Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR must be in Portuguese

Andryah
05.13.2013 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Se quiseres que eu escreva em Português, também posso. Mas já que estes foruns são direcionados para um público Inglês, nāo vejo qual seria o interesse...
Now your complaint can be taken serisously.

And it's not a complaint, just something for BioWare to take into account once the game's reach begins to widen to a more...global level.
Not a complaint? Just something for Bioware to take into account? Then please remove the word "must" from thread title. And, I'm pretty sure Bioware has already taken into account language localizations for the game.

IMO... there is more merit for a game port to iOS then to additional languages.. and they have made it clear that they are not going to port to iOS.

And why not just port directly to the mother tongue which Frensh, Spanish, and Portugese are derived from... ie: Latin?
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

Jimvinny
05.13.2013 , 10:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
I mean what the definition of the word is in terms of corporate strategy, which if they have their act together follows other goals than just "what's profitable".
EVERY corporate strategy should be based around "what's profitable."

This is RL, folks. not some imaginary fantasy where game companies exist only to satisfy your desire for MOAR CONTENT.

Machine-Elf
05.13.2013 , 11:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Now your complaint can be taken serisously.

Not a complaint? Just something for Bioware to take into account? Then please remove the word "must" from thread title. And, I'm pretty sure Bioware has already taken into account language localizations for the game.

IMO... there is more merit for a game port to iOS then to additional languages.. and they have made it clear that they are not going to port to iOS.
The word "must" infused the thread with a forcefulness I didn't intend to be taken literally, I was only trying to emulate a similar thread asking for Spanish translations. EDIT: this is the thread in question.

Sorry if it came off sounding like a rant.

Joesixxpack
05.13.2013 , 11:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
EVERY corporate strategy should be based around "what's profitable."

This is RL, folks. not some imaginary fantasy where game companies exist only to satisfy your desire for MOAR CONTENT.
You're misunderstanding my post or have no clue what corporate strategy entails.

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 11:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by nshotsman View Post
I would argue that translating to Spanish isn't Cost-Effective which is exactly why they haven't done it yet. If you look at the economies of many of the Latin-American countries it would be hard to justify the investment because they probably don't see themselves gaining a significant number of PAID subscribers versus players staying free-2-play. I can't speak for a Portuguese or Finnish translations Cost-Effectiveness because I don't know the state of their respected economy.
lol, racism much? They all don't live in barrios and Favelas.

I think you underestimate the number of Spanish/Portuguese speaking players in this game.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

nshotsman
05.13.2013 , 11:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
lol, racism much? They all don't live in barrios and Favelas.

I think you underestimate the number of Spanish/Portuguese speaking players in this game.
And there's the stupid racism card. Get so sick of it. How is anytime an American says anything about another country in a way they take offensive we're automatically a bunch of racists, but other countries can talk smack about America all they want and we're just supposed to take it. Bunch of BS and it's getting really old.
"It is when the world is darkest that we must see the light in others" ~ Satele Shan

Machine-Elf
05.13.2013 , 11:54 AM | #27
And there's the stupid racism card. Get so sick of it. How is anytime an American says anything about another country in a way they take offensive we're automatically a bunch of racists, but other countries can talk smack about America all they want and we're just supposed to take it. Bunch of BS and it's getting really old.
Talking smack about countries you have virtually zero knowledge of, and even less direct direct experience with, should be frowned upon, whoever the culprit.
I'm a foreigner and I love America.
That said, bearing the brunt of the world's criticism is part and parcel of being its foremost superpower. Deal with it in stride, as the citizen of any Empire should.

nshotsman
05.13.2013 , 11:58 AM | #28
Talking smack about countries you have virtually zero knowledge of, and even less direct direct experience with, should be frowned upon, whoever the culprit.
I'm a foreigner and I love America.
That said, bearing the brunt of the world's criticism is part and parcel of being its foremost superpower. Deal with it in stride, as the citizen of any Empire should.
We are a republic, not an empire, as our governing bodies are elected. What was that line about talking smack about countries one knows little to nothing about again?
"It is when the world is darkest that we must see the light in others" ~ Satele Shan

BaronV
05.13.2013 , 12:01 PM | #29
There are 40+ million Spanish-speaking people in Spain alone.
Add Mexico, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguai, Chile and other numerous countries to the mix, and you've got a huge untapped market in your hands.

Same goes for Portuguese-speaking countries.
The only Portuguese speaking countries are Portugal, Brazil, East Timor, Angola and maybe parts of Mozambique

Yup healluva large market there
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 12:03 PM | #30
We are a republic, not an empire, as our governing bodies are elected. What was that line about talking smack about countries one knows little to nothing about again?
Lol

You blanket every Spanish speaking country as being low income and not able to afford a 15$ subscription model, but then say you know nothing of Finnish or Portuguese speaking countries so you won't speak on them. How about you just don't speak on anything?
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.