unlock fee is a fraction of the itemís base price.
From an interview here: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Specifically says "item", not set...disappointed.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

WillCaedes
05.14.2013 , 11:06 AM | #25
I'm still waiting for Eric or someone to drop in and say something. Kinda funny how not one single yellow post has appeared in this thread yet.
Bad game development attracts my attention - Some people like to characterize me as a right bugger. But this is a mischaracterization. Forum DEFENDERS and their commentary when blindly HERALDED will be read and I will give it the objective and critical assessment it deserves of both the post and the actual poor state of the game.

MoFugga
05.14.2013 , 11:08 AM | #26
/signed.
pretty frustrating considering i get a set, and usually split the peices up amongst different characters, even all the peices are there, still dont count, very nice.

Huckdabuck
05.14.2013 , 11:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
I'm still waiting for Eric or someone to drop in and say something. Kinda funny how not one single yellow post has appeared in this thread yet.
It's been all of 30 minutes....jeeeezzzzz give the dude some time. It's happy hour (lunch time) in Austin.

ZombieCow
05.14.2013 , 11:16 AM | #28
/signed

Im starting to get upset with Bioware's decisions and how they treat us.

WillCaedes
05.14.2013 , 11:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MoFugga View Post
/signed.
pretty frustrating considering i get a set, and usually split the peices up amongst different characters, even all the peices are there, still dont count, very nice.
Yep, I have malaks entire set spread out amongst my toons. Still doesn't count. Oh and bound on different toons rofl. So yeah I'm screwed either which way since I can't unbind and mail to one toon to 'unlock' what I've already purchased.

Ernost
05.14.2013 , 11:18 AM | #30
/signed

Am very disappointing by this. As mentioned in earlier posts, we were told we would be able to unlock INDIVIDUAL items in our collection. Nothing was mentioned about needing the whole damn set.