Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will you address Operative stun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When will you address Operative stun?

stupidsyrup
05.11.2013 , 05:30 PM | #21
This is such an L2P issue for the OP. Operatives/Scoundrels have a 4 second CC like most classes, AKA the one you don't use your breaker on, and they have a 8 second like most classes, AKA the one you do break. Just because they go Concealment/Scrapper and have a 100% chance to knock you flat on your face for 1.5 seconds does not mean they have more CC's or that they need nerfed. And I have never had an Op/Scoundrel take me down to 30% HP in 4 seconds. And the moment they hit you while on the 8 second stun you're out of it.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

ODTONE
05.12.2013 , 12:10 AM | #22
the op is right you have no idea...
do the math you want, live its annoying as hell..
depends on the class but some classes a scoundrel/ ops can kill you before you even manage to do something,
that dumb animation and then run behind you + lag youre basically just trying to get up and then spin around..
the programming is horrible to counter them for some classes
classes that depend on hiding and stuns suck anyways and attract those kind of dumb players...
stuns need to go so we can pvp not watch shake and bake lag stun freaks..
scoundrel / ops cloakers have been the most annoying thing since beta for some classes.
the only people who care for their crappy stuff are players who use it
and cant play without fighting in pvp alone against a player, who always need an advantage cause they suck,
if you want to stun lock go play a game thats single player.. and let "player" back into pvp

mr_ruiz
05.12.2013 , 01:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
yay! we are back to the "nerf oprative" threads lol
Too lazy to read through all the pages... I did however read the OP.

Why does this seem like a post that was made in the first week of launch? Remember when we could SF twice and still stun once after that?

Point is... We've already been nerfed.
Linnea │Lînnea │Līnnea
::::: The Chupacabra Legacy @ Prophecy of The Five :::::
<WAR>
US Republic PvP

mrekxxx
05.12.2013 , 01:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
You increased damage in wz's in 2.0 by 60% and did not reduce stun duration. Ops mainly, and another class or two are stun locking with one stun and burning down players with 30k health before they ever come out of stun.

At some point your unbalanced game becomes unenjoyable for even the most hardcore of us to keep queuing.

Obviously you've never even died once in wz's and your breakers are always off CD. So I wasn't referencing the BAMF WZ Achievement winners like yourself.

Hey, look! A rational, thoughtful post! Thank you for that!
l2p issue ... all classes have some form of stuns ... just live with it ... i would like to see game without stuns also, but they have to revamp all classes to remove some stuns and make game more enjoyable...

Dawginole
05.12.2013 , 02:27 AM | #25
LOL at all the "l2p" noobs.

The game is paper, rock, scissors right now. Operative is the rock to Sentinels scissors. If an Op comes out of stealth and knocks me down and has taken 50% of my life by the time I stand up at which point the Op does the back stab stun and then proceeds to knock the other 50% off and I'm dead, EXACTLY WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IN YOUR LEARN TO PLAY SCENARIO?

Of course you're going to say stun break. But the other 15 noobs in this thread already stated that you don't stun break until your resolve bar is full.

i.e. All of you saying this doesn't happen are full of crap.

Hmille
05.12.2013 , 03:11 AM | #26

The game is paper, rock, scissors right now. Operative is the rock to Sentinels scissors. If an Op comes out of stealth and knocks me down and has taken 50% of my life by the time I stand up at which point the Op does the back stab stun and then proceeds to knock the other 50% off and I'm dead, EXACTLY WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IN YOUR LEARN TO PLAY SCENARIO?

Of course you're going to say stun break. But the other 15 noobs in this thread already stated that you don't stun break until your resolve bar is full.

Still sounds like a learn to play issue. .

Darth_Dreselus
05.12.2013 , 03:31 AM | #27
Well it is not one stun, at least not strictly speaking. The Knock Down takes you out for 1 GCD in which the Op uses a Backstab (stun break should not be used here), this is then immediately followed with a 4s hard stun (which leads to full resolve) which is 2 GCD's max. This should be broken and contra stunned. If breaker on cd, contra stun as soon as it wears off, if you try to run away, they will only use their slow which is also a 2s snare (another GCD), as you are getting further away it is just a simple question of Explosive Probe + Frag.

But, screw any part of this opener up or have no crits and the Op is a sitting duck as the Shiv/Lacerate combos are fairly lackluster and can be kited pretty well, beyond 4m Op damage is pathetic. And if they Scamper when you kite them they will be gimping themselves even further.

Assasins on the other hand still have a few tricks left when you get some distance in between. In fact stun locks are pretty much the only way Concealment Ops can even do anything.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

davaniel
05.12.2013 , 03:34 AM | #28

Two L2P points out of this:

- As a sentinel you probably shouldn't be sologuarding, an operative popping out of stealth is bound to have an advantage, because otherwise they have none.
- If the operative does the rotation as you say, you will have full resolve after 1.5 seconds and then proceed to destroy the operative. Also, did I mention defensive cooldowns? Operatives practically have none.
Aeriy
op sniper pt jugg mara sorc sin vg sent [55] + some lowbies

mr_ruiz
05.12.2013 , 03:35 AM | #29

Each class has it's kryptonite class. While we are theirs, it's not impossible for a good sent/mara to turn it around on us with some of their CD's.

Just gotta figure it out... I can tell you - from personal experience, it can happen.
Linnea │Lînnea │Līnnea
::::: The Chupacabra Legacy @ Prophecy of The Five :::::
<WAR>
US Republic PvP

JP_Legatus
05.12.2013 , 03:51 AM | #30
You increased damage in wz's in 2.0 by 60%
Stopped reading here, the biggest smash in 1.4 was somewhere around 13k and the current biggest recorded smashes are...you guessed it, 13k. Meanwhile, total health HAS gone up around 50%.

/thread
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje