Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

NogueiraA
05.11.2013 , 12:33 PM | #21
Powertech ****** people since 1.2..

Enjoy your nerf, baddie.

Akuryu
05.11.2013 , 12:45 PM | #22
DPS Powertechs are the most easily focused and killed class in the game. If you couldn't handle a powertech pre-2.0, you were the baddie. Sorry.

It's pretty short-sided to cheer when a class is nerfed so heavily that it's no longer desirable. It would be better for everyone, for PVP in general, if all classes and specs were viable in warzones. Next time you're getting obliterated by 4 smash warriors in the same warzone, remember how you cheered as yet another class was taken off the table. Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.

foxmob
05.11.2013 , 12:47 PM | #23
what bugs me is that they've nerfed burst to the ground, turning assault into a dot spec. ok. but they're still only effective from 10m. if you're going to make them a dot spec, give them their range back. incendiary and assault plastique should go back to 30m. you see, that's perfectly reasonable now, since neither ability hits for nearly the same burst as they used to.

I don't like being a dot spec. but if you're going to make the class a dot spec, then all the previous nerfs to their range need to be rolled back. we're talking here about making them a tech version of madness. it's not even saying "hey, make me roflstomp burst machine." but it's not rocket science to conclude that a melee with poor burst and poor dcds isn't a viable class.
Kracks and other assorted stuff on Jedi Covanent
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Telsnow
05.11.2013 , 12:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Akuryu View Post
Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.
Yep pretty much this. The list of viable options keeps shrinking and it's making the game incredibly boring and predictable.

Capote
05.11.2013 , 03:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Akuryu View Post
DPS Powertechs are the most easily focused and killed class in the game. If you couldn't handle a powertech pre-2.0, you were the baddie. Sorry.

It's pretty short-sided to cheer when a class is nerfed so heavily that it's no longer desirable. It would be better for everyone, for PVP in general, if all classes and specs were viable in warzones. Next time you're getting obliterated by 4 smash warriors in the same warzone, remember how you cheered as yet another class was taken off the table. Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.
Had to login to quote this. I played my pt as ap a lot and its still under dps classes overall. It's hard to argue with smashers about it here tho...

Siphorus
05.12.2013 , 09:22 PM | #26
DPS is underpowered for PT and survival
Deft - The bastion

dcgregorya
05.12.2013 , 11:26 PM | #27
I'm still topping damage and objectives. What am I doing wrong? And FWIW, AP survivability is just fine. Pyro somewhat less, but not horrid.

cashogy_reborn
05.12.2013 , 11:28 PM | #28
topping damage doesnt really mean a lot in the grand scheme of things.

the PT version of pyro is still decent, b/c it offers some baseline group utility (taunts, aoe stun, grapple). the Merc version of pyro is just trash now
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

dcgregorya
05.12.2013 , 11:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
topping damage doesnt really mean a lot in the grand scheme of things.

the PT version of pyro is still decent, b/c it offers some baseline group utility (taunts, aoe stun, grapple). the Merc version of pyro is just trash now
I don't think the merc version is bad either. It's just a dot class, tech dots, when 90% of WZ healers are tech healers, so I don't care for it much. Still, both are fine at killing and surviving. Most importantly, both have viable alternative specs for DPS in warzones that work very well if you don't like Pyro.

And regarding topping damage - the only nerf they got was *to damage*, so if you're still killing people, surviving and completely objectives, what is there to complain about? (In PVP at least, PVE is a bit different).

NoTomorrow
05.12.2013 , 11:38 PM | #30
problem is not the class being OP or requiring skill or not, nothing in this game requires skill. Problems is we lost one of the primary healer killer specs in SWTOR. Just notice what a healer fest has 2.0 become.

And no, bads were you guys, unable to beat PT before 2.0. On my Sniper, PT Pyro always was a joke, even before the 1.4 nerf.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.