Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

Morde_
05.10.2013 , 09:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post
Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.
try playing better
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

Mistrunnerx
05.10.2013 , 09:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtBranham View Post
This was posted before 2.0 dropped so how is this relevant at all to the discussion?

thefishdude
05.11.2013 , 09:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pat-Rat View Post
I understand the need for pts vanguards to be looked at by bw.

What I don't understand is the small minded players who enjoy seeing a class, any class, nerfed to the ground.

I myself will soon have 5 of the 8 classes at 55 and eventually I'll have all 8. I want everyone of those 8 classes to be competitive in pvp.

Really people, debating the need for a buff or a nerf is fine. What isn't fine is people who enjoy seeing a class destroyed because sometime in the past it may or may not have been OP.
LAMO

this class wasn't even close to being "nerfed to the ground". The nerf to crit, which affects all of us, hurt Pyro PT's, because they were reliant on the dot to tick for crits and their Railshot to crit all the time. Well, it doesn't anymore; so, you guys have to actually be good at the class to top the damage charts.

no more of this two button nonsense (don't believe me click here). That's why we're laughing at the PT's coming to the forum QQing about it. My Sin Tank has been nerfed numerous times in the last year (another armor reduction in 2.0).....I learned how to play the class and still be successful.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Mularky
05.11.2013 , 10:17 AM | #15
That is funny b/c all the other classes got burst added to them and vanguards did not get anything. The Vanguard class has become a dot class of being able to pull high numbers but not actually kill anyone. There is no hard class in this game. You can't just rate a class on how many buttons they press. If you think that is true you are basing skill upon how fast your hands can move. If you wanted to be a bad vanguard you could do 2 buttons, but if you wanted to be a good vanguard you would use an assortment of your skills. Right now a Commando is a 4 button class and you can get away with it being a 2 button.
Ascendancy

mrekxxx
05.11.2013 , 10:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by thefishdude View Post
LAMO

this class wasn't even close to being "nerfed to the ground". The nerf to crit, which affects all of us, hurt Pyro PT's, because they were reliant on the dot to tick for crits and their Railshot to crit all the time. Well, it doesn't anymore; so, you guys have to actually be good at the class to top the damage charts.

no more of this two button nonsense (don't believe me click here). That's why we're laughing at the PT's coming to the forum QQing about it. My Sin Tank has been nerfed numerous times in the last year (another armor reduction in 2.0).....I learned how to play the class and still be successful.
this ...

Mularky
05.11.2013 , 10:39 AM | #17
LAMO

It looks like you did not read the assault patch notes. They cut CGC/PC damage by 50% we lost 15% of our armor pen to RS/HiB and they nerfed TD/AP to a dot that does nothing. The crit nerf did not matter at all to me.
Ascendancy

Theology
05.11.2013 , 11:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post
Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.
AHAHAHAH. Now that the class takes some skill, you can't cut it. You're terrible Deft.

Also, this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
try playing better

cycao
05.11.2013 , 11:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mularky View Post
That is funny b/c all the other classes got burst added to them and vanguards did not get anything. The Vanguard class has become a dot class of being able to pull high numbers but not actually kill anyone.
Welcome to the state of madness assassins, its been like that since launch and even more so now.

OldSpiceSwag
05.11.2013 , 12:03 PM | #20
LAMO

50% cut to a huge chunk of their dps in pve, their only redeemable factor in pvp--burst--was cut by maybe a third, and their defense/utility is the same...what would you call that?

pts havent been op since 1.7.

this nerf was totally unneeded