Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 07:13 PM | #1
This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score.

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Astarica
05.10.2013 , 07:28 PM | #2
I have had time where I had negative progress from 30m from goal after a minute has passed.

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 07:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I have had time where I had negative progress from 30m from goal after a minute has passed.
I've always seen people complain about roots and stuns but I never understood why until that match. Lucky for me the team we were fighting didn't do so well in the dps department.

Even now I still think the system is ok and that could most likely be because I am so used to it. However I can also see where some people might get frustrated.

Resiel
05.10.2013 , 07:36 PM | #4
Pass the damn ball.

Im kiddiing, who cares its not like you came close to dying you didnt fall below 50% hps.....despite them knocking you down 3 times and focusing you for an entire minute.....

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 07:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Resiel View Post
Pass the damn ball.

Im kiddiing, who cares its not like you came close to dying you didnt fall below 50% hps.....despite them knocking you down 3 times and focusing you for an entire minute.....
My HP wasnt the point I could have passed it if someone would have gone across the line for me but no one thought to do so.

Astarica
05.10.2013 , 07:44 PM | #6
If you're getting massively CCed there's obviously a ton of people around you and passing is just downright dangerous in that environment, especially if you're not in actual danger of dying. Note that if they KB/pull whoever you're passing to, that's usually a guaranteed turnover or interception.

It's a pretty rare occurence to actually be moving backwards with the ball. Usually they would have to have 2 guys who can grapple to pull it off. It's no big deal, just very annoying when you realize despite attempting to move forward you ended up further from the goal after a minute of attempted progress.

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 07:46 PM | #7
Yea thats why I held onto it, I had my defensives and a healer behind me. I figured if I passed to the mara he would have been rooted and killed.

Ghost_Spectre
05.10.2013 , 07:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score.

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back
I have to commend you J_Fred, through all of that you managed to score. This video could be a training vid for tanks of all calibre. Simply an outstanding job on your part on those who were supporting you. I'm sure the Pubs were raging about you being unkillable and possibly haxz! LOL. Great job and video thanks for sharing.
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 60 Toons: 3

J_Fred
05.10.2013 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
I have to commend you J_Fred, through all of that you managed to score. This video could be a training vid for tanks of all calibre. Simply an outstanding job on your part on those who were supporting you. I'm sure the Pubs were raging about you being unkillable and possibly haxz! LOL. Great job and video thanks for sharing.
Thnks, tho most of the credit would have to go to Andreus for his awesome heals. I'm sure they were calling hax for the second time they pushed me, somehow I teleported right back onto the line

Brunner_Venda
05.10.2013 , 08:27 PM | #10
Would it be so bad to fill the resolve bar faster, make the stuns shorter, or add a five second immunity between them?