Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

quinn (spoilers)

MalthazarCeres
05.14.2013 , 10:22 PM | #11
the only companion i really know that would never betray me is jaessa
you even lose affection if you mention anything about shebeing wrong to betray you when you talk with her in your ship...
i still don't trust that droid, he's worst than quinn when he praise you.

Morgulian
05.15.2013 , 05:20 AM | #12
I was really surprised when he betrayed me. But he was so helpful during the game, and I am really sure he believed that what he was doing was good for the Empire, that I gave him a chance go redeem himself.

MrGoldsilver
05.30.2013 , 10:02 PM | #13
The real reason Quinn betrays you is because Darth Baras offers to give him cookies, then when he realized that Darth Baras ate all the cookies, he wanted to rejoin you
If war is peace, but peace is a lie, does that make war a lie also?

Engineering Sniper is quite fun now, thank you
Also, nerf operatives

oneRedScorpion
06.06.2013 , 08:46 PM | #14
Quinn should died on betrayal.. what Bioware did sucks.. no Sith let someone to betray them and live .. did the read any books or saw any movies about Star Wars before doing the game??? My Jugger is a pure blood so anytime I use Quinn or remember that moment it gets punished ....

Any warrior need a new healer period... kill Quinn and gain a new companion.

xxforcardassia
06.07.2013 , 07:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by oneRedScorpion View Post
Quinn should died on betrayal.. what Bioware did sucks.. no Sith let someone to betray them and live .. did the read any books or saw any movies about Star Wars before doing the game??? My Jugger is a pure blood so anytime I use Quinn or remember that moment it gets punished ....

Depends on how you look at it. I've always looked at it from the perspective that Baras twisted Quinn's mind and manipulated him into it. Which makes it easier for my SW to allow him to stick around/live (aside that my marauder married him ).

My only complaint about the betrayal is, in my opinion, the rushed nature and (to a degree) what seemed like poor writing (due to the rushed format). This is something that should have been more drawn out, in my opinion. It just comes out of nowhere and then the whole ordeal takes just one quick stop off at a random ship? :/ it also seems awkward the sudden changes Quinn goes through in his mood (moodier than a pregnant chick, I think). One moment he's all "rawr die die die" then "omg forgive me pleaseee". I like the guy, I like the romance he has with my SW, but jeeze they could have thought about the flow of it and his character "depth" just seems to fall apart in that instance, then bam, alls normal and nothing happened... not even a chance at post-betrayal convoys for the SW to work things out with him or test his loyalties, etc.

But c'est la vie, nothing is perfect.

JamieKirby
06.08.2013 , 02:06 AM | #16

Well, considering how the companion system was poorly implemented, the sith warrior, regardless of its AC NEEDs to use the healer companion for more better levelling experiences, otherwise its massive downtimes or even death and not to mention, healer companion gear is vastly more gear friendly, you can keep the healer in crappy greens and they will do very well, while the tanks or dps companions need top notch gear to be AS good.

All they need to do is make the gear for dps and tank companions to be like the healer companion gear in performance to make it more better to allow you to use any companion and not feel like you just gimped yourself.

Connorsan
06.08.2013 , 07:00 AM | #17
Question: Why do we even have that droid, besides healing, what else can you use him for?
"To stare unto the abyss is to stare at Fear itself" ~ Mylokii

Need that extra sub week to do *insert action here*? Then come on
down here to receive your smuggled goods.

Xeperi
06.09.2013 , 07:34 AM | #18
I agree Quinn should have died. Unlike the other comps, he has no unique assets or abilities (in story talk). A smarmy bum-kissing, efficient Imperial Officer of his rank could easily be recruited by a Sith Lord at any time. In fact, I THINK, if Bioware wanted to dose us with some extra fun realism, ALL of the Imp officers (with some small exceptions) would be trying to join our Sith Lord, and each of them, of course, would be entirely replaceable.

When Quinn betrays, there really should have been an option and small cinematic of the following, "Chain Quin to your ship and go into space leaving his vaccum dessicated corpse to serve as a warning to any who would betray you"....or "cut quinns stupid head off, mummify it and make the ships droid hold it like a talking mechanical nicknack shelf, to remind you every time you pass to never completely trust even your closest allies".

Ya, BW handled Quinn poorly, not only does he betray you (a death sentence) but he also "hurts" your wife, Jaesa. Another option- send his head to Baras as a present. Grrr...Quinn!

swtonewbie
06.15.2013 , 02:20 AM | #19
I've been playing since early release, and my first toon ever was a marauder. But i got bored and she sat in Belsavis up until about a month ago. Finished Voss and got around to doing this quest. Upon Quinn revealing his betrayal, fighting him, only getting to force choke him i thought to myself "that was it?!". I mean i know we cant kill our companions, in fact i heard back in beta comps were killable but they changed it cause it was too permanent and people may regret that decision.

But still? somebody betrays my Sith (who i have been playing Dark of course) and my toon is apparently ok with that? You can argue that Sith are generally bad or that not all sith are evil i dont care, that's not the point. I want to play my character evil, and I want to make the choice if i play Dark or Light. I dont want that choice made for me, even if it's because the Devs want to put a twist or they want to make the story interesting. Especially after they have spoiled me with 46-48 levels of dialogue choice...neutral, dark, light, funny, sarcastic, serious or psycho.

I think that the mission was just poorly written, and i think that it should be re-written.
I'm not really a noob...

Qaoz
06.15.2013 , 06:52 PM | #20
Quinn should died on betrayal..
This, but mostly because I can't stand his personality. As a Dark Side Sith, I actually applauded his courage and sneakiness, but I just can't stand the voice and the sleazy, wimpy, whiny, pro-Imperial personality. I felt like dressing him up in a 19th century outfit and having him tug around a cart with a pot of tea and a cup.

"Here's your tea, my lord. All I ask is an opportunity to serve it."

Would've been nice if we got to kill Quinn for his betrayal and the Empire then sent us a replacement. I don't need a captain to pilot my ship - I'm perfectly capable of doing so myself - I just need a person with a med probe and kolto packs who is willing to follow me around non-stop, without telling me how close I came to death every 10 seconds.
If only I'd hit spacebar more often...