Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

Ghost_Spectre
05.10.2013 , 08:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
Thnks, tho most of the credit would have to go to Andreus for his awesome heals. I'm sure they were calling hax for the second time they pushed me, somehow I teleported right back onto the line
I saw that and wondered why that happened. Then I watched the video again and saw the reason. Your resolve bar was full when the Guardian tried force pushing you. The game allowed for the animation to happen; however, the mechanics and resolve system put you back in the place because you were immune to the push. I'm sure that had the Pubs screaming and slamming their keyboard, especially that Guardian who pushed you! LOL
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 55 Toons 12

AdrianDmitruk
05.10.2013 , 08:35 PM | #12
I remember losing LOS on you after you finally managed to leap up at the end, and then thinking ohnoez because I wasn't in a position where I could reach you again...fortunately my earlier overheals, along with those of the healer in our pugs, meant you had enough of a buffer to wait out your stuns and enjoy the fruit of whitebar while I went to reposition myself.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 08:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
I saw that and wondered why that happened. Then I watched the video again and saw the reason. Your resolve bar was full when the Guardian tried force pushing you. The game allowed for the animation to happen; however, the mechanics and resolve system put you back in the place because you were immune to the push. I'm sure that had the Pubs screaming and slamming their keyboard, especially that Guardian who pushed you! LOL
Yea i was trying to find out how myself. I noticed I had no cooldown on intercede or force charge..then I thought maybe Andreus pulled me but he wasn't even on the line. This is the first time I've heard about what your saying tho. It could also be something bugged with force push. The other day I dueled a guardian and we both used force push and it didn't work, we got the cooldown however, but no movement or resolve added. Here is the first time it happened clicky the second time was later on in that same duel but it was the guardian who pushed and got no effect.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Tragamite
05.10.2013 , 09:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Would it be so bad to fill the resolve bar faster, make the stuns shorter, or add a five second immunity between them?
I have suggested that stuns account for the time you are stunned on your resolve bar, that is a 3 second stun adds 3 seconds to the resolve, hit with an 8 second stun now you have 11 seconds on your resolve bar. Once you hit 1 min of stunned time you get full resolve. The next stun activates the resolve bar giving 15 seconds of immunity to all cc effects. It doesn't matter if you are hit with a minutes worth in 1 second or over a 15 minute match the stuns that you are hit with equal the time added to your resolve.

From what I saw in the vid his resolve bar filled twice and he was still tossed. Obviously there were some lag as noted from the rubberbanding done on the platform but still that is insanity 1 that you can live for 1:03 while being attacked and manipulated in the way you were and 2 that you did finally get the score after all of it.

This is indeed a good visual as to what can happen in Stun Wars!
Whocsllessur Jugg Tank 55, Etim'a'grt Sorc DPS 55, Ruspe-Rurob PT Tank 55, Tolan'dass Snipe DPS 55, Skltor Sin Tank 55 Pesch-rushi Guard Tank 55, Tragamite Scoundrel Heals 55, Slughter Van DPS 55, Sh-R Sage DPS 55

Zunayson
05.10.2013 , 09:28 PM | #15
Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 09:33 PM | #16
I think if they made the resolve bar drain a little slower when maxed it would be better, at least while in combat. I've also seen people argue that roots need to add to resolve, and even after going thru what I did in the vid I don't think I would want to see that happen personally.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?
IKR? i bet keybinds would have saved me from all those roots

MelliMelon
05.10.2013 , 09:56 PM | #17
Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?
If he passed it would have been an intercept, and he wasn't in danger of dying. He did exactly what he should have.

PoliteAssasin
05.10.2013 , 09:58 PM | #18
Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?

Passing it to who? A guy who's gonna get eaten alive if he manages to receive it? Did you see how many jumped to Myrm throughout that video? And the one knight who was destroying the only person who was on the line?

As for clicking, are you really the type to tell a left handed person they should be right handed? Elitists these days. Let me stoop to your level: I'm sure you and your keybinds couldn't survive an encounter with him and his "clicks".
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 10:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MelliMelon View Post
If he passed it would have been an intercept, and he wasn't in danger of dying. He did exactly what he should have.
Yea there was a good chance it would have been intercepted, but my biggest concern was that even if I did get the pass off I doubt Mallo would have survived to cross the line. He would have been jumped by half a dozen knights

Astarica
05.10.2013 , 10:42 PM | #20
Passing is way overrated in Huttball. I see a lot of people pass when they're not in any danger of dying and just turn the ball over. If your healers are good, you usually aren't in any immediate danger of dying, but the person you pass the ball to generally is, not to mention there are all kinds of clever ways to intercept the ball. Huttball really is like football. If they can't stop you running the ball you just keep on running. You only pass the ball when you know they can stop your running game (by killing you).