Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

dcgregorya
05.12.2013 , 11:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.
There are some games though, where you're over 400k and the next guy on your team is like 70k and you can't help but ask why these people won't stop queuing and wasting everyone's time. I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

Will calling them badides make them better? Probably not, but if you're that awful please stop queuing and go try a practice dummy or train up the rest of the skills your class has or pick an advanced spec or try using a weapon or figure out what other problem you're having.

Astarica
05.13.2013 , 12:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
There are some games though, where you're over 400k and the next guy on your team is like 70k and you can't help but ask why these people won't stop queuing and wasting everyone's time. I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

Will calling them badides make them better? Probably not, but if you're that awful please stop queuing and go try a practice dummy or train up the rest of the skills your class has or pick an advanced spec or try using a weapon or figure out what other problem you're having.
Yeah there are games I do like more damage than the next top 3 guys put together and I'm not even sure how that's possible even accounting for the fact people are quitting left and right. But I don't think calling them is the answer. We need matchmaking and people who are bad should play other players who are bad and then the problem is solved.

Paitryn
05.13.2013 , 12:50 AM | #13
Bravo on the satire point. But to the others:

Low level pvp is for those who have no clue what they are doing, but hell, at least they had the decency to learn before hitting level cap unlike many. I wish we had some form of tutorial match for them for each WZ. (I know having to explain AH to them...their experience with the zone was lackluster and didn't care for it at all)

you give em a few levels, group up with some that seem to perform better...and boom rockin' low bracket in time to hit 30. by all means teach instead of yell, kinda that teach a man to fish proverb....

JouerTue
05.13.2013 , 01:29 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
I'm sorry but in 1.7, 70k was embarassing, in 2.0 its like afking. Maybe just using basic attack? I don't even know *HOW* you get 70k as a DPS spec.

yesterday for the first time i tryed to play a dps spec..first time ever.

1st with 300k damage, 160k heals 14 medals...

now what the **** is happening when my best dps in a pug goes barely over 200k? what are they doing? it's not like i read all threads about sorc dps or studied a rotation...

Glower
05.13.2013 , 03:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjon View Post
So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.
You and only you, arrogant creature!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Grimmjon
05.13.2013 , 04:08 AM | #16
Bunch of ingrates, you guys are totally right. I should of been showered with MVP votes.

Ycoga
05.13.2013 , 04:11 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Arox View Post
I often get called a baddie, even though at t he end ive got the most medals and most dmg.
Some people just love to try bring others down from behind their keyboards. I'd love to see them do the same when standing in front of the other guy, physically.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

-Steph-
05.13.2013 , 04:22 AM | #18
9 times out of 10 when I see people screaming abuse at the rest of the team they tend to come near bottom of the leaderboard or they leave. They generally have done crap all to contribute to the team so I write off most people immediately when they decide to tell everyone else how much they suck.

So despite I don't think you are actually being serious... this situation is rare, in fact I don't think I have once had to decide whether to vote an abusive player MVP or not.
Aderil Sentinel
Brenni Commando
Tojil Shadow
The Solusar Legacy

Jayshames
05.13.2013 , 04:24 AM | #19
Topping damage means nothing.
Not to be big headed, but I often top damage purely because I've been PvPing for a while now and I know what to do. I don't expect any MvP votes for it. I only award my MvP vote to someone i've seen playing well. What I look for when awarding my MvP vote isn't shown on a scoreboard.

Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
yesterday for the first time i tryed to play a dps spec..first time ever.

1st with 300k damage, 160k heals 14 medals...

now what the **** is happening when my best dps in a pug goes barely over 200k? what are they doing? it's not like i read all threads about sorc dps or studied a rotation...
Right now, Sorcerer DPS should ALWAYS finish top on damage. One tree has huge burst and the other has consistent 1k+ damage ticks all the time. That being said though, having the best DPS doesn't win you warzones alone.

stephenalandavie
05.13.2013 , 05:02 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjon View Post
So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.
You are an ***!!