Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To taunt bads or not to taunt bads?

Grimmjon
05.12.2013 , 09:11 PM | #1
So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.

foxmob
05.12.2013 , 09:21 PM | #2
rather be bad at a game than an ******e. something you might consider.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Arox
05.12.2013 , 09:22 PM | #3
I often get called a baddie, even though at t he end ive got the most medals and most dmg.

i dont think anyone likes me to be fair, keep to myself

Battyone
05.12.2013 , 09:40 PM | #4
Lowbie bracket so srs. Why aren't you playing ranked/55 if you're so good as to **** on new players heads? Oh that's right you're probably a baddie too.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

physiology
05.12.2013 , 09:43 PM | #5
You were in the right. Bads actually respond better to taunting, they are not like educated men of reason such as you and I. You cannot talk about things like tactics and keybindings without expecting to get anything but blank stares and gallons of drool from the bads. The only way to make these beasts productive is to insult them, watch them become enraged, and then point them in the direction of the enemy. Is it optimal? No. But it is the best we can do with these sub-humans.

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 09:45 PM | #6
People who complain about bad players are usually the source themselves. It's particularly funny when the guys complaining don't even put up good leaderboards numbers. Yes putting up good leadeboards don't necessarily mean you're good, but it's alwyas amusing to see someone fail to break 100K in any category and wasn't solo defending tell you about his intangible contribution, or rather invisible contribution.

Darth_Vampirius
05.12.2013 , 10:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
rather be bad at a game than an ******e. something you might consider.
/Considered
/Disagree

As for the OP, I thought this was a PVP tanking thread. lol
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

MidichIorian
05.12.2013 , 10:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
Lowbie bracket so srs. Why aren't you playing ranked/55 if you're so good as to **** on new players heads? Oh that's right you're probably a baddie too.
It's somewhat of a misconception that all good players must participate in rateds. Being forced to schedule game time, play the same two teams over and over again in what most likely will be a 20 minute stalemate. Even pugging normals is more fun than that.

Polymerize
05.12.2013 , 10:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's somewhat of a misconception that all good players must participate in rateds. Being forced to schedule game time, play the same two teams over and over again in what most likely will be a 20 minute stalemate. Even pugging normals is more fun than that.
Yepper.

maverickmatt
05.12.2013 , 11:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjon View Post
So I was doing some low lvl pvp earlier today and my team had a bunch of bads. They were playing like crap and I proceeded to taunt them and say stuff like they might be better off as dog food. I was top dmg and didn't get a single MVP vote. Who's in the wrong here? Clearly them but I'd like your opinions.
I think you're poking fun at the children who think this way. Clever, and funny. I applaud your satire.