Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make smash single target - the problem is solved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Make smash single target - the problem is solved

dejavy
05.11.2013 , 09:34 PM | #1
The 9k crits aren't something ridiculous in this game coz even my commando crits 9.2k from time to time. The problem is that it's instant AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless. I tried my commando and scoundrel as healers and was a bit confused when 4 smashers lowered the team's health to 5-10% in a second with the only strike. Not needed to tell you how it happens. They just leap in the crowd near a node and yeh - smash it. If there are 1-2 smashers it's more or less healable and avoidable and controlable. But 3-5 monkeys leaping everything that moves is just stupid. The class is really famous now cos you don't need to think much. Just leap n smash - 900k in the list after, end of story.

So that smash is an AOE attack it MUST be weaker than single target attack, isn't it? If everyone realizes it then why the hell it's still criting more than any other class single target skill?! Don't tell me it's all about subscribers. Are BW just so stupid that do not understand it? What's the reason?

cashogy_reborn
05.11.2013 , 09:38 PM | #2
smash being an AOE has much far reaching design implications than just focus/rage spec......

you would nerf a lot more than just rage/focus by doing that
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Xerain
05.11.2013 , 10:01 PM | #3
Or make it only auto crit the person you have targeted?

Maybe will make it so stacking a bit of crit is important because the surge change didn't do anything for gearing on that spec.

dejavy
05.11.2013 , 10:03 PM | #4
Then i just don't see the light in the end of this story. Seems it's time to become a smasher not to hurt some other aspects of this fragile game balance.

AdrianDmitruk
05.11.2013 , 10:03 PM | #5
If singularity was moved from buff on self to your debuff applied to target, it would nerf smash spec AOE without affecting other specs (as the other specs don't have singularity).

Or whatever the smash stacks are called.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

Macroeconomics
05.11.2013 , 10:47 PM | #6
It should be dialed back to auto crit on target only. But that's not going to happen. There are plenty of bad rage/focus players out there. So BW is not going to conclude that the spec needs a nerf.

_Kayko_
05.11.2013 , 11:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dejavy View Post
...The problem is that it's instant 30m ranged AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless.....
Fixed it for you.

Along with that, because the game is unable to determine location of players most of the time during leap, ability delay will allow even a mid flight stun to be ineffective against the monkeys. Along those lines of character movement being handled oh so well, the following attack will almost always hit no matter the distance you have on them.

Before someone claims lag, I have been in the 40ms range in warzones, my ~1/25th of a second of delay tells me that the games native latency or the mechanic is at fault, not my end.

For being an instant attack, AOE, a 12 second CD, a base ability, and finally any sort of skill curve to use, the damage output is not in line with any other ability in the game that I can think of. Turbulence, takes a full skill tree to get, I think has a higher base damage, is internal damage, single target, and has a lengthy inturruptable cast time (CD +cast puts it only 1 second faster then smash) does not compare in damage.
But whatever, monkeys threw their poo long enough to get bubble stun nerfed to being near useless and currently broken and often ineffective (not only do all melee classes have an ability that can usually break bubble from range, basic melee range is enough to far enough to break it without getting mezzed)

Smash isn't going anywhere, Bioware doesn't have the ability to add player skill into smash. Everyone else has to just deal with it.
[Jedi Covenant] ~Katsune Legacy
Kayko - 55 Kinetic Sage
Sonika - 51 Lightning Inquisitor
Kaito - 55 Balance Sage

JaingSkiratapwns
05.11.2013 , 11:39 PM | #8
Enough is enough, smash isn't OP in any way, If you really have a problem with it, roll a sniper. That's its counter,, too bad if you never have one. Just because someone beats you doesn't make what they play overpowered.

Pre 2.0 it probably was, but now, it's nothing special. Snipers, sages, shadows, commandos, pretty much every class has an attack that hits as hard or harder. Don't Clump up and smash isn't near as effective.
[INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE]

Caeliux
05.12.2013 , 12:09 AM | #9
Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin

Dencre
05.12.2013 , 12:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin
This man speaks the truth
Dencre BetchPuddin

HynrihkMutilation