Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

Ridickilis
05.13.2013 , 06:57 AM | #21
How does one go through a dps rotation, or use any ability at all, while typing?

Are you a clicker? Were you typing and clicking at the same time or did you stand there for 2-3 gcd's without doing a thing besides sharing your thoughts and feelings with the group? Lastly, if they were as bad as you say they were, I would have just left. I don't feel the need to stay and trash them.

And to think I came here assuming there was a tanking discussion going on. Did you at least fart in their general direction?

Khalhazar
05.13.2013 , 07:23 AM | #22
Troll thread is troll thread.

Taunting people who aren't very good is bad for the PvP scene in general. It makes people upset, rather than motivating them to improve. That's not even considering how people have off days sometimes...

But seriously: trooooooooolololololol?
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

Brunner_Venda
05.13.2013 , 07:58 AM | #23
I try to help believe it or not.

One huge issue is bolster. Nobody knows how it works. It needs to be fixed.

You STILL have people coming in with old recruit gear, or top end PVE gear.

They end up with 1200 to 1500 expertise. That gets you stomped.

Brittaany_Banks
05.13.2013 , 08:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arox View Post
I often get called a baddie, even though at t he end ive got the most medals and most dmg.

i dont think anyone likes me to be fair, keep to myself
Most medals and most damage/healing does not mean in the least you were properly taking care of the objectives. I'm not saying thats what you were doing, just stating that numbers lie sometimes.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Luckeyduckey
05.13.2013 , 08:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
How does one go through a dps rotation, or use any ability at all, while typing?

Are you a clicker? Were you typing and clicking at the same time or did you stand there for 2-3 gcd's without doing a thing besides sharing your thoughts and feelings with the group? Lastly, if they were as bad as you say they were, I would have just left. I don't feel the need to stay and trash them.

And to think I came here assuming there was a tanking discussion going on. Did you at least fart in their general direction?
You can't click abilities while typing. It will cancel the chat bar. Also, you can chat when waiting for respawn, guarding a door/node, or once you've lost :P
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist

Ridickilis
05.13.2013 , 08:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
You can't click abilities while typing. It will cancel the chat bar. Also, you can chat when waiting for respawn, guarding a door/node, or once you've lost :P
Yeah, I know. They were rhetorical questions, I was pulling the OP's leg. I mean I only ask because he was 'tops on the damage board' so obviously he didn't die nor was he off node guarding. Had to keep that deeeps up after all. I was just surprised that he could not only do that but find the time to flame his team at the same time. Impressive.

Dawncatcher
05.13.2013 , 08:11 AM | #27
Constructive criticism, e.g. "This is how you throw the Huttball" is all well and good, and yes, some people will get offended even by constructive criticism because they can't stand hearing anything but ego-boosting compliments about how good they were doing, even if completely untrue, but just cursing someone out or calling them names isn't constructive criticism.

In pre-30 PvP the other day, my sage was getting cursed out and told things like "Burn in hell" and "Die, [expletive for female dog]" even when pulling top healing numbers. Even when at the same time getting killed 15 times in one match because I was one of only two people making any effort at all to actually score, while the rest just chased the imperial ball carrier around and failed to stop it because the imperials just kept passing over their heads. (Yes, I realize grabbing the ball from mid when there are 5 imperials around and no one on my team isn't likely to do much good, but at least the time they spend killing me is time not spent scoring, and it highlights the flaw in the tactics of the people who aren't around to help because they're all clustered around our goal. And I actually got very close to being able to pass to our endzone stealther a couple times, just couldn't stay alive quite long enough.)

Anyway, with my own teammates telling my to burn in hell, die, calling my curse words and other names, even when I was pulling top numbers on the healing charts on my lowbie two-heal sage (3 if you count force armor), I switched sides to my 1-heal operative, and, while I can't say I continued to top the healing charts or got many MVP votes, the imperials were at least polite and appreciative that I was doing the best I could to heal them with my 1 heal. And in Huttball, we actually had more than 2 people trying to score. A couple of the imperials thought maybe that morning's 'pubs hated me because the ones in question all expected me to be their own personal pocket healer, rather than spreading the heals out and actually paying attention to objectives too.

Khalhazar
05.13.2013 , 08:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
One huge issue is bolster. Nobody knows how it works.
Sometimes I pretend I'm explaining bolster to a dev on a secret alt. ;-)
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 08:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.
Agree.

9 times out of 10 the taunter is garbage as well, many times even worse. Once I see a tirade start in a WZ its straight to my ignore list.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

TUXs
05.13.2013 , 09:35 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.
Agreed lol
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)