Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About leavers in WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
About leavers in WZ

groovegod
05.12.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1
This has became annoying to me. All leavers should get a debuff and be prevented from entering a wz for a period of time. Or get a "deserter" title glued to their nameplates and have to pay creds or cartel coins to get rid off.

I did the math, it turned out almost every 3rd WZ i was in got ruined by ppl leaving at start or at some point. And I do alot of WZ per day.

Bioware, do it. DO IT.

Battyone
05.12.2013 , 12:10 PM | #2
I agree some kind of debuff for people who leave the match. If you have to attend to other things then the timer won't bother you, if you're just ragequitting or leaving for w/e reason to just requeue you should not be able to. There's a debuff on the PvE group finder for people who abandon group, I think it should apply to WZs too.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

stephenalandavie
05.12.2013 , 12:18 PM | #3
Bioware's queueing system is **** and some people dont have all week to complete Dailies so until bioware comes up with an algorithm to sort the queue system out you are going to have to like it or lump it. Honestly with all the bugs it has right now i am surprised your moaning about leavers.

Battyone
05.12.2013 , 12:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Bioware's queueing system is **** and some people dont have all week to complete Dailies so until bioware comes up with an algorithm to sort the queue system out you are going to have to like it or lump it. Honestly with all the bugs it has right now i am surprised your moaning about leavers.
When do you play? I generally don't have issues getting pops for 55s bracket on Ebon Hawk.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

NogueiraA
05.12.2013 , 12:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
I play on Shadowlands, Republic ONLY play premades, it's impossible to see some players queuing solo.
All the matches versus republic is double premade against solo imp pugs, then I leave because I refuse to play against those guys.
When it's pugs vs pugs the match is awesome.

Azarai
05.12.2013 , 12:33 PM | #6
Dailies are completed whether you win or lose, 6 matches and they're done even if you lose them all. If for some reason you can't complete your weekly which requires 9 wins then maybe you should find a few friends to group with or maybe take a look at your personal pvp skill set. The amount of time people spend searching for a game that they aren't losing could be spent just finishing out the one's you're in, taking the creds/comms and moving along. I won't even deal with ragequitters in my own guild, if I'm grouped with people who quit because a door is blown or we lose a node, I'll leave the group and let it be known why.

Brunner_Venda
05.12.2013 , 12:40 PM | #7
LOL! I love the 'deserter' title idea. It's a lot nicer than what I call them though.

The other day my entire team rage quit versus a pre-made because we had no healers. So I took the other team on solo in the last 30 seconds before the WZ stopped because of my entire team leaving. I don't care. Getting killed 8 on 1 didn't hurt my feelings. It's a game, I got over it.

Neoforcer
05.12.2013 , 12:47 PM | #8
Sound to me like the OP is trying to blame people leaving is why he looses a WZ. Why do people leave well all kinds of reason a few off the top of my head are not focusing healers. Or soloing the one guy that killed you once and your gonna get revenge and kill him/her. Yet you die to this person every time. So if people leave it because no one is doing the right thing in the first place to win.

With that it because a big waste of time to stay you will loose any ways. Weather a person leaves or not punishing those that do leave is a bad idea why. Well this game is in a sorry state with pvp as is and pissing off more players by changing some thin g well then you be playing hello kitty online when this game closes because they pissed more player off

so let not loose more players and keep building players ok.

Sziroten
05.12.2013 , 12:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Sound to me like the OP is trying to blame people leaving is why he looses a WZ. Why do people leave well all kinds of reason a few off the top of my head are not focusing healers. Or soloing the one guy that killed you once and your gonna get revenge and kill him/her. Yet you die to this person every time. So if people leave it because no one is doing the right thing in the first place to win.

With that it because a big waste of time to stay you will loose any ways. Weather a person leaves or not punishing those that do leave is a bad idea why. Well this game is in a sorry state with pvp as is and pissing off more players by changing some thin g well then you be playing hello kitty online when this game closes because they pissed more player off

so let not loose more players and keep building players ok.
what are you saying?

The people angry over people leaving a warzone will be way higher than those who are leaving because they aren't going to win easily and actually do something .... Do something in a warzone? Hey I just chose the warzones which are easy win because.... because of what? You don't finish your weekly? Probably you don't deserve then if you aren't able to win single matches over a WEEK!.....

Player leaving warzones early should get a temp ban + pink name for the time being.

I don't care if you (leavers in general) have to fight against a premade, if you have to do something for your win but if you leave a warzone because it isn't going so well... why don't you stop pvp'ing all together because surely.... you will never be premade material (how could you... not knowing how to make a "win" rather than sitting a win out?)....

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 12:59 PM | #10
Deserters need to a debuff to protect them from themselves. The most likely game to have a spot is a game where your side is losing badly, so all you're doing is hopping from one hopeless game to another. I mean seriously do people think they're going to leave a game and join one where they're up 5-0 in Huttball because people sure quit all the time when they're up 5-0 in Huttball?

People who quit often are almost invariably poorly geared since you can't get comms if you don't win, and there really isn't these 5-0 Huttball games for you to jump into, so they remain as the problem with no hope of salvation.