Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the point of my $15 a month?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the point of my $15 a month?

Callaron
05.10.2013 , 05:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Seriously disgusting display of American greed. There will always be a sucker somewhere who will hand over a dump truck full of money for those packs, and they know it.
Not sure those are an American invention, Asian gaming companies (like the above mentioned Perfect World) have been using "treasure chests" that contain random loot (including super rare mounts) for many years.
Bioware just implemented it slightly differently, the difference being that they are drops in those games - and that you have to buy the keys to open them with real money - here you skip the whole key thing and just buy it straight from the source, same results - different implementation.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.10.2013 , 05:31 AM | #22
Fifteen bucks just gets you server access. Everything else is just gravy.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

ZirusZero
05.10.2013 , 05:40 AM | #23
Well, you spend much more such as on a movie in real life. 15 bucks for an entire month of enjoyment and access to 8 class stories is plenty compared to a 2-3 hour movie.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

GrimAce
05.10.2013 , 05:47 AM | #24
$15/month entitles you to complain about non-subscribers being the bane of your existance.

>.>

<.<
|-o-| <-o-> |-o-|
I HAVE YOU NOW

| Vrek | Siiras | Elliöt | Kharoz | Bhalr | Bhálr |

Kayin
05.10.2013 , 06:10 AM | #25
"Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly?"
The instrument of domination

Aries_cz
05.10.2013 , 06:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kanaughty View Post
Let's take Hulu for instance. You can pay or not pay the $8 a month, but you don't pay extra everytime their is a new Office episode that comes out. That is why I personally feel ripped off here by this game. We are paying for them to add the new content, so we should be able to enjoy it for free and not have to use our stipend on it.
You are slightly mistaken here. Cather, Appearance Kiosk, etc, are NOT content, they are fluff. Playing Cathar or changing your face does not affect your gameplay in any meaningful way. Patch 2.1 is going to be a "Cartel Patch", but in a month after it, you will get Patch 2.2, which is supposed to be not focused on Cartel items.
Oh, and BTW, Cathar are basically free for Subscriber with Security Key (they cost 600CC, which is exactly what one moth+key gets you). If you do not want to play Cather, do not buy them.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

tgokovenant
05.10.2013 , 06:53 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
You are slightly mistaken here. Cather, Appearance Kiosk, etc, are NOT content, they are fluff. Playing Cathar or changing your face does not affect your gameplay in any meaningful way. Patch 2.1 is going to be a "Cartel Patch", but in a month after it, you will get Patch 2.2, which is supposed to be not focused on Cartel items.
Oh, and BTW, Cathar are basically free for Subscriber with Security Key (they cost 600CC, which is exactly what one moth+key gets you). If you do not want to play Cather, do not buy them.
^This
And also, you don't even have to buy the physical key to get it. Just download the free app and sync it to your account, wham bam 100 extra cc a month for 2 minutes of your time.

Me personally, I am perfectly happy with what I get as a subscriber. I started playing this game as F2P and I gotta tell ya, I felt so gimped, especially without the sprint ability on a new toon. Trust me. Let your subscription run out and start a new alt as F2P, by level 10 you'll be itching to hand over that 15 bucks. I understand the op's stance though, since he's coming from a full sub model game, but this is not wow, bioware/ea are not activi$ion/blizzard. And for the most part, they have been pretty open about the cartel market, and how it affects us subs. In the end, nobody is forcing you to play.
Lek'saen (Sorcerer) | Lek'san (Marauder) | Lek'sara (PowerTech)
Red Eclipse

justagirlplaying
05.10.2013 , 06:58 AM | #28
Let's see, I'll use an example to try and illustrate what you get for $15 a month here

World of Warcrat:
1) access to lvl up from 1 to 90
2) dailies at lvl cap so that you can progress
3) Acces to dungeons past lvl 20
4) Acces to raids (Depending if someone wants to take you to their pug raid)
5) Acces to 9 different classes that have no story, only spells to differience them

now Star Wars: The Old Republic
1) 500cc a month + 100 if you have a security Key (both fisical or digital version)
2) Access to fp, ops and warzones
3) Increased xp gain and rested exp
4) Increased credit cap
5) Ability to wear different types of gear
6) Trade without restrictions and the ability to send and receive in game mail
7) You can send credits to your alts
8) Access to 8 different classes with their own story

I think that's all, In my opinion the $15 I'm paying for Swtor are well worth it.
I'll rise from the chaos a sister to the darknes a master to the slaves!

Jacen_Starsolo
05.10.2013 , 07:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I figure I ought to point out that this is basically an extra update within the whole "eight weeks" release schedule, with another update coming early June (11th?) which won't be as Cartel Market focused - who knows, maybe they'll even include another area like Section X that is free for subscribers.
As annoying as it might be, most F2P MMO's actually charge you for recustomizations, as do the sub games that actually have it available;

WoW: You can change your hair and beard for in game gold, anything further than that and you pay Blizzard real money.
Aion: Changing your character requires you to buy a customization plastic surgery ticket from the store.
TERA: See Aion
TSW: Same deal as Aion and TERA
RIFT: Not a clue, never played past level 20 - anyone?
Neverwinter: Once again, bought from their store.
DDO: I don't think it was available when I played, unless it was included in the reincarnation items (which were bought from their store)
LOTR: Not a clue, never played it.
City of Heroes/Villains: In game credits - but the game is also shut down and R.I.P.

Like every other company they are going to follow the "industry standard" - so if other MMO's charge for re-customizations... yeah...
Rift in game credits.

And Neverwinter? The game that's in beta now? I don't think Cryptic is making it RL money since no game in their history has done that. All are in-game credits with CoX, CO, to STO.

altaltalt
05.10.2013 , 07:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimAce View Post
$15/month entitles you to complain about non-subscribers being the bane of your existance.

>.>

<.<
^this
Virtus Virtutis - Strength Is Power
The Dakairian Legacy
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it"- Kreia