Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make smash single target - the problem is solved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make smash single target - the problem is solved

dejavy
05.12.2013 , 12:22 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Enough is enough, smash isn't OP in any way, If you really have a problem with it, roll a sniper. That's its counter,, too bad if you never have one. Just because someone beats you doesn't make what they play overpowered.

Pre 2.0 it probably was, but now, it's nothing special. Snipers, sages, shadows, commandos, pretty much every class has an attack that hits as hard or harder. Don't Clump up and smash isn't near as effective.
It's not about someone beats someone. It's about the mass efect of smashers gameplay. A smasher is absolutely harmless himself BUT if there are 2-3-5 of them it's kind of catastrophy. Taking into account their survivability even 2 smashers become a problem. That's the point mate. Mass AOE skill that deals 8k+ damage by 3-5 players is kind of complete BS in game balance issue. THere's just no need in any other class except 1 healer and a taunting tank on the field.

So many times i saw premades of 3 smashers and oper/scound healer. More over the final result is always the same. The top of the damage list belongs to smashers. Ofcourse it's not OP. We are just whining coz someone kicked our a**.

TheCourier-
05.12.2013 , 12:26 AM | #12
Rage spec doesn't have a lot of strong hitting attacks. Smash is very easily healed through.

dejavy
05.12.2013 , 12:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Rage spec doesn't have a lot of strong hitting attacks. Smash is very easily healed through.
Ye, if there's just one smashing monkey.

TheCourier-
05.12.2013 , 12:35 AM | #14
I laugh at teams stacking smashers, because melee DPS are very easy to AOE taunt. I've fought multiple smasher teams, and I win most WZs with 0-2 deaths, regardless of if the opposite team is using smash, or sorcs. Smash isn't the strongest DPS spec in 2.0. Marksman and lethality are. Btw, demo round easily hits for over 10000 damage, and only requires the use of 1 grav round to buff demo round.

Astarica
05.12.2013 , 12:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Or make it only auto crit the person you have targeted?

Maybe will make it so stacking a bit of crit is important because the surge change didn't do anything for gearing on that spec.
That won't work because you can technically Smash without having anyone targetted. Just make Charge/Obliterate put a 1 charge debuff on the target (stacks with other Smashers) that causes them to have 100% chance next smash on them is a crit. Make it uncleansable and last the same duration as the self buff for guaranteed crit lasts.

Helig
05.12.2013 , 12:40 AM | #16
As long as they make Smash gameplay less shallow so that it's actually rewarding to play, I'm all for autocrit nerfs, single-target autocrits, smash cooldown increase, etc.

Spec's focus (no pun intended) should really be moved further away from Sweep/Smash. I'd love Focus/Rage to be the caster-y spec of the Warrior/Knight. More 10-meter powers, more utility and range flexibility, less derpsmash.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
I laugh at teams stacking smashers, because melee DPS are very easy to AOE taunt. I've fought multiple smasher teams, and I win most WZs with 0-2 deaths, regardless of if the opposite team is using smash, or sorcs. Smash isn't the strongest DPS spec in 2.0. Marksman and lethality are. Btw, demo round easily hits for over 10000 damage, and only requires the use of 1 grav round to buff demo round.
Demo rounds don't have autocrit mechanics, though - that's the main complaint, from what I gather. I'm stacking Power like mad on my Commando, and I get this kind of Demo crits, but they don't occur very often. I don't really have a whole lot of space for Crit because of how devalued this stat became.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

NogueiraA
05.12.2013 , 12:43 AM | #17
Nerf smash, gives a 4sec stun for Warrior/Knight. Fixed, balance fixed.

Warriors don't have a 4sec stun? They have an strong atack to compensate lack of crowd control.
Force choke/stasis it's not a stun.

cashogy_reborn
05.12.2013 , 12:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
That won't work because you can technically Smash without having anyone targetted. Just make Charge/Obliterate put a 1 charge debuff on the target (stacks with other Smashers) that causes them to have 100% chance next smash on them is a crit. Make it uncleansable and last the same duration as the self buff for guaranteed crit lasts.
demo round is not AOE and is not a guaranteed crit. apples and oranges...
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Helig
05.12.2013 , 12:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Nerf smash, gives a 4sec stun for Warrior/Knight. Fixed, balance fixed.

Warriors don't have a 4sec stun? They have an strong atack to compensate lack of crowd control.
Force choke/stasis it's not a stun.
The forums will be flooded with stun=>ravage tears.

Also, you have enough CC as a Warrior/Knight. The only thing I'd like is a talent in Vigilance and Combat that either "freezes" DoTs on mezzed targets, or makes my AoE mez immune to my own DoTs.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

DroidDreamer
05.12.2013 , 12:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Or make it only auto crit the person you have targeted?

Maybe will make it so stacking a bit of crit is important because the surge change didn't do anything for gearing on that spec.
Boom. Autocrit the single targeted target only, all others in the AOE have a regular hit.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.