Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About leavers in WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
About leavers in WZ

Sefarad
05.12.2013 , 03:48 PM | #21
Leavers, deserters, quitters or whatever they are called, are annoying for:
(i) the losing team (less chances to win while another guy comes in);
(ii) the winning team, since, IMO, it is not fun to win against a team that keeps "refilling" itself; and
(iii) mostly, for the players that have to fill in the place, since usually you get into a lost game.

This being said, the real problem with leavers is that if we all start acting that way, soon enough the WZ will be unplayable. Imagine everyone quitting... again and again...Therefore, to permit a behavior that penalyze the players that are actually playing and a behavior that can only exist because the other players do not leave... well, in my opinion is not fair.

So, I fully agree with the OP and there should be some kind of punishment.

By the way, in my experience, leavers use to be "experienced" or "know-it-all" players that usually blame the other for losing the game and then leave.

-Steph-
05.12.2013 , 03:55 PM | #22
They need to do something about the leavers that is for sure. Countless times I've seen people quit just because the other team caps the nodes first as if that is an indicator of who will win? The amount of times teams are losing and people scream 'you guys suck' and ragequit only for us to turn the match around and win.

Why is it so difficult for some idiots just to finish a match whether you win or lose? Can you only PvP if a win is going to be handed to you on a plate?

Its equally annoying to get put into a match with minutes left and your team has already lost, thanks for wasting my bloody time quitter who couldn't wait one minute for the match to end!!

Some sort of debuff so they can't join another match for a while would sort it out. It might piss off people who crash, but I doubt it'll happen often enough to be too big a deal.
Aderil Sentinel
Brenni Commando
Tojil Shadow
The Solusar Legacy

groovegod
05.12.2013 , 04:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sefarad View Post
Leavers, deserters, quitters or whatever they are called, are annoying for:
(i) the losing team (less chances to win while another guy comes in);
(ii) the winning team, since, IMO, it is not fun to win against a team that keeps "refilling" itself; and
(iii) mostly, for the players that have to fill in the place, since usually you get into a lost game.

This being said, the real problem with leavers is that if we all start acting that way, soon enough the WZ will be unplayable. Imagine everyone quitting... again and again...Therefore, to permit a behavior that penalyze the players that are actually playing and a behavior that can only exist because the other players do not leave... well, in my opinion is not fair.

So, I fully agree with the OP and there should be some kind of punishment.

By the way, in my experience, leavers use to be "experienced" or "know-it-all" players that usually blame the other for losing the game and then leave.
Couldnt have said it better.
I posted this also because i see more and more players just leaving and rejoining. It became really annoying to start a WZ just to realise in a min that its a lost game, than the next queue u get into a 0:4 huttball with 8 players on your side.
So the problem isn't anyones poor performance, but the growing number of ppl leaving and rejoining. So dont talk about "keeping the playerbase" or "the game is allready bad" because this is in my opinion one huge problem. Than we can talk about skills, healers or premades.

Zuntrios
05.12.2013 , 06:19 PM | #24
As long as there are players who suck, there will always be players who leave a WZ. A lot of times, those two traits happen to be in the same player. I welcome players who leave, frankly. Most of the time, they're pretty horrible to begin with. Plus, if they leave, I don't have to deal with their nerdrage anymore. Sure, filling the slot of a leaver in the middle of a match is no fun, but you also have the choice to leave as well. No punishment is going to make them stay, and worst case scenario, they won't leave, but rather find ways to keep in combat so they can't be kicked. Look at WoW, people. That crap isn't funny. As soon as you force them to stay, they WILL stay. Doesn't mean they'll actually try, though, and now, you're not only down a body, but they can give the enemy free kills, which is a HUGE disadvantage, in things like Hypergate, or worse, they now have a player to leap to in Huttball.
Stealth? It's nice, I guess. But so is flinging people off bridges.

breynded
05.12.2013 , 06:48 PM | #25
Having a debuff or punishment system wouldn't work. The "leavers" will end up staying to avoid penalization, but they'd probably just semi-afk until the game is over. So, do you want a bunch of non-contributors or a bunch of backfill? I say just let them leave and move on.

sauerkraut
05.12.2013 , 06:59 PM | #26
Are you guys for real? Punishment for quitting? What is this a Gulag or Con Camp? What do you care if someone leaves the WZ? He's not gonna do anything good. You may get someone better. You can't force people to PvP.

foxmob
05.12.2013 , 07:00 PM | #27
you'll never stop quitting. debuffs won't work. reward ppl for staying and fix back fill (i.e., get rid of it). all of that said, let me give you a little insight into solo Qs on the weekends on Jedi Covenant:

CW. I'm my healer. I'm vital to mid where the heavy fire fight is, but I don't see anyone drop left (natural node). so I go to the ledge mid and almost drop before I see someone finally drop grass. I then drop grass also to run interference for him. I drop stealth scan. I pop my aoe punt on the steps and just generally do everything I can, as a mando, to run intereference for the capper. as soon as the node starts to turn, I run straight for mid. the sentinel who ran grass and capped runs back with me. I tell him 3 times to go back. then the undefended node turns red.

I stand there for a few seconds fuming in disbelief. if I choose to stay, I will certainly ream this guy a new one all over the ops chat, curse him six ways from sunday, etc. instead, I leave.

you know what, shame me according to whatever ethical code you want. with teammates like that sent, who needs enemies. at least leaving is straightforward and I avoid blowing my lid in chat for the duration of the match.

again, CW, the whole reason I waited for someone to drop down in the first place is because more than half the time when drop down to block, nobody goes to cap and I have to turn around halfway down the map, thus defeating any advantage of the "natural node." if I'm having a bad day of it with pugs, that will be enough for me to abandon ship. it's not a matter of winning or losing. it's not wanting to deal with "teammates" who don't support me and my own state of mind at the time.

I've kinda done a 180 on this. I used to stick it out just to prevent someone else from being dumped into a horrid back fill situation. now....whatever. as long as it's not a superQ, I'll stick around. but if someone on my team doesn't do the minimal expected...like...hey, if you cap it, you guard it! or at least call for help when you're guarding. if there are multiple stealth, just say so after the fact. that's not so bad. but to just sit there in an ops with someone who does nothing (or everything completely wrong?) that does gall me. I'll leave if I'm solo q'd.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

groovegod
05.12.2013 , 07:10 PM | #28
Some of u are missing my point by a mile...
More and more ppl are leaving and rejoining = more and more ruined WZ
This way the PVP u guys so much talk about gets ruined, non competitive and favors the "cheaters" over "players"...

My guildie today left 3 games in a row, by doing so he ruined 3 games. And hes almost full conq and a skilled player...

MidichIorian
05.12.2013 , 07:21 PM | #29
I think all the people that make other people leave should be put in their own bracket alt. be put on a 2 month suspension.

JaingSkiratapwns
05.12.2013 , 08:10 PM | #30
You're never going to be able to Make a good player stay with a group of bad players, especially if they know the grp they are fighting are drastically better than the losers they are with. You leave, wait a couple moments, then que again, get put up against someone else with hopefully a better team.
[
Plays on POT5