Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is there a secret housing project?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there a secret housing project?

La_Trix's Avatar


La_Trix
05.12.2013 , 09:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Then by that logic....

SOME TIME LATER...

*lands TARDIS in Cybermen Earth*

Rose: Look! It's the Doctor! I knew he'd come back for me!

*Darth Moonshadow steps out of the TARDIS*

Actually, babe...it's the DARTH-ter.

DARTHTER WHO

COMING THIS FALL ON BBC 7
So...your logic is "A jedi with an apartment on Coruscant" equates "Sith with a TARDIS" .

I'll vocalise your argument. "If we allow people to break character and have housing, then that will lead to extreme foolishness"

Three responses to that.

1: So? Don't play with them.
2: Anyone that stupid is probably going to be just as stupid with or without housing. So you end up accomplishing nothing.
3: If your going to be afraid of potential changes, just because of the most extreme possible outcome, then you're going to breed stagnation.
Beer and Pie since 2003.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
05.12.2013 , 09:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aumeer View Post
Actually, I support the idea of player housing. I do not live in my ship.
By the way the storylines go, your character does live in their ship!

That said, it be nice for my companions to have their own rooms and thus new ships!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Magnusheart's Avatar


Magnusheart
05.12.2013 , 09:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.

From an older Player Housing post few months old.

GAG_Caedus's Avatar


GAG_Caedus
05.12.2013 , 09:56 PM | #24
Ship customization would be nice. But house... nope. Normandy > Anderson's house.

Morgani's Avatar


Morgani
05.12.2013 , 09:56 PM | #25
If Bioware can't raise the quest log from 25 to 35 or 50 quests because doing so will cause server lag and issues for players, then I don't see player housing being implemented any time soon.

I don't care for player housing, I wouldn't partake if offered, but think of the money they could make on the CM. 250 CC for a couch, 175 for a table/lamp combo. 1700 for a wardrobe to keep old gear.

Of course, EA being who they are, virtually nothing would drop in game to decorate your house with. It would all be purchased on the CM.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
05.12.2013 , 09:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aumeer View Post
Actually, I support the idea of player housing. I do not live in my ship.
Early testing had instanced housing, it didn't work out in the end and ships were permanent housing.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Magnusheart's Avatar


Magnusheart
05.12.2013 , 10:07 PM | #27
In every class story we have a Ship either Issued to us, given to us, or already had one at the start.



I would rather be able to choose other ships and buy them, and customize it than have a little metal box on a rock.


Instead of Player HOUSING, why not be able to buy apartments on Dromund Kass or Coruscant?

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
05.12.2013 , 10:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
In every class story we have a Ship either Issued to us, given to us, or already had one at the start.



I would rather be able to choose other ships and buy them, and customize it than have a little metal box on a rock.


Instead of Player HOUSING, why not be able to buy apartments on Dromund Kass or Coruscant?
Hey! My Bounty Hunter stole hers

But that's also where I get the impression the star ships are the houses, as it says as much in the BH storyline.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Darth_Moonshadow's Avatar


Darth_Moonshadow
05.12.2013 , 10:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by La_Trix View Post
So...your logic is "A jedi with an apartment on Coruscant" equates "Sith with a TARDIS" .

I'll vocalise your argument. "If we allow people to break character and have housing, then that will lead to extreme foolishness"
Actually, my argument is "I want to have Billie Piper travel across the timeline with me because she is a sexy beast."

I really don't care about player housing. My one job on this forum is to incite foolishness to brighten everyone's day and break the monotony of negativity that pours in day and night.

So sit back, have a cup of tea and bask in the glory that is my Sonic Lightsaber!

*opens pickle jar*



ASTOUNDING!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Arturioss's Avatar


Arturioss
05.13.2013 , 04:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
In every class story we have a Ship either Issued to us, given to us, or already had one at the start.



I would rather be able to choose other ships and buy them, and customize it than have a little metal box on a rock.


Instead of Player HOUSING, why not be able to buy apartments on Dromund Kass or Coruscant?
That would make sense and could bring more life to certain cities, especially if you combine it with a cantina or something like a common room. I support that idea

Being able to customize your ship would be nice as well but it will be more difficult here to add social aspects onto this.