Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make smash single target - the problem is solved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make smash single target - the problem is solved

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 12:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
Boom. Autocrit the single targeted target only, all others in the AOE have a regular hit.
Again that won't work because Smash doesn't require a target to use. You'd have to make Charge/Obliterate put a debuff on whoever you have targetted instead, as there clearly has to be a target for either ability to be used.

TheCourier-
05.12.2013 , 12:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
demo round is not AOE and is not a guaranteed crit. apples and oranges...
Grav round hits for over 5000 consistently, and due to the PVE set bonus, crits around 40% of the time. Rage spec literally has smash and force scream, both of which have CDs. Slash's crit chance got nerfed, by 7.5%. Masterstrike's third tick doesn't happen often in PVP. So, rage spec has smash and force scream.

Taankjr
05.12.2013 , 12:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Nerf smash, gives a 4sec stun for Warrior/Knight. Fixed, balance fixed.
I guess, he meant that after using a smash, warrior/knight will stun himself for a brief period of time.

mrekxxx
05.12.2013 , 01:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin
best post ever, classes are balanced ... we just need new matchmaking system, new maps, x server

xOxDarkyxOx
05.12.2013 , 01:43 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
The 9k crits aren't something ridiculous in this game coz even my commando crits 9.2k from time to time. The problem is that it's instant AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless. I tried my commando and scoundrel as healers and was a bit confused when 4 smashers lowered the team's health to 5-10% in a second with the only strike. Not needed to tell you how it happens. They just leap in the crowd near a node and yeh - smash it. If there are 1-2 smashers it's more or less healable and avoidable and controlable. But 3-5 monkeys leaping everything that moves is just stupid. The class is really famous now cos you don't need to think much. Just leap n smash - 900k in the list after, end of story.

So that smash is an AOE attack it MUST be weaker than single target attack, isn't it? If everyone realizes it then why the hell it's still criting more than any other class single target skill?! Don't tell me it's all about subscribers. Are BW just so stupid that do not understand it? What's the reason?
Problem not solved. Then it would be the gimped little buddy of the vengeance skill tree, falling far behind ANY other class in DPS.

KettleBelll
05.12.2013 , 01:54 AM | #26
In this thread: Bads complaining about Smash!
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

NoTomorrow
05.12.2013 , 02:33 AM | #27
Whats your damn problem? Roll a MM sniper with siege bunkered entrench, you got at least 60% DR from AoE, + probably some 30% DR from ballistic dampers, and armor DR as well. Smash is a complete joke for us. I can handle alone 2 smashers without much effort.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

JP_Legatus
05.12.2013 , 03:45 AM | #28
Snipers are indeed op as **** but that doesn't make smash not op. Both are broke as ****.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Taankjr
05.12.2013 , 09:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Whats your damn problem? Roll a MM sniper with siege bunkered entrench, you got at least 60% DR from AoE, + probably some 30% DR from ballistic dampers, and armor DR as well. Smash is a complete joke for us. I can handle alone 2 smashers without much effort.
What about 5 at one time, can you kill them ??

skarlson
05.12.2013 , 10:50 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin
Pro tip: It should not take extraordinary efforts in comparison to other classes to counter smash monkies. If you had to do that for everyone then we might not have an issue. Since you can but are not REQUIRED to do that for everyone but this one spec that points to a glaring problem.

I have learned to live with it because this has been going on for over a year and I see no end in site with Biofail's poor logic. I won't weep to see it go though just as no one weeped when far less powerful and problematic abilities on sorcerers kept getting nerfed. But again I'm not holding out on Biofail's ability to use common sense; if they had common sense they would undue all the sorcerer survivability nerfs. Not holding my breath though.
"Unlimited powahahaha! I can't say it..." -Darth Sidious as a Sorcerer