Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The developers are seriously bias towards Jedi and Sith warrior classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The developers are seriously bias towards Jedi and Sith warrior classes

Individual
05.13.2013 , 10:14 AM | #1
Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives.... I do believe the operative nerf was due to a certain point, but now they allow Shadows and Sins to do the exact same thing that Operatives were able to do before. Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%. Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.

theUndead
05.13.2013 , 10:18 AM | #2
You do know that Snipers and Slingers are completely OP right now right?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Helig
05.13.2013 , 10:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives....
Operatives are amazing right now. Competing with Sins for strongest 1v1 class. Extremely potent healer in Warzones (take a look at healing stats on healing records in the respective thread - Ops top the list by a good margin).
Quote:
Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%.
15% crit damage increase is not overall 15% damage increase.
Quote:
Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.
Gunnery/Arsenal is amazing. Electro Net is raw, unrefined sex. No escape, 1 rotation with lucky crits, 2 rotations without lucky crits and you're dead if you don't use 2+ min cooldowns. 2 instant Gravs with Tech Override, no more need to stack Gravs to maximize Demolition.

Yes, Pyro got nerfed. But AP is in a fairly good spot right now. Very durable, very flexible.

Also, Snipers.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

wainot-keel
05.13.2013 , 10:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
You do know that Snipers and Slingers are completely OP right now right?
lol, we kind of joke about it on guild. we don't even say "nerf them !!", but rather "fix them !!"

SW_display_name
05.13.2013 , 12:56 PM | #5
You are being crazy, and I see no evidence of any bias whatsoever in terms of actual gameplay.

Storytelling... yes, I think the writers have a bit of a fan-on for the Jedi Knight which should have been brought under control. But in terms of game balance? I don't agree with anything you're saying, really.

Dallayna
05.14.2013 , 10:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
You are being crazy, and I see no evidence of any bias whatsoever in terms of actual gameplay.

Storytelling... yes, I think the writers have a bit of a fan-on for the Jedi Knight which should have been brought under control. But in terms of game balance? I don't agree with anything you're saying, really.
I wouldn't really say that. Frankly, I found the Knight boring as all get-out. The IA is way better and at least the Smuggy is funny in a lot of places.

As for game balance? Okay. I'm finally able to play my Sniper solo in the higher levels and I actually managed to get together a Scoundrel build that's actually playable. So, no. I don't agree that they got "nerfed." Quite the opposite- imho they finally got fixed.

theUndead
05.15.2013 , 06:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
lol, we kind of joke about it on guild. we don't even say "nerf them !!", but rather "fix them !!"
Lol in our guild there is a rivalry between our two resident Slingers and our Sniper in our sister guild.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

jakanmortomis
05.15.2013 , 06:38 PM | #8
I am a lvl 55 jedi sentinel, and some warzones i get my *** handed to me sometimes i do great, it`s all down to luck tactics and quality of the opposition well thats my 2 cents anyway.

carcianite
06.12.2013 , 03:24 PM | #9
Really? My Juggernaut beat the living force out of a jedi shadow in a duel.... He was 2 levels higher than me.

Ugolino
06.12.2013 , 08:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives.... I do believe the operative nerf was due to a certain point, but now they allow Shadows and Sins to do the exact same thing that Operatives were able to do before. Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%. Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.
qq more and stop dragging down other BHs with your lackluster dps