Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware is terrible at balancing classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware is terrible at balancing classes

LadyKulvax
05.13.2013 , 07:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
heh you seem under informed about pvp in ESO. They do indeed have siege but its 1 zone in the entire game. You also have to rebuild after victory.
That one zone is an entire province.

Also, of course you have to rebuild, it's meant to be siege warfare over multiple cities and keeps, not king of the hill 1,2,3,4,5,6....
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

xxIncubixx
05.13.2013 , 07:48 AM | #22
If we compare the PvP in this game to crap, then its fairly mediocre.

Vis-Tecum
05.13.2013 , 08:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ST_Licon View Post
the sniper/slinger thats the OP problem, at least a commando can be hit, sniper/slinger A) hits the highest out of ranged dps, B) has cover to reduce damage C) now has a roll for another escape as well as their other stuns and a immunity each time they go into cover.

thats the OP part, now the little un balancing like smash and grav rounds i understand but when a class like the sniper gets that buff it destroys pvp.
okay tell me how you counter snipers/slingers then, not being a ******** but seriously how do you counter them, i play a sent and guardian.
if snipers are your biggest problem in pvp then no wonder your qqing on the internet like a real pvper lol

really snipers??? you think their op to the point of breaking pvp

your also qqing about tracer missiles lol
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 08:53 AM | #24
lol u mad bro
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Capt_Beers
05.13.2013 , 09:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ST_Licon View Post
true not denying that MMOS have unbalance, but the fact being theres a difference between OP and unbalanced my meaning by that is, while for e.g grav round just as example can hit 5-9k so can master strike from a sentinel difference is master strike has a cooldown. now thats an aceptable un balance as sentinels have other moves to make up the dps, but you have to admit that comparing both a sentinel/ mara and a merc/commando VS the sniper/slinger thats the OP problem, at least a commando can be hit, sniper/slinger A) hits the highest out of ranged dps, B) has cover to reduce damage C) now has a roll for another escape as well as their other stuns and a immunity each time they go into cover.

thats the OP part, now the little un balancing like smash and grav rounds i understand but when a class like the sniper gets that buff it destroys pvp.
okay tell me how you counter snipers/slingers then, not being a ******** but seriously how do you counter them, i play a sent and guardian. i shouldnt have to rethink PVP in total because of something like that, you rethink how you pvp when Focus/Rage/Smash spec got its buff you learn how to counter a single move, but an entire class's dynamics thats OP please tell me how you have worked out how to counter them
L2Troll please. Grav Round absolutely doesn't hit for anywhere near 9k.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Jeweledleah
05.13.2013 , 09:27 AM | #26
so I hear pvp is supposed to be 100 % balanced for one on one combat between any and all classes, but still somehow manage to keep classes different and distinct?

/sarcasm.

I don't know, I always felt that pvp should be like rock, paper, scissors. some classes are stronger against one class, weaker against the other. from my experience with TOR pvp - it roughly works out that way.

why? because you are not supposed to be a solo maverik, you are supposed to be playing as a team. and people in TOR actually playing as a team? are a beautiful thing to behold. including when you are playing against them.

Wolfninjajedi
05.13.2013 , 09:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Actually there are going to be full sieges, with resource management being crucial, the main prize is the control of the Imperial City, the most powerful guild leader in control will become the Emperor/Empress, I won't bother linking as all you need is a youtube search.
You gonna be playing ESO too Rayla? Or were you just looking around and happen to come upon the game? :P
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

branmakmuffin
05.13.2013 , 09:39 AM | #28
PvP QQ threads -> PvP forum.

Malastare
05.13.2013 , 09:39 AM | #29
I love how to some people "OP" is defined as "capable of yielding 5% more damage over time". And then I look at a warzone recap and see that the high damage players are turning in damage numbers that are 200-400% higher than the low-damage (non healer, non tank) players.

Once you learn a little math, the conclusion is simple: Minor differences in raw damage output are vastly eclipsed by other factors including player skill, strategic utility, and situational tactics. But really: Player skill should cover the latter two, anyway.

People whined about the lolsmash Warrior/Knights. Yeah, they hit hard, and my Sniper loved to tear them apart. It doesn't matter if they can hit for 6k at 7m when you can pump 15k of damage into them before they even get a chance to fire it off. Even better: two players with a minor amount of coordination rip them apart. Pin/root them and bounce them about. They die without any problems.

So now you think Snipers are OP. Well, they're bursty, always have been, and the roll doesn't really change that all that much. Of course, when we're not talking about a 1-on-1 deathmatch for no strategic advantage, then they might be worrisome. In an actual Warzone, Snipers are only really useful when they have someplace stable to set up and get to work. If your team can keep the battle moving about and chaotic (especially by sending out Shadows/Assassins) then Snipers are going to have much more trouble.

What about Shadow/Assassins? They can Maul/Shadow Strike for 7k, and fire off 3-5 in a very short period of time. Are they OP, too? Or Operative/Scoundrels? They've got quite the annoying cluster of stuns. Mix that with some heavy burst/DoT abilities and they're pretty OP, too.

Turns out... pretty much every DPS build is OP in PvP. Which means none of them are. Again: Everyone has some hard hitting abilities. None of them are strong enough to make up for low skilled players. Even in the midst of the lolsmash madness, smashers were getting ripped apart by skilled opponents all the time. Most of the complaints were coming from people who were facing some sort of mild mismatch (due to situation or character ability) and failed to use the proper strategy or tactics to mitigate that. Some might sum that up as: "L2P". I'm not that lame. I'll just say that you need to put more thought into your PvP.

TL;DR: Skill > Tactics > Strategy > Random Chance > "OP" Damage deficit

LadyKulvax
05.13.2013 , 10:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
You gonna be playing ESO too Rayla? Or were you just looking around and happen to come upon the game? :P
Probably, if it's half as good as a proper Elder Scrolls title.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order